Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Old-school atheist. Sick of the chaos that modern social media imparts to discussion.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old-school atheist. Sick of the chaos that modern social media imparts to discussion.

I used to live on internet message boards, but I got tired of debating the same topics over and over. I avoided religion and science confrontations for the most part on Facebook and Twitter, but I've recently found some of the old fire and those platforms just don't cut it. I probably won't be around much due to meatspace obligations, but my interests are mostly on the science and philosophy side. Cheers.

Welcome! Hope you find an open and honest dialogue among posters here.
    Kyrie eleison

Comment

Dear August Ivanhoe aka? Old-school atheist and dear DeSanto:

Tired of nonsense talk. endless useless blather (see Annex below)?

Come to this thread of mine:

And see whether as you have intellectual guts erh courage, you will enjoy talking with me systematically, rationally, and intelligently on this thesis of mine:

The investigation of existence leads man to the existence of God, in concept as first and foremost the creator cause of everything with a beginning.

You can get started with clicking here or read below at * .

11-12-17, 04:21 AM | From Yrger | Post #220

Okay, everyone here, quit wasting time talking about anything else but existence.

You see, unless you are blind: of the three threads I have been working on here in CARM:

1. What it is to prove something to be existing, and how.
      2. Is it possible for man to prove God exists [or does not exist]?
      3. Dear friend, if you can think, I can explain why God exists.

Thread No. 1 is the pre-requisite of all your talk about anything at all to be existing.

So, when you do not know that, then please do not talk at all, because you have no foundation to talk about anything at all, as you have no knowledge of what is existence.

Okay, dear Oh atheists in particular one Spacemonkey, and Oh ye active posters of assorted persuasions in particular one HRG: read this question/proposition from me: and run away or when you have any intellectual courage at all, let you and me talk about what is existence.

This is my proposition:

The investigation of existence leads man to the existence of God, in concept as first and foremost the creator cause of everything with a beginning.

So, I will not give any attention to any posters talking about anything but not about existence, in particular on the proposition:

See next post from me.

11-12-17, 05:04 AM | From yrger | Post #221

This is my proposition:

How do we you and I get to know about what is existence?

We get to know about existence by our experience of existence, first and foremost our own each one's existence, and also the existence of a fellow human like ourselves.

Before I forget: atheist Spacemonkey wants to talk about the universe the one inside his brain, that could be uncaused; but he has no intellectual courage to talk about what is existence in the first place.

With one HRG, he goes to the opposite extreme, he wants to talk about that if there be a God existing, then there could be an infinite number of Gods existing; but just like atheist Spacemonkey, HRG has no intellectual courage to undertake any investigation on what is existence.

Okay, we know what is experience: if anyone does not know what is experience, here is one way you know what is experience, the fact that you are conscious of reading this post, that is an example of experience.

And that experience of reading this post, it is an experience of the existence of this post.

That experience also embeds the experience by you of your very own existence.

So, we humans know what is existence by our experience of instances of existence, which instances of existence for us humans are everywhere and in all time dimension.

So: existence for us humans is anything at all which we experience.

And what is experience?

I will give you examples of experience:

1. The reading of this post is an example of experience.
      2. When you sneeze, that is an example of experience.
      3. When you dream, that is an example of experience.
      4. When you look at the sky and see the moon in the evening sky, that is an example of experience.
      5. When you are choking for having swallowed a piece of tough beef which goes to the lung pipe, instead of the stomach pipe, that is an example of experience.
      6. When you see a human body in a coffin, that is an example of experience.
      7. When you have to go to the bathroom very pronto, that is an example of experience.
      8. When you get hit by some feces from a bird flying above you, that is an example of experience.
      9. When you witness your wife in labor delivering your first baby, that is an example of experience.
      10. When I tell you to go away, because you are so stupid, and you hear me, that is an example of experience.

When you cannot still understand what is experience, then please go away and fly a kite or jump into a lake: flying a kite or jumping into a lake are examples of experience - but don't stay here in this thread at all.

Experience is an instance of our conscious existence as living entities.

Okay, what do you say, Oh ye atheists, and Oh ye active posters of assorted persuasions.

Do we now know what is experience and what is existence?

Annex

11-12-17, 12:58 PM | August Ivahoe | Post #1

Old-school atheist. Sick of the chaos that modern social media imparts to discussion.

I used to live on internet message boards, but I got tired of debating the same topics over and over. I avoided religion and science confrontations for the most part on Facebook and Twitter, but I've recently found some of the old fire and those platforms just don't cut it. I probably won't be around much due to meatspace obligations, but my interests are mostly on the science and philosophy side. Cheers.

11-14-17, 01:40 AM | From DeSanto | Post #2

• Welcome! Hope you find an open and honest dialogue among posters here.

If men knew what eternity is, they would do everything to change their lives.
        ~Our Lady of Fatima

Comment

Working...
      X