Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

Edited to add more information for posters:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Is Mohamad mentioned in the bible

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asry View Post
    Abraham never mentioned Jesus, during his lifetime. This is clearly one of the false verses as well.

"before Abraham was, I AM is a fabricated verse"

Exodus 3.13-14 "Then Moses said to God, “Behold, I am going to the sons of Israel, and I will say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you.’ Now they may say to me, ‘What is His name?’ What shall I say to them?”

God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM”; and He said, “Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

Moses begged his Lord's name, but God did not mention his name, He just said, “I AM WHO I AM”; which means God has no name. Christians think "I AM" is Jesus.

This passage John 1:1-2: also is a fabricated verse. It is believed that John had imitated from a Jewish Philosopher Philo of Alexandria who joined these two themes when he described the Logos as God's creator of and mediator with the material world. The evangelist adapted Philo's description of the Logos, applying it to Jesus, the incarnation of the Logos.

You did not have enough time to evaluate all that I pointed out to you. This proves to me that you are not interested in having a real exchange.

You are blind and lost and I have helped you all I can. No one can help someone who refuses to be helped.

They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God. John 16:2

Comment

The priest: 'After the coming of the messenger of God shall other prophets come?'

Jesus: 'There shall not come after him true prophets sent by God but there shall come a great number of false prophets, whereat I sorrow. For Satan shall raise them up by the just judgement of God, and they shall hide themselves under the pretext of my gospel.'

Who else if not Paul, Luke, Matthew, Mark and John are like false prophets? Only the TRUE Prophet has the Holy Scriptures.
      A 7th century used camel salesman turned self proclaimed prophet turned self proclaimed liar sure fits the bill!
      Joh 8:36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. [NIV]

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post

You did not have enough time to evaluate all that I pointed out to you. This proves to me that you are not interested in having a real exchange.

You are blind and lost and I have helped you all I can. No one can help someone who refuses to be helped.
        I do not need your help, Allah is All-Knowing, while you know not. I seek knowledge from Him not from men.

It is better for you to get help from the Holy Spirit. You believe the Spirit of Truth is within you, why he does not prove that God exists, and you can die then resurrected like Jesus.

Allah said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM”.

"It does not befit Allah to take for Himself a son. Glory be to Him! When He decrees a thing He only says: "Be" and it is." (Quran 19:35)

In the Qur'an, Allah has 99 names, but Muslims never call Him a 'Father', Muslims avoid calling Him with any of those names used by 'polytheists' , like Trinity.

Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path). And say: "Truth has (now) arrived, and Falsehood perished: for Falsehood is (by its nature) bound to perish."(person), both will fall into a pit."

Comment

Not a single verse of the Quran in GOB, all of these verses pertaining to the N.T, Obviously the author is a Christian.
          Which is correct?

Quran - And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a palm tree. She said, "Oh, I wish I had died before this and was in oblivion, forgotten."
          or
          Gospel of Barnabas - The virgin was surrounded by a light exceeding bright, and brought forth her son without pain, whom she took in her arms, and wrapping him in swaddling-clothes, laid him in the manger, because there was no room in the inn.

Quran - The seven heavens and the earth and all that is therein praise Him, and there is not a thing but hymneth His praise; but ye understand not their praise. Lo! He is ever Clement, Forgiving.
          or
          Gospel of Barnabas - Verily I say unto thee that the heavens are nine, among which are set the planets, that are distant one from another five hundred years' journey for a man: and the earth in like manner is distant from the first heaven five hundred years' journey.

Quran - (And remember) when the angels said: O Mary! Lo! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a word from him, whose name is the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, illustrious in the world and the Hereafter, and one of those brought near (unto Allah).
          or
          Gospel of Barnabas - Jesus confessed, and said the truth: 'I am not the Messiah.'
          2 Timothy 3
          16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Comment

Sin is not the same as shirk. Sin can be forgiven except shirk, Allah will never forgive anyone who associates Him, like the Trinity.
            Of course there is little forgiveness in Islam, unless of course if you fight and kill in the name of allah. The unforgivable sin in Christianity is blasphemy against the Spirit.
            2 Timothy 3
            16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Comment

Originally posted by pvb View Post

Of course there is little forgiveness in Islam, unless of course if you fight and kill in the name of allah.
              Muslims fight in the cause of Allah. The Christian fighting kills each other because of the Bible interpretation, God is Love but Christians killing millions of infidels in Latin America, Philippines and Africa and forcing them to embrace Christian / Catholicism. Do not forget history of Inquisitions.

The unforgivable sin in Christianity is blasphemy against the Spirit.
              Have you ever seen the Spirit? If no, then Satan whispered in your ear.

Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path). And say: "Truth has (now) arrived, and Falsehood perished: for Falsehood is (by its nature) bound to perish."(person), both will fall into a pit."

Comment

Which is correct?

Quran - And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a palm tree. She said, "Oh, I wish I had died before this and was in oblivion, forgotten."
                or
                Gospel of Barnabas - The virgin was surrounded by a light exceeding bright, and brought forth her son without pain, whom she took in her arms, and wrapping him in swaddling-clothes, laid him in the manger, because there was no room in the inn.

