Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Ask me anything about Islam and I'll try to answer it as well as I can.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trucker View Post
    No one can show someone anything when that someone has made up their mind they will not be shown.

You have repeatedly been shown where Jesus, in plain, easy to understand words predicted His crucifixion, and many additional circumstances surrounding his arrest, trial, condemnation, burial, and resurrections. You deny it. Jesus never forced anyone to follow Him, sir. You are free to choose with no coercion ...NONE. You are also then responsible before God [THE GOD AS REVEALED IN AND BY THE SCRIPTURES] for your choice.
    You are absolutely right, Trucker – no one can show someone anything when that someone has made up their mind they will not be shown. In fact, God will harden your heart to what you persistently believe in accordance to what your mind has already made up.

Then again, what made up your mind is the question, isn’t it ?? Is your mind made up on Christianity based on the words of God Almighty and His prophet, Jesus OR is your mind made up on Christianity based on perceptions of other people who can deceive even the elects??

I can only hope that you will see the truth by highlighting to you what God Almighty and Jesus said in your own Scripture as compared to what other people said which Christians seem to be adopting :

God Almighty said “You shall have no other gods before Me”. He also said “Do NOT worship any other god”.

Christians today said “No, Jesus Christ is also God and so, worshipping Jesus means we are worshipping God Almighty.

God Almighty’s prophets, Moses and Jesus Christ said “The LORD, your God, is ONE”.

Christians today said “No, the LORD, our God is three persons but these three persons are one”.

Jesus told Satan “For it is written, “'You shall worship the Lord your God and Him only shall you serve.'”

Christians today said “No, Jesus told us to worship and serve only him”.

God Almighty said “I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from Me there is no savior”.

Christians today said, “No, Jesus Christ is the only savior as just by believing that he died for all man sin means we are saved”.

God Almighty said “Before Me no god was formed, nor will there be one after Me”.

Christians today said “No, Jesus is God who came later as the Word”.

Jesus said “I, by myself, can do nothing”.

Christians today said “No, Jesus can walk on water, heal people, etc, and can do anything as he’s God”.

Jesus said “Only the one who does the Will of my Father who is in the heaven will enter the kingdom of heaven”.

Christians today said “No, only those who accept that Jesus died for all man sin will enter the kingdom of heaven/eternal life”.

And the list goes on…

Yes, Jesus asked his followers to preach his Gospel, BUT, Jesus’ Gospel is about the Kingdom of God, about repentance for the forgiveness of sin, NOT mainly about himself. The gospel Christians today preach is mainly about the divinity of Jesus Christ and him as the only savior of man which is totally contradicting to the Gospel of Jesus.

So, really, ask yourself - Is your mind made up on Christianity based on the words of God Almighty and His prophet, Jesus OR is your mind made up on Christianity based on perceptions of other people who can deceive even the elects??

Comment

• Originally posted by JerryMyers View Post

Well, let’s be honest here - the reason you cannot respond is because in your scripture, God Almighty NEVER said or, if you like, inferred that ‘this person of the godhead was pure spirit prior to the incarnation in a baby’ !

And Phil 2 passage is NOT the words of Jesus or the Words of God Almighty. So, every time you try to justify your belief, you only proved me right all the times and that is, Christianity is built on the words of other people.
      Are you saying Muhammad the false prophet who penned the Koran is God?

Comment

Originally posted by Trucker View Post
        No one can show someone anything when that someone has made up their mind they will not be shown.

You have repeatedly been shown where Jesus, in plain, easy to understand words predicted His crucifixion, and many additional circumstances surrounding his arrest, trial, condemnation, burial, and resurrections. You deny it. Jesus never forced anyone to follow Him, sir. You are free to choose with no coercion ...NONE. You are also then responsible before God [THE GOD AS REVEALED IN AND BY THE SCRIPTURES] for your choice.
        You are absolutely right, Trucker no one can show someone anything when that someone has made up their mind they will not be shown.
        If you you would have just stopped there you'd have been on the right track. Now let's see if you can get this right:
        Mat 20:17 While going up to Jerusalem, Jesus took the 12 disciples aside privately and said to them on the way:

Mat 20:18 "Listen! We are going up to Jerusalem. The Son of Man will be handed over to the chief priests and scribes, and they will condemn Him to death.

