Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

Edited to add more information for posters:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Help with quoting portions of a post and the entire post

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with quoting portions of a post and the entire post

When I want to respond to several points made in someone's post, how do I quote only portions of their post in ONE POST of mine (leaving room in between each point/comment of theirs so I can respond to it specifically) without having to quote the entire post which just puts their post all together in one block of grey text?

Originally posted by krisjordan View Post
    When I want to respond to several points made in someone's post, how do I quote only portions of their post in ONE POST of mine (leaving room in between each point/comment of theirs so I can respond to it specifically) without having to quote the entire post which just puts their post all together in one block of grey text?
    copy/pastc [QUOTE=info from tag line(their name,###### ) their text then end / quote [/QUOTE]

and copy/ past the test you want to use between them open quote and close quote
    Open quote= [QUOTE=krisjordan;n4468848 without this text] texthere, then close quote [/Quote without this text]

Play around with it you will get it, use you Preview option.
    Last edited by Fool4Jesus; 03-17-17, 08:46 AM.
    All men see God in creation but suppress the evidence in sin. Good apologists for the Christian faith always remember that. As you prepare to defend the faith, study the truths of the faith and pray that minds will receive them. And Have Fun!

Comment

[QUOTE=Fool4Jesus;n4469082]
      copy/pastc

Open quote=
      Originally posted by krisjordan;n4468848 without this text
      texthere, then close quote [/Quote without this text]

Play around with it you will get it, use you Preview option.
      Well, I tried playing around with it in this thread but I don't think I'm understanding what I'm supposed to be doing...can you clarify a little more (like, step by step)?

Comment

[QUOTE=krisjordan;n4469329]
        Originally posted by Fool4Jesus View Post
        copy/pastc

Open quote=

Well, I tried playing around with it in this thread but I don't think I'm understanding what I'm supposed to be doing...can you clarify a little more (like, step by step)?
        I'll try

#1 click "Quote icon

The quote will be at top of you new dialog box... copy and paste the whole thing, the code and the text. Then just delete the text you don't need keeping the code intact
        The code is between the [ ] brackets keep both [ ] and the code between. keep both sets of brackets [code here ] text here [code here ]

So it will look like this:

with it in this thread but I don't think I'm understanding what I'm supposed to be doing...can you clarify a little more (like, step by step)?
        Just delete text you don't need should look like this.

(like, step by step)?
        try that
        All men see God in creation but suppress the evidence in sin. Good apologists for the Christian faith always remember that. As you prepare to defend the faith, study the truths of the faith and pray that minds will receive them. And Have Fun!

Comment

the sky is blue

one block of grey text?
          bule gray it all good

I can respond to it specifically)
          ok

Comment

[QUOTE=Fool4Jesus;n4469462]

I'll try
            Testing..."I'll try"

#1 click "Quote icon
            Testing 2...#1 Click...

Just delete text you don't need should look like this.
            Testing 3...Just delete the text...

Yay! Thank you. That made sense.

Comment

Working...
            X