Quran - The seven heavens and the earth and all that is therein praise Him, and there is not a thing but hymneth His praise; but ye understand not their praise. Lo! He is ever Clement, Forgiving.
                or
                Gospel of Barnabas - Verily I say unto thee that the heavens are nine, among which are set the planets, that are distant one from another five hundred years' journey for a man: and the earth in like manner is distant from the first heaven five hundred years' journey.

Quran - (And remember) when the angels said: O Mary! Lo! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a word from him, whose name is the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, illustrious in the world and the Hereafter, and one of those brought near (unto Allah).
                or
                Gospel of Barnabas - Jesus confessed, and said the truth: 'I am not the Messiah.'
                Thank you, you have admitted that the verses in the GOB are based on the N.T and O.T, not the Quran.

Comment

I am not here to make anyone to convert to Islam. On the other hand, do you realize that there is a member here who try to convinces and persuading me to accept Jesus as a savior without being able to prove the truth of Christianity, especially the Trinity.
                  There are probably a lot of people here trying to convince you about the claims of Jesus. They do this because they want you to share in the good things that he gives to those who receive him. We are not talking about religious bondage or similar. Often this part is misunderstood because the religions of the world all require us to do something in order to become better people. The Christian message is about grace, love, forgiveness and redemption. I respect Muslims, but they don't offer what Jesus gives freely. My faith in Jesus is based upon evidence and the experience of time. The reality of the unseen becomes more tangible when we humble ourselves before the one who is known as the Christ.

Are you a Muslim by conversion or are you a Muslim because of the community you were born into? History shows that the worldwide spread of Islam came about through political and military means. Some people believe that Christianity is much the same, but that is not the way of the Bible or the teachings of Jesus.
                  In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe (Hebrews 1:1-2).

Comment

Thank you, you have admitted that the verses in the GOB are based on the N.T and O.T, not the Quran.
                    The Gospel of Barnabas is not part of the New Testament. It is a part of what we call apocryphal literature. Such books do not fit in with the rest of the Bible, and have been omitted because they do not meet the critical standards of accuracy and authenticity.
                    In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe (Hebrews 1:1-2).

Comment

Originally posted by MarkSC View Post

There are probably a lot of people here trying to convince you about the claims of Jesus. They do this because they want you to share in the good things that he gives to those who receive him. We are not talking about religious bondage or similar. Often this part is misunderstood because the religions of the world all require us to do something in order to become better people. The Christian message is about grace, love, forgiveness and redemption. I respect Muslims, but they don't offer what Jesus gives freely.
                      What Jesus taught was encompassed in Islam. The Qur’an teaches that Jesus Christ is only a prophet and not the Son of the living God, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”(Matthew 16:16), for Allah had no son. “He begetteth not, nor is He begotten; (Quran 112.3)”. Jesus, son of Mary was not crucified and was not resurrected. “They killed him not, they crucified him not, but it was likened unto them” (Qur’an 4:156).

Since Jesus was still in the cradle, he said, "Indeed, I am the servant of Allah. He has given me the Scripture and made me a prophet." (19.30). He did not claim that he was born as son of God.

My faith in Jesus is based upon evidence and the experience of time. The reality of the unseen becomes more tangible when we humble ourselves before the one who is known as the Christ.
                      What kind of "reality of the unseen" are you experiencing. Would you like to explain?

Are you a Muslim by conversion or are you a Muslim because of the community you were born into?
                      I am from an Islamic family who does not follow the strict rules of Islamic teachings. Some of the family members are Sunni and Sufi, and I filled the gaps between the two.

History shows that the worldwide spread of Islam came about through political and military means. Some people believe that Christianity is much the same, but that is not the way of the Bible or the teachings of Jesus.
                      Based on the history of my ancestors, they embraced Islam without bloodshed. My ancestors are paganism, animism, hindusim, almost resembling pagan gods Zeus, Jupiter, Odin, and so on. But there is no human sacrifice (death) for the Highest Deitys like the pagans of Europe, Africa and other places, before the advent of Islam.

They welcome Islam in themselves sincerely, not being forced to embrace it.

Comment

Is Mohamad mentioned in the Bible ? No.

Comment

[/quote]

Comment

Deuteronomy 18
                            15The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own brothers. You must listen to him.
                            Deuteronomy 18:

“The Levitical priests, the whole tribe of Levi, will have no portion or inheritance with Israel.

15 “The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own brothers. You must listen to him.

It is clear that the prophet like Moses would come from the remaining tribes of Israel, excluding the tribe of Levi.

They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God. John 16:2

Comment

Since you have praised the Gospel of Barnabas, state it is the true story you agree the Quran is wrong!
                              2 Timothy 3

Comment

Since you have praised the Gospel of Barnabas, state it is the true story you agree the Quran is wrong!
                                "Let the people of the Injeel (Gospel) judge by what Allah has revealed therein." (5.47). So, you want the Quran to evaluate the verses in the GOB. Of course you are a follower of Paul's New Testament, not a Injeel. That's why you are asking Muslims for the validity of the verse in GOB.

"But why do they come to thee for decision, when they have (their own) law before them?- therein is the (plain) command of Allah; yet even after that, they would turn away. For they are not (really) People of Faith." (5.43)

It's better that you judge yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X