Mat 20:19 Then they will hand Him over to the Gentiles to be mocked flogged, and crucified, and He will be resurrected on the third day."

Mar 10:32 They were on the road, going up to Jerusalem, and Jesus was walking ahead of them. They were astonished, but those who followed Him were afraid. Taking the Twelve aside again, He began to tell them the things that would happen to Him.

Mar 10:33 "Listen! We are going up to Jerusalem. The Son of Man will be handed over to the chief priests and the scribes, and they will condemn Him to death. Then they will hand Him over to the Gentiles,

Mar 10:34 and they will mock Him, spit on Him, flog Him, and kill Him, and He will rise after three days."

Luk 18:31 Then He took the Twelve aside and told them, "Listen! We are going up to Jerusalem. Everything that is written through the prophets about the Son of Man will be accomplished.

Luk 18:32 For He will be handed over to the Gentiles, and He will be mocked, insulted, spit on;

Luk 18:33 and after they flog Him, they will kill Him, and He will rise on the third day."

Luk 18:34 They understood none of these things. This saying was hidden from them, and they did not grasp what was said. [HCSB
        ]
        Tell us, sir ... Did Jesus predict His crucifixion and some of the events that would also take place in Jerusalem? Or not.

Try real hard .... you can get it if you really try. Lemme give you a hint .... Jesus said exactly what He meant.
        Joh 8:36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. [NIV]

Comment

• Originally posted by CrowCross View Post

Are you saying Muhammad the false prophet who penned the Koran is God?
          No, I saidWell, let’s be honest here - the reason you cannot respond is because in your scripture, God Almighty NEVER said or, if you like, inferred that ‘this person of the godhead was pure spirit prior to the incarnation in a baby’ !

And Phil 2 passage is NOT the words of Jesus or the Words of God Almighty. So, every time you try to justify your belief, you only proved me right all the times and that is, Christianity is built on the words of other people.”

EDIT PER MOD
          Last edited by 4Him; 01-11-19, 10:21 AM.

Comment

If you you would have just stopped there you'd have been on the right track. Now let's see if you can get this right:
            Mat 20:17 While going up to Jerusalem, Jesus took the 12 disciples aside privately and said to them on the way:

Mat 20:18 "Listen! We are going up to Jerusalem. The Son of Man will be handed over to the chief priests and scribes, and they will condemn Him to death.

Mat 20:19 Then they will hand Him over to the Gentiles to be mocked flogged, and crucified, and He will be resurrected on the third day."

Mar 10:32 They were on the road, going up to Jerusalem, and Jesus was walking ahead of them. They were astonished, but those who followed Him were afraid. Taking the Twelve aside again, He began to tell them the things that would happen to Him.

Mar 10:33 "Listen! We are going up to Jerusalem. The Son of Man will be handed over to the chief priests and the scribes, and they will condemn Him to death. Then they will hand Him over to the Gentiles,

Mar 10:34 and they will mock Him, spit on Him, flog Him, and kill Him, and He will rise after three days."

Luk 18:31 Then He took the Twelve aside and told them, "Listen! We are going up to Jerusalem. Everything that is written through the prophets about the Son of Man will be accomplished.

Luk 18:32 For He will be handed over to the Gentiles, and He will be mocked, insulted, spit on;

Luk 18:33 and after they flog Him, they will kill Him, and He will rise on the third day."

Luk 18:34 They understood none of these things. This saying was hidden from them, and they did not grasp what was said. [HCSB]
            Tell us, sir ... Did Jesus predict His crucifixion and some of the events that would also take place in Jerusalem? Or not.

