Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

I'm new here hi guys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new here hi guys

Hi guys, i'm new here, nice to meet you

Originally posted by Arnold416 View Post
    Well hey!! We've got hot and cold running theology here, y'all - strap on your armor and join the party!

Comment

Welcome.
      Mouser Larry Roy: "yippee ki yay"
      “... see the loonies in their cages… are they not witty… how much amusement they afford… ours is a human world, theirs is a bestial world… " Bedlam

Comment

Welcome to CARM, Arnold416. What subjects are you interested in?
        "The exact sciences also start from the assumption that in the end it will always be possible to understand nature, even in every new field of experience, but that we make no a priori assumptions about the meaning of the word "understand"."

Heisenberg

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge." ( Psalm 19:1-2 )

Comment

I see myself now to be new here also.
          But I was around prior to the big crash.

I call and think of myself as a diy Christian; if memory serves, even when I was in the history of CARM prior to the big crash.

I wonder if you guys here all new ones care to exchange thoughts with me.

Unlike the olden days, I seem to be now all the time trending on mined fields.

So, I am now looking for a very safe field anywhere in CARM where I can enjoy talking with fellow Christians, most in particular guys who also have the mindset of being diy Christians.

What is a diy Christian?

Ask me and I will tell you.
          language that is meaningless or is made unintelligible by excessive use of abstruse technical terms; nonsense: gibberish, claptrap, rubbish, balderdash, blather, garbage... Courtesy of google

Comment

Well, no one has replied to my post here, so far.

I guess they have all gone forth to enjoy posting in what they see to be enjoyable threads, or to start what they want to think are enjoyable to host as sponsors.

I will now also go forth into this vast CARM forum, and search for some place where I can also enjoy posting my ideas and getting reactions from fellow posters here, and hope that the enjoyment will be mutual.
            language that is meaningless or is made unintelligible by excessive use of abstruse technical terms; nonsense: gibberish, claptrap, rubbish, balderdash, blather, garbage... Courtesy of google

Comment

Originally posted by yrger View Post

I call and think of myself as a diy Christian; if memory serves, even when I was in the history of CARM prior to the big crash.

So, I am now looking for a very safe field anywhere in CARM where I can enjoy talking with fellow Christians, most in particular guys who also have the mindset of being diy Christians.

What is a diy Christian?

I hate to do it but okay, what is a DIY christian?

Comment

Originally posted by WDG View Post

I hate to do it but okay, what is a DIY christian?
                I know that God certainly exists, in concept as first and foremost the creator cause of everything with a beginning.

That is from philosophy.

Now, I have been always a Christian, but in latter years I decided to call myself a diy Christian,

And here is my idea of a diy Christian: He does not follow any preacher on anything at all, but by his own study and prayer, he decides what to 'believe' and how to act, as to be a follower of the founder of the Christian faith, Jesus Christ.

Comment

I know that God certainly exists, in concept as first and foremost the creator cause of everything with a beginning.

That is from philosophy.

Now, I have been always a Christian, but in latter years I decided to call myself a diy Christian,

And here is my idea of a diy Christian: He does not follow any preacher on anything at all, but by his own study and prayer, he decides what to 'believe' and how to act, as to be a follower of the founder of the Christian faith, Jesus Christ.
                  So what Church are you a member of?

Comment

Originally posted by WDG View Post

Originally posted by yrger 03-03-18, 09:04 PM View Post

That is from philosophy.

So what Church are you a member of?

Tell me what is your meaning of a/the Church: and please no obfuscation and obscurantism about it, unless you are an intellectually/morally bankrupt living thing i.e. human being of the species homo sapiens.

Comment

Hi yrger, Are you a part of a local church service where you worship God with others and are accountable to them? Kind Regards MTL

Comment

Originally posted by MTL View Post
                        Hi yrger, Are you a part of a local church service where you worship God with others and are accountable to them? Kind Regards MTL

I used to attend church worship with other people.

In later years I stopped totally because I realize that I don't need to be patient with leaders and members in a church, who are not as spiritual and faithful to the Gospel as anyone intelligent can know what the Gospel is all about.

That is what I see to be intelligent: Don't waste your precious time and trouble to mix with humans who appear to be attached to the Gospel, but are into all kinds and manners of material and carnal and worldly interests.

That is what I do now, I invite as the occasion presents itself, humans to join me in a diy Christian faith.

Next question, please?

Comment

Hey welcome and hope you enjoy your stay. God bless!
                          Blessed Is He Who Comes In the Name of the Lord!

Comment

What is a diy Christian?

I know what you mean about the mine fields, if your here over 5 min. you need your feet washed.
                            There will be no weeping, only laughter. And as He invites us to come forward, we’ll be prepared to rejoice in the thing we were all created to do—to know and to love God as He has first loved us.

Comment

[/INDENT]
                              Tell me what is your meaning of a/the Church: and please no obfuscation and obscurantism about it, unless you are an intellectually/morally bankrupt living thing i.e. human being of the species homo sapiens.
                              There is a rule about using big words... only one per sentence.
                              There will be no weeping, only laughter. And as He invites us to come forward, we’ll be prepared to rejoice in the thing we were all created to do—to know and to love God as He has first loved us.

Comment

Working...
                              X