Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Kindness and Compassion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Debp View Post
    George, something wrong with my pm function....have asked for help from an admin/mod. I don't have any messages stored but it says I do and won't send the pm to you.
    if the admin can't fix my pm, I wonder if I can tell you the forum here? I don't want to get in trouble but would be nice for you to help with the Muslim, and also meet the new believer in Saudi Arabia.
    Which board is the conversation? Apologetics? Soapbox? General Discussion? or what?

Why don't you invite them here?

They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God. John 16:2

Comment

hi George, cleaned the trash file. Will try sending the pm now to you. Oh, the Muslim guy has a big long topic on debating the Bible in the forum's Apologetics section under defense of Gospel area. Will pm you the site.
      It's important to have the right convictions, but deep convictions without divine fellowship turns us into mere zealots. If we hold the truths of the Gospel without spending time with the Giver of the Gospel, we'll lose the internal sweetness of our faith.
      Dr. David Jeremiah

Comment

hi George, cleaned the trash file. Will try sending the pm now to you. Oh, the Muslim guy has a big long topic on debating the Bible in the forum's Apologetics section under defense of Gospel area. Will pm you the site.
        You could just post the link here so we can all access it.
        Joh 8:36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. [NIV]

Comment

Originally posted by Trucker View Post

You could just post the link here so we can all access it.
          No direct links to discussion boards allowed.

See CARM Rule #29.

They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God. John 16:2

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post

See CARM Rule #29.
            Oh! I didn't realize the link was to a discussion board. My apologies.

But I also receive PMs.

Comment

See CARM Rule #29.
              Got it ... thanks George!

Comment

But I also receive PMs.
                Did you get the one I sent you this morning?

Comment

Did you get the one I sent you this morning?
                  Sure did ... thanks again ...

Looks like an interesting site!.

Comment

Sure did ... thanks again ...

Looks like an interesting site!.
                    I haven't noticed many Muslims there though.

Comment

I haven't noticed many Muslims there though.
                      Yeah .... I noted the same thing. Also, the ones I check on didn't seem nearly as belligerent as most of the ones than come here.

Comment

Yeah .... I noted the same thing. Also, the ones I check on didn't seem nearly as belligerent as most of the ones than come here.
                        Still we need to help them.

Comment

But I also receive PMs.
                          Hi Trucker, I was going to ask George about you.....now here you are!

The other board apparently has had some other Muslims that I didn't know about. Another member told me about them. Currently there is one active Muslim there.

The former Muslim, now a Christian, has been a believer for two years now. He is very happy and blessed to know the Lord Jesus. But, of course, he must remain secret in his country. He says everyone, especially foreigners, are watched closely.

Also, about four months back, a young lady former Muslim came to the board seeking help. She said her family was very controlling and mean to her (they knew she became a Christian) and they would watch her closely and even search her computer, etc. I pm-ed her as she was desperate to escape her country but never heard back....never saw her at the board again. The Lord help her.
                          It's important to have the right convictions, but deep convictions without divine fellowship turns us into mere zealots. If we hold the truths of the Gospel without spending time with the Giver of the Gospel, we'll lose the internal sweetness of our faith.
                          Dr. David Jeremiah

Comment

Hi Trucker, I was going to ask George about you.....now here you are!
                            Yup .. this is me!

The other board apparently has had some other Muslims that I didn't know about. Another member told me about them. Currently there is one active Muslim there.
                            I'm having a lot of trouble trying to navigate that other board.

We've had some [and still have] Muslims from various parts of the world post here. Most of them are not interested in discussing. They're only interested in telling us what [they think] our Scriptures teach and what [they think] we believe.

The former Muslim, now a Christian, has been a believer for two years now. He is very happy and blessed to know the Lord Jesus. But, of course, he must remain secret in his country. He says everyone, especially foreigners, are watched closely.
                            It's really hard for us who live in [at least relative] freedom to comprehend the hardships some of our Christian brothers and sisters are enduring. But we also need to be aware that its also here and now ... although not as open, not yet as wide spread, and not yet as talked about.

Also, about four months back, a young lady former Muslim came to the board seeking help. She said her family was very controlling and mean to her (they knew she became a Christian) and they would watch her closely and even search her computer, etc. I pm-ed her as she was desperate to escape her country but never heard back....never saw her at the board again. The Lord help her.
                            A young lady in a Columbus, Ohio suburb had an experience somewhat similar. A couple sisters in Texas were shot to death, evidently by their father, over being too Westernized. I could cite you manyadditional instances of sharia being applied today right here in America. If you'd like more details I'll be happy to provide sources.

Comment

Yup .. this is me!

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to navigate that other board.

We've had some [and still have] Muslims from various parts of the world post here. Most of them are not interested in discussing. They're only interested in telling us what [they think] our Scriptures teach and what [they think] we believe.

Yes, that's how it usually goes. Also, I was discussing with the Muslim at the other board and he continually thinks Christians have a free ticket to sin....no matter how much I explained things to him. He keeps saying that over and over....for so many days! I guess only a miracle will help him to understand....

It's really hard for us who live in [at least relative] freedom to comprehend the hardships some of our Christian brothers and sisters are enduring. But we also need to be aware that its also here and now ... although not as open, not yet as wide spread, and not yet as talked about.

Yes, my heart goes out to the secret believers. The new believer says his family is nice but they would disown him if they find out he became a Christian.

A young lady in a Columbus, Ohio suburb had an experience somewhat similar. A couple sisters in Texas were shot to death, evidently by their father, over being too Westernized. I could cite you manyadditional instances of sharia being applied today right here in America. If you'd like more details I'll be happy to provide sources.
                              That's ok, but thanks anyhow.

Dr. David Jeremiah

Comment

Thank you for sharing this story.

It makes me wonder why some Muslims do not expect Christians to be loving and compassionate.
                                When I was in the United States and the EU, I did not see white Christians are loving, compassionate and caring believers. They are racist and discriminatory in comparison with Muslims in Islamic countries.

And, yes, if Muslims convert to another religion they are supposed to be killed.
                                Let us look at Deuteronomy 13: 6-9 "If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying: Let us go and worship other gods You and your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to another, or gods of other religions), do not yield to him or listen to him. Do not spare him or shield him, You must surely put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people. "

Show me the verse in the Quran that apostates or Muslims who leave Islam must be killed

Another thing Muslims respond positively to is being shown that God loves them.
                                Muslims believe in Allah alone, not a human-like God the Father.
                                Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path). And say: "Truth has (now) arrived, and Falsehood perished: for Falsehood is (by its nature) bound to perish."(person), both will fall into a pit."

Comment

Working...
                                X