I have told you many times taht Jesus was relating his expectation of being killed at the hands of the Jews. Anyone in his position would expect the same thing. An expectation would be a strong belief of something to happen based on the events of the time. For example, we expect the ice in the Arctic to melt at a faster rate if global warming is not addressed soon – that’s NOT a prediction because we are facing global warming. Likewise, Jesus expected to be killed because he knew he was facing hostile Jews who were determined to get rid of him.

Try real hard .... you can get it if you really try. Lemme give you a hint .... Jesus said exactly what He meant.

I AM trying real hard to understand why you cannot see the difference between an expectation and a prediction.

I know people can easily get confused as both deal with the future, so, maybe, you can know the difference if you really try. Lemme give you a hint …. Jesus seldom said exactly what he meant.
            When Jesus said he can destroy the temple and raise it up again in 3 days, do you think that’s exactly what he meant ?? Tell us, please.

Comment

01-11-19, 08:29 AM

Luk 18:34 They understood none of these things. This saying was hidden from them, and they did not grasp what was said. [HCSB]
              I have told you many times taht Jesus was relating his expectation of being killed at the hands of the Jews.
              I know what you have told me, sir. Did Jesus predict His crucifixion? His death? His arrest? His trial? His being mocked? His scourging? His resurrection?

Anyone with the comprehension of an average 8th grader can understand the Scripture I quoted. Can you? So far you get straight F's!! What you are doing is Orwellian ... black is white! Up is down, left is right. And so on and on. A fantasy world when words no longer have definable meanings. But some of us here live in a real world.

Wanna try again?

Comment

No, I saidWell, let’s be honest here - the reason you cannot respond is because in your scripture, God Almighty NEVER said or, if you like, inferred that ‘this person of the godhead was pure spirit prior to the incarnation in a baby’ !

And Phil 2 passage is NOT the words of Jesus or the Words of God Almighty. So, every time you try to justify your belief, you only proved me right all the times and that is, Christianity is built on the words of other people.”

Surely anyone reading that can see that there’s NOTHING about Muhammad or even about the fake ‘Jesus’ who appeared to Paul and inspired him to lead Christians away from God Almighty !!
                I have told you several times...the Bible are words inspired by God. Do you know wha that means?

Muhammad was NOT inspired by God. Muhammad.is nothing more than a Joe Smith....A prophet wanna-be. Like Joe Smith, your Muhammad is currently feeling the heat of hell. Why would you want to follow his lies?

Comment

I know what you have told me, sir. Did Jesus predict His crucifixion? His death? His arrest? His trial? His being mocked? His scourging? His resurrection?

Anyone with the comprehension of an average 8th grader can understand the Scripture I quoted. Can you? So far you get straight F's!! What you are doing is Orwellian ... black is white! Up is down, left is right. And so on and on. A fantasy world when words no longer have definable meanings. But some of us here live in a real world.

Wanna try again?
                  How could you know what I said when you cannot even tell the difference between an expectation and a prediction ? Anyone with the comprehension of an average 8th grader can understand the difference, but, you can’t ???!

To live in the real world, you need to know the difference between an expectation and a prediction, you need to know when one is speaking figuratively and not literally.

As I said, Jesus seldom said exactly what he meant. When Jesus said he can destroy the temple and raise it up again in 3 days, do you think that’s exactly what he meant ??

Wanna try again ?

Comment

I have told you several times...the Bible are words inspired by God. Do you know wha that means?

Muhammad was NOT inspired by God. Muhammad.is nothing more than a Joe Smith....A prophet wanna-be. Like Joe Smith, your Muhammad is currently feeling the heat of hell. Why would you want to follow his lies?
                    Did Muhammad ask anyone to worship him or anyone else as God ?? NO !

Did God Almighty ask anyone to worship and serve Jesus or any other man as God ?? NO !

Did Jesus ask anyone or even Satan to worship him as God ? NO !

So, who ask you to worship Jesus as God ?? Why would you want to follow other people’s lies ?

Comment

• [QUOTE=JerryMyers;n5767075]

Wanna try again?[
                      /QUOTE]

How could you know what I said when you cannot even tell the difference between an expectation and a prediction?
                      A mere cursory reading of the passages irrefragably reveals the one who is playing games.

