Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Ask me anything about Islam and I'll try to answer it as well as I can.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JerryMyers View Post

More rambling nonsense out of ignorance and baseless criticisms to comments I have already responded and explained. Go and read back what I wrote and then come out with sensible rebuttals, NOT extended version of rambling nonsense and baseless criticisms.

Don’t respond for the sake of just responding – it makes you look silly and uninformed.
    Responded to but certainly not explained ! and for most of it not even responded to ! Is this the best you can do ? You obviously have no place here.

Comment

Has Jesus ever refer himself as ‘The Word of God’ anywhere in the whole Bible ?? If he has, can you show me that particular passage ?? Surely, if Jesus understanding of ‘The Word of God’ is the same as yours, he would have, at least, say it once in his lifetime.

The concept of trinity is NEVER preached by Jesus or any prophet of God. So, which is more important and priority to you - what Jesus preached in his lifetime or what other people preached ??

If you know how to differentiate what Jesus truly said from what other people said, you wouldn't make so many mistakes.
      Special pleading on your behalf. Where did Mohamad say “I am the comforter as Jesus promised “ ? Surely, if Mohmad understood himself to be the comforter he would have, at least, say it once in his lifetime.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trucker View Post
        Jesus is both the Gospel and the bearer of that Gospel, sir!

Jesus is NOT the Good News, he is the bearer of the Good News he received from God. Jesus himself said he was sent to preach the Gospel of the kingdom of God, and that’s what he preached in his days, NOT the gospel of his ‘divinity’ as what your church preachers and scholars preach today.

Originally posted by Trucker View Post
        The Word who was from the beginning with God and was God from who then became flesh and lived among us as Jesus is indeed the Gospel [good news]?? Jesus is the giver, and the only giver, of eternal life to all who will, of their own free will, accept Him as their Savior! That is indeed good news [the best of the best news available, sir]. This is what the Scriptures teach, sir. All you have to offer is denial after denial after denial ad infinitum ad nauseam ..,exactly as is to be expected from one who subscribes to the anti-Christ teachings of Muhammad.

Well, that’s what your church preachers and scholars preach, and if you insist to remain ignorant, nothing much anyone can do. In you, is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah.

Comment

The first four 10 words of the NNIBD article are:
          GOSPEL the joyous good news of salvation in Jesus Christ.You evidently missed that. Without Jesus, the Scriptural Jesus .... the Word that was in the beginning with God, was God, and became human flesh Who lived among us ... God's perfect sacrificial Lamb, there is no Gospel! Muhammad presented a faux Jesus ... a cheap imitation Jesus.

The first four 10 words of the NNIBD article read “the joyous good news of salvation IN Jesus Christ’, NOT ‘the joyous good news of salvation IS Jesus Christ’. Likewise, saying “the joyous act of charity IN Bill Gates” does not mean Bill Gates IS the charity. If you cannot even understand simple words, it’s of no wonder you cannot even understand your own Scripture !!

Muhammad was a self confesses liar and deceiver [among other problems according to Islamic writings], sir. Yet you trust your eternal existence to him?? Not the smartest thing to do!

Let me see, Muhammad said there is only true God and that is, the One and Only God Almighty and we should all serve and worship ONLY Him, as besides Him, there’s no others. God Almighty said the same thing and so did Jesus. Well, I guess, by your logic and rationale, God Almighty and Jesus Christ are also self-confessed liars as what God Almighty and His prophet, Jesus Christ said clearly opposed what Christians like you, believe, and that is, you worship Jesus besides God Almighty. Not the smartest thing to do!!

You think a Triune God as revealed in and by the Sciptures cannot send Himself and put on flesh? How strange that a puny finite intellect will imagine it'self able to limit the abilities of an infinite God!

God Almighty is too far Exalted that He should become His Own creation - it’s not about limiting an infinite God, it’s about God as the ONLY Supreme Being who is above ALL. Likewise, we don’t expect the Pope to be frequenting strip clubs, NOT because he cannot do that, but, it’s because of his status and position as the head of the Church, that he should NOT be doing that.

The difference is obvious here. Christians have no Scriptural authority to kill or mistreat anyone, heterodox o not. Even the first Caliph fought a bloody war killing many to force them back into Islam. Today Muslims are killing other Muslims over not being "Muslim enough" ... heterodox!

Heterodox means opposing the accepted values or standards of a belief or a faith. So, yes, if there are Muslims who kill other Muslims for not being “Muslim enough”, then, these