Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

Edited to add more information for posters:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

What's going on here?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What's going on here?

    Hi.
    I've noticed this past week that when I click on the quote button nothing happens.
    Either on my phone browser, or Firefox on my laptop.
    As I use a MacBook pro, I'm limited.
    I also tried safari, and the same problem.
    My phone is a Samsung, so it uses chrome by default.
    What's up?
    Thank you.
    God is real. He can be known. You only cheat yourself by giving what you call reasons, and are nothing more than excuses. There's an old saying:
    an excuse is nothing more than a skin of reason, over a skeleton of lies.

  • #2
    Originally posted by SteveB View Post
    Hi.
    I've noticed this past week that when I click on the quote button nothing happens.
    Either on my phone browser, or Firefox on my laptop.
    As I use a MacBook pro, I'm limited.
    I also tried safari, and the same problem.
    My phone is a Samsung, so it uses chrome by default.
    What's up?
    Thank you.
    Just refresh the page.
    It is fundamentally necessary and healthy for Christians to acknowledge that God foreknows nothing uncertainly, but that He foresees, purposes, and does all things according to His own immutable, eternal and infallible will. This bombshell knocks "free-will" flat…

    Martin Luther The Bondage of the Will

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Beloved Daughter View Post

      Just refresh the page.
      and this is the first time since last week that this has worked.
      I'd tried that--- several times.
      But thank you for saying something. I'd forgotten about my posting this.
      God is real. He can be known. You only cheat yourself by giving what you call reasons, and are nothing more than excuses. There's an old saying:
      an excuse is nothing more than a skin of reason, over a skeleton of lies.

      Comment


      • #4
        Ok.
        I just found something out. It's just the one thread that I'm on which is not working. I went on an older thread a few minutes ago, and it's working fine.
        http://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/sec...here-is-no-god

        Not sure why, but when I click on quote, I get no response. Same if I just click reply. But on the older thread, it works fine--- same on this thread here.
        God is real. He can be known. You only cheat yourself by giving what you call reasons, and are nothing more than excuses. There's an old saying:
        an excuse is nothing more than a skin of reason, over a skeleton of lies.

        Comment


        • #5
          So, Forum mgmt, I don't know why, but it appears that I can click quote, reply on other threads, but the "My evidence there is no God" thread, quote and reply is not working for me.
          It worked fine when I initially went in and posted my first post, but all subsequent posts are not working.
          I'm using Firefox browser, did try safari- both on my macbook. I'm on the window's laptop now, using firefox, same problem. I haven't been here on the windows laptop for a few months, so I know that it's not a cache issue.
          God is real. He can be known. You only cheat yourself by giving what you call reasons, and are nothing more than excuses. There's an old saying:
          an excuse is nothing more than a skin of reason, over a skeleton of lies.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SteveB View Post
            So, Forum mgmt, I don't know why, but it appears that I can click quote, reply on other threads, but the "My evidence there is no God" thread, quote and reply is not working for me.
            It worked fine when I initially went in and posted my first post, but all subsequent posts are not working.
            I'm using Firefox browser, did try safari- both on my macbook. I'm on the window's laptop now, using firefox, same problem. I haven't been here on the windows laptop for a few months, so I know that it's not a cache issue.
            Going to get Admin console to close this thread due to errors in posting on some of the pages, posters should continue the discussion in a new thread. Per admin was going to delete thread but now just posts that were causing issues will be deleted and thread closed, due to quoting and posting errors, posters should copy their posts to put in new thread if they want to continue discussion. Steve, do not copy the post that had the errors in posting layout, do not want to carry the errors over to new thread, may repost the content but not the layout. (edited to add changes) It seemed to be some code content added to your post that caused posts not to work.
            Last edited by CARM Admin; 04-19-17, 05:27 PM.
            * "But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith," (1 Tim. 1:5).
            * "Conduct yourselves with wisdom toward outsiders, making the most of the opportunity. 6 Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned, as it were, with salt, so that you may know how you should respond to each person," (Col. 4:5-6). NASB

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by CARM Admin View Post

              There is an error on one of your posts, editing not working, posted note, going to get Admin close to the thread, continue the discussion, copy posts to put in another thread. The post that caused many errors am trying to remove, will delete the thread to remove the posting errors after post copied.
              Wow. Is it post #162?
              God is real. He can be known. You only cheat yourself by giving what you call reasons, and are nothing more than excuses. There's an old saying:
              an excuse is nothing more than a skin of reason, over a skeleton of lies.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by SteveB View Post

                Wow. Is it post #162?
                See edit to my post above for added info, yes it was the post 162 I believe, is now deleted.
                * "But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith," (1 Tim. 1:5).
                * "Conduct yourselves with wisdom toward outsiders, making the most of the opportunity. 6 Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned, as it were, with salt, so that you may know how you should respond to each person," (Col. 4:5-6). NASB

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by CARM Admin View Post

                  See edit to my post above for added info, yes it was the post 162 I believe, is now deleted.
                  Hi.
                  I saw that it was deleted.
                  So, do you have any idea what happened?
                  I remember using the preview button, and then saw something didn't look right, so I'd edited that, and posted. Upon immediate inspection of my post, I saw that the lower portion of it came back to the left, beneath the name/user-type/post count bar.
                  I thought it strange, and had never seen anything like that before, but figured it was just a graphical anomaly, so I ignored it.