To expect is to merely hope or have faith that something will happen. It so happens I "expect" a package to arrive today. I'm pretty confident it will arrive today. But a lot of things can happen between where it was this morning and where I am that would prevent it arriving today ... so I would be foolish to predict it will arrive today.

A prediction is specific Jesus predictions [plural] were far too specific to be merely a hope. You know it and we know it. There are even predictions that are deliberately worded in such a way as to not be flagrantly obvious ... but Jesus' predictions of His future crucifixion and several ancillary happenings were just plain way tooooooooooo obvious to be missed by any sober, objective, and honest individual. .

I expect you will foolishly continue to deny .... but that is not a prediction simply because I can't be sure that you will continue to deny. You could choose to admit your error but the odds are against you doing so at this time. Jesus was absolutely sure of the future events in Jerusalem .... His mission would not have been compete without them taking place.I expect the Orwellian pretzelising to continue on your part ... but that's not a prediction ..... miracles do yet happen.

But if you think you're doing the Islamic cause any favors, do continue.

Comment

Did Muhammad ask anyone to worship him or anyone else as God ?? NO !

Did God Almighty ask anyone to worship and serve Jesus or any other man as God ?? NO !

Did Jesus ask anyone or even Satan to worship him as God ? NO !

So, who ask you to worship Jesus as God ?? Why would you want to follow other people’s lies ?
                        How do you know what "God Almighty" wants?

YOU DO KNOW JESUS WAS WORSHIPPED...and still is worshipped.

Your Muhammed wants you to worship Satan....the anti-Christ.

Comment

A mere cursory reading of the passages irrefragably reveals the one who is playing games.
                          Maybe that’s where your problem is – you should NOT be doing just a mere cursory reading of the passages, you should first understand how Jesus communicates with the people and that is, his words, more often than not, go beyond just what he plainly stated. Those who just read or just listen (like the Jews of his time did) to his plainly stated words are often deceived into believing they understand him WHEN ACTUALLY, they do NOT.

To expect is to merely hope or have faith that something will happen. It so happens I "expect" a package to arrive today. I'm pretty confident it will arrive today. But a lot of things can happen between where it was this morning and where I am that would prevent it arriving today ... so I would be foolish to predict it will arrive today.

A prediction is specific Jesus predictions [plural] were far too specific to be merely a hope. You know it and we know it. There are even predictions that are deliberately worded in such a way as to not be flagrantly obvious ... but Jesus' predictions of His future crucifixion and several ancillary happenings were just plain way tooooooooooo obvious to be missed by any sober, objective, and honest individual. .
                          Your explanation of an expectation and a prediction above confirmed that you cannot tell the difference between an expectation and a prediction.

An expectation is NOT just ‘merely hope or have faith that something will happen’. An expectation is based on the unfolding events of the time or in other words, something must trigger an expectation. You cannot just ‘expect’ a parcel out of nowhere to arrive today unless, you have made an online purchase a few days earlier and expect it to arrive today or someone have told you he had sent you a parcel which you can expect to arrive today.

A prediction is actually a forecast based after evaluating all the odds and the possibilities of it happening or not happening – the weather forecast is a good example of a prediction. Thus, a prediction is in fact, a more detailed version of an expectation. A prediction is based on a calculated evaluation while an expectation is based on a hunch, a feeling, but, more importantly, both are made on the basis of the unfolding events of the time.

What the early church, gospelists, scholars, historians and the Christians today want people to believe is Jesus was making a prophecy of himself who must be killed and a prophecy is prophetic words that must be fulfilled without exceptions. However, we know that this cannot be the case as if Jesus was making a prophecy of himself who must be killed, then Jesus would NOT have prayed to God to save him from his predicaments nor would he have asked the Jews as to why they wanted to kill him when he was just doing the works of God.

