Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Hello

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

hi there. I just joined this community in hopes of strengthening my relationship with Jesus Christ and God. I am still sort of new to Christianity because I started attending in and out of church after high school. Im still in college and am trying to grow as a person by finding strength and wisdom through our lord Jesus Christ. I can feel his presence with me, and hes sent many people in my direction to help me get closer to him. I hope this discussion forum can help me in different ways to learn more about Christianity. Thank you.

Originally posted by Jean985 View Post
    hi there. I just joined this community in hopes of strengthening my relationship with Jesus Christ and God. I am still sort of new to Christianity because I started attending in and out of church after high school. Im still in college and am trying to grow as a person by finding strength and wisdom through our lord Jesus Christ. I can feel his presence with me, and hes sent many people in my direction to help me get closer to him. I hope this discussion forum can help me in different ways to learn more about Christianity. Thank you.
    Yo Jean -

What you'll find here is an AMAZING MIXTURE of "truth", "Error", sometimes HORRENDOUS ERROR, "Angels of Light", Bible Mutilators, Works Salvationists, Baptismal Regenrationists, Roman Catholics, Arminians, Calvinists, and folks what would follow their Phony Denominational beliefs right into HELL without a question.

SO strap your armor on, and don't eat ANYTHING in here whole (including anything I might say), without checking it out THOROUGHLY against the Written Word!!!!

I've been here for around 20 years, and my skin is now 7" thick!!!!

SO welcome aboard, and remember to BE CAREFUL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jean985 View Post
      hi there. I just joined this community in hopes of strengthening my relationship with Jesus Christ and God. I am still sort of new to Christianity because I started attending in and out of church after high school. I’m still in college and am trying to grow as a person by finding strength and wisdom through our lord Jesus Christ. I can feel his presence with me, and he’s sent many people in my direction to help me get closer to him. I hope this discussion forum can help me in different ways to learn more about Christianity. Thank you.
      Well to the site! If I might encourage you in this one thing. You've said you feel God's presence with you and you know he's sent people to help you get closer to him. Just a suggestion if I were you I'd for a period of time lean more on the thoughts of those YOU KNOW God has sent you to help. You see those people you know were brought to you by God.....here you get a wise range of different ways people think about things. It's not to say the things people say here aren't potentially true but there are some subjects that can be a little bit overwhelming for a new person to sort all out.

I'm guessing as well your friends have been helping you become established in the basics of the faith, as in first things first which I think is a good thing. You might even want to consider showing the site to some you know God has sent and ask for their opinions. You may not always find you agree with them in time that they're always right but I'd lean more along what their advice might be for at least awhile. I think as well Bob Carabbio in his post above mine is giving you good sound advice and I'm guessing your friends would agree with it to. God Bless!

Comment

Praying for you and welcome to the forum. Feel free to post. As do not be shy. God bless you!
        Blessed Is He Who Comes In the Name of the Lord!

Comment

Working...
        X