Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

WHO is God.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God is one in essence, three in person:
    God the Father
    God the Son
    God the Holy Spirit
    Resolution One: I will live for God.
    Resolution Two: If no one else does, I still will.
    -Jonathan Edwards

Comment

Um...37% Unitarians? Have these people read Hurtado, and Bauckham, not to mention Bowman? Trinitarianism is the historic Christian belief
      Back to the drawing board, fundie atheists...

Comment

Controversy?

Controversy has always existed, and will continue until it doesn't.

The Jews have a saying; If you can heal one person you have healed the world. I would simply add, their world.

There's no vanity nor hubris in that, only healing.

Comment

God is God. Jesus is the son of God, Jesus sits on the right hand of God, they both have the Holy "separate" spirit. In heaven, God is representative of Deuteronomy i.e. the law, the Supreme judge of the world. Jesus is representative of Leviticus, i.e. the salt (preserver) of the life God has created i.e. savior, in welfare, healthcare, education. God has the holy spirit, but it would not be fair to be both savior and judge, so he created the son to execute righteousness (Holy Spirit) The miracles of God in Exodus, and the new testament through Jesus are the manifestation of the Holy spirit which jesus deliniated in Matthew 25:31-46 give meat to the hungry i.e. manna from heaven, quail in their hands in the old testament, and feeding 5000, in the new testament. Drink to the thirsty, Moses taps the rock, Jesus turns water to wine and is the water of life. Minister to the sick, God kept Isreal healthy 40 years, Jesus healed the blind, sick, maimed, insane. Minister to the imprisoned, God freed Isreal from bondage, Jesus opened the doors of the prison.

God is all three persana, and the Judge of the world in the white throne judgment, Jesus is the advocate, i.e. defense attorney, whom will testify on your behalf if you beleived in him (by doing what he said in Matthew 25:35) which proves you are of him/the father, proves you are Righteous (Matthew 25:37) and proves you have the Holy Spirit.

Righteousness= the Holy Spirit= love thy neighbor as thyself.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan53 View Post
            God the Father

God the Son

God the Holy Spirit

ALL of the above
            So, nop options available for anyone who doesn't believe the above to be true.
            "Attention Creationists: the fact that you do not understand or accept science does not make it false" — the_elf

Comment

Originally posted by the_elf View Post

So, nop options available for anyone who doesn't believe the above to be true.
              Sure there is - don't vote.

Problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by patience7 View Post
                It seems that quite a few have voted but not posted.
                What's to post - it'd be nothing but the S.O.S. that's been going on here for the last 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Awakelive View Post
                  God is God. Jesus is the son of God, Jesus sits on the right hand of God, they both have the Holy "separate" spirit. In heaven, God is representative of Deuteronomy i.e. the law, the Supreme judge of the world. Jesus is representative of Leviticus, i.e. the salt (preserver) of the life God has created i.e. savior, in welfare, healthcare, education. God has the holy spirit, but it would not be fair to be both savior and judge, so he created the son to execute righteousness (Holy Spirit) The miracles of God in Exodus, and the new testament through Jesus are the manifestation of the Holy spirit which jesus deliniated in Matthew 25:31-46 give meat to the hungry i.e. manna from heaven, quail in their hands in the old testament, and feeding 5000, in the new testament. Drink to the thirsty, Moses taps the rock, Jesus turns water to wine and is the water of life. Minister to the sick, God kept Isreal healthy 40 years, Jesus healed the blind, sick, maimed, insane. Minister to the imprisoned, God freed Isreal from bondage, Jesus opened the doors of the prison.

God is all three persana, and the Judge of the world in the white throne judgment, Jesus is the advocate, i.e. defense attorney, whom will testify on your behalf if you beleived in him (by doing what he said in Matthew 25:35) which proves you are of him/the father, proves you are Righteous (Matthew 25:37) and proves you have the Holy Spirit.

Righteousness= the Holy Spirit= love thy neighbor as thyself.
                  Good Answer! Here's mine:

God is my “Abba Father” that’s who He is, He is a good, good Father and I’m loved by Him. I love Him because He 1st loved me. That’s who He is.

When I look at the true nature of God as revealed in the Bible I’m amazed to find that He not only allows, but even encourages me, to call Him “Abba Father.” It is amazing that a holy and righteous God, who created and sustains all things, who is the only all-powerful, all-knowing, ever-present God, would allow sinful humans to call Him “Daddy.”

A book I like is: And He Dwelt Among Us by A.W Tozer. The last chapter is – The Importance of a Correct Concept of God. Tozer really brakes down the fire of God’s loves for us. That’s who he is, Love. He loves us so much He died for us.
                  All men see God in creation but suppress the evidence in sin. Good apologists for the Christian faith always remember that. As you prepare to defend the faith, study the truths of the faith and pray that minds will receive them. And Have Fun!

Comment

God the Father

God the Son

God the Holy Spirit

ALL of the above
                    The only God is Jesus Christ's God and there is no God besides his God.

God the Father did Himself declare that He is God and there is no one else. The Father Himself declared that He alone is God. Nobody listens to Him.

Comment

Well said Patience 7! Just read John 3:16:For God so loved the world, He sent His one and only Begotten Son, that whosoever will believe in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.
                      Blessed Is He Who Comes In the Name of the Lord!

Comment

God the Father

God the Son

God the Holy Spirit

ALL of the above
                        You gotta be kidding with this?
                        OF COURSE, it is all of the above

Tell you what...right now, I am very busy trying to teach my little dog Quantum Physics

As soon as I'm sure he has a handle on it, I'll come back here and explain for you the nature of God....

God Who was made flesh for me and nailed upon a lonely tree
                        What gift can I bring that would suffice to repay such great sacrifice?
                        All that I am I lay at Your throne. Make me, Lord, Your very Own.

Comment

Originally posted by The Barrd View Post

You gotta be kidding with this?
                          OF COURSE, it is all of the above

Tell you what...right now, I am very busy trying to teach my little dog Quantum Physics

As soon as I'm sure he has a handle on it, I'll come back here and explain for you the nature of God....

Reminds me of the scene in "Jude the Obscure" (PBS) which has a doomed man begging for his life before the king - and in desperation, he says: If your majesty will give me a little time, I will teach your majesty's favorite Horse to speak to you. The King grands him a year, and tells him to start. His friend says: "WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!!!??" you cant teach a horse to speak!!!

The fellow says: - who knows what a year may bring?? I may die, The King may die, OR the horse may talk.

It could take a LONG time for the dog to grasp the concept.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

Reminds me of the scene in "Jude the Obscure" (PBS) which has a doomed man begging for his life before the king - and in desperation, he says: If your majesty will give me a little time, I will teach your majesty's favorite Horse to speak to you. The King grands him a year, and tells him to start. His friend says: "WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!!!??" you cant teach a horse to speak!!!

The fellow says: - who knows what a year may bring?? I may die, The King may die, OR the horse may talk.

It could take a LONG time for the dog to grasp the concept.
                            It could take twice as long as that for me to explain the nature of God....

Comment

Originally posted by The Barrd View Post

It could take twice as long as that for me to explain the nature of God....
                              I'm 76, so probably don't have enough time left - I think I'll wait and let HIM tell me about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

I'm 76, so probably don't have enough time left - I think I'll wait and let HIM tell me about it.
                                That is probably the best plan...

I did not realize that you were that much older than me,
                                I am about to celebrate my 68th birthday next Sunday. Be sure to send me a hug, my old friend....

Comment

Working...
                                X