The fact that Jesus prayed to God and questioned the Jews of their motive to kill him, tell us Jesus was NOT willing to die, let alone, to die for all mankind sins. If Jesus was not willing to die, then, Jesus was expecting to be killed based on the unfolding events around him at that time – pure common sense which Christians failed to see because of the preconceived mindset preached over the centuries that Jesus died for all mankind sin – if you tell lies over and over again for a long period of time, there will be a time when those lies will be accepted as truth and that’s Christianity today – a mixture of truth and lies.

I expect you will foolishly continue to deny .... but that is not a prediction simply because I can't be sure that you will continue to deny. You could choose to admit your error but the odds are against you doing so at this time. Jesus was absolutely sure of the future events in Jerusalem .... His mission would not have been compete without them taking place.I expect the Orwellian pretzelising to continue on your part ... but that's not a prediction ..... miracles do yet happen.
                          But if you think you're doing the Islamic cause any favors, do continue.
                          Of course, that would be your foolish expectation as you know I would always refute what is false and always stand for the truth. For example, Jesus mission is to preach the Words of God and help his people to understand God is the truth. That he came to die for all mankind is false - which you can prove me wrong by showing me where Jesus said he came to die for all mankind sin. If you cannot show me that, then, we know who is speaking the truth here.

But if you think you're doing the Christianity cause any favors, do continue.

Comment

How do you know what "God Almighty" wants?
                            I was NOT making a statement, I was asking – “Did God Almighty ask anyone to worship and serve Jesus or any other man as God ??”.

Well, did God ask anyone to worship and serve Jesus as God ??

Originally posted by CrowCross View Post
                            YOU DO KNOW JESUS WAS WORSHIPPED...and still is worshipped.
                            More importantly - was Jesus, in his time, worshiped as God or worshiped as a mark of profound respect ??

We do know, from your own Bible, that none of his disciples ever see Jesus as God even when he appeared to them after the so-called ‘resurrection’.

Originally posted by CrowCross View Post
                            Your Muhammed wants you to worship Satan....the anti-Christ.
                            NO. As I said, Muhammad NEVER asked anyone to worship him, any other man or Satan as God.

So, who asked you to worship Jesus as God as by doing so, you are, knowingly or unknowingly, following the will of Satan who wants mankind to worship anyone or anything OTHER THAN the ONE and ONLY God Almighty. You can deny BUT that’s the truth.

Comment

I was NOT making a statement, I was asking – “Did God Almighty ask anyone to worship and serve Jesus or any other man as God ??”.

Well, did God ask anyone to worship and serve Jesus as God ??

More importantly - was Jesus, in his time, worshiped as God or worshiped as a mark of profound respect ??

We do know, from your own Bible, that none of his disciples ever see Jesus as God even when he appeared to them after the so-called ‘resurrection’.

NO. As I said, Muhammad NEVER asked anyone to worship him, any other man or Satan as God.

So, who asked you to worship Jesus as God as by doing so, you are, knowingly or unknowingly, following the will of Satan who wants mankind to worship anyone or anything OTHER THAN the ONE and ONLY God Almighty. You can deny BUT that’s the truth.
                              Mr Myers

Was you once a Bible believer or a Christian?

Have you recently converted to Islam?

How many times have you read the Koran ?

How well do you know the Koran ?

Is there anything in the Koran that you don't accept or reject ?

Are there any contradictions in the koran ?

Fear God and keep his commandments,
                              for this is the duty of ALL mankind. Ecc 12: 13

Comment

• Originally posted by DANNO View Post

Mr Myers

Was you once a Bible believer or a Christian?

Have you recently converted to Islam?

How many times have you read the Koran ?

How well do you know the Koran ?

Is there anything in the Koran that you don't accept or reject ?

Are there any contradictions in the koran ?

Mr DANNO,

If you are responding on behalf of CrowCross, then, you are not answering my question – did God Almighty ask anyone to worship Jesus as God ?

Let’s not jump to new questions when the earlier question was not even answered or at least, logically responded to .... after which, I will be glad to answer all of your questions.

Comment

Working...
                                X