                  I just quoted the original post, and using the quote tool, broke it up into several point by point elements, and responded to each point, as usual.
                  It wasn't until later when someone responded to my points that I began realizing I could not use the quote, or reply buttons, and had to copy the respondent's posts, scroll down, and manually enter my responses.
                  As stated above, I tried other browsers, and other devices.
                  God is real. He can be known. You only cheat yourself by giving what you call reasons, and are nothing more than excuses. There's an old saying:
                  an excuse is nothing more than a skin of reason, over a skeleton of lies.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SteveB View Post

                    Hi.
                    I saw that it was deleted.
                    So, do you have any idea what happened?
                    I remember using the preview button, and then saw something didn't look right, so I'd edited that, and posted. Upon immediate inspection of my post, I saw that the lower portion of it came back to the left, beneath the name/user-type/post count bar.
                    I thought it strange, and had never seen anything like that before, but figured it was just a graphical anomaly, so I ignored it.

                    I just quoted the original post, and using the quote tool, broke it up into several point by point elements, and responded to each point, as usual.
                    It wasn't until later when someone responded to my points that I began realizing I could not use the quote, or reply buttons, and had to copy the respondent's posts, scroll down, and manually enter my responses.
                    As stated above, I tried other browsers, and other devices.
                    Same thing happened to me on a mod post in private forums with lots of quotes, not sure what is causing it, is some sort of code error, noted on larger posts edited in quotes, since it did not occur until an edit of a post but do not know what it is.
                    * "But the goal of our instruction is love from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith," (1 Tim. 1:5).
                    * "Conduct yourselves with wisdom toward outsiders, making the most of the opportunity. 6 Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned, as it were, with salt, so that you may know how you should respond to each person," (Col. 4:5-6). NASB

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by SteveB View Post

                      Hi.
                      I saw that it was deleted.
                      So, do you have any idea what happened?
                      I remember using the preview button, and then saw something didn't look right, so I'd edited that, and posted. Upon immediate inspection of my post, I saw that the lower portion of it came back to the left, beneath the name/user-type/post count bar.
                      I thought it strange, and had never seen anything like that before, but figured it was just a graphical anomaly, so I ignored it.

                      I just quoted the original post, and using the quote tool, broke it up into several point by point elements, and responded to each point, as usual.
                      It wasn't until later when someone responded to my points that I began realizing I could not use the quote, or reply buttons, and had to copy the respondent's posts, scroll down, and manually enter my responses.
                      As stated above, I tried other browsers, and other devices.
                      Hello Steve,


                      Did you get any error messages about the editor failing to load properly? Constantly I get that, and i need to clear the cookies from "carmforum". Don't know how long that will help the issue, but it worked for me.

                      IMO this board's software is like my vacuum cleaner: it.................. Can't post it

                      But in my postings to CARM Admin, they have other more pressing issues to resolve than the software issues. Rest assured that CARM Admin is more frustrated about it than you are.
                      MY FOUR APOLOGETIC AXIOMS

                      1. Any verse ripped from its context is a pretext 100% of the time

                      2. We attack lies so others will see the truth; that is proof of our love for all cultists, not our hatred .

                      3. Inconsistency is a tiny hobgoblin haunting every cult

                      4. "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire







                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by john t View Post

                        Hello Steve,


                        Did you get any error messages about the editor failing to load properly? Constantly I get that, and i need to clear the cookies from "carmforum". Don't know how long that will help the issue, but it worked for me.

                        IMO this board's software is like my vacuum cleaner: it.................. Can't post it

                        But in my postings to CARM Admin, they have other more pressing issues to resolve than the software issues. Rest assured that CARM Admin is more frustrated about it than you are.
                        Hi John.
                        I only noticed, after I posted that it was not showing the normal appearance. I think I may have done a preview, to make sure all was ok, but it's been just long enough now, and the past few weeks have been really hectic due to a death in the family, 3 weeks ago, preparing for the memorial, removing furniture, belongings, and looking for work. I.e., I'm really occupied with a lot of things, and if I think about it, I find myself wondering why I'm even here right now. I think it's an escape from the madness. What an escape, eh...?

                        As far as the software goes, I've never been fond of this forum software. I remember shortly after first coming here (late 2012), I even asked them to use another software which I had been using for nearly 10 years, and had been quite pleased with. I've just gotten used to it, and have gotten to the point where I no longer really think about it.
                        Life goes on......

                        Grace to you, and Peace.
                        God is real. He can be known. You only cheat yourself by giving what you call reasons, and are nothing more than excuses. There's an old saying:
                        an excuse is nothing more than a skin of reason, over a skeleton of lies.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by CARM Admin View Post

                          Same thing happened to me on a mod post in private forums with lots of quotes, not sure what is causing it, is some sort of code error, noted on larger posts edited in quotes, since it did not occur until an edit of a post but do not know what it is.
                          indeed curious. Oh well. Cie la vie.
                          Ok. Thank you.
                          Grace to you, and Peace.
                          Best.
                          God is real. He can be known. You only cheat yourself by giving what you call reasons, and are nothing more than excuses. There's an old saying:
                          an excuse is nothing more than a skin of reason, over a skeleton of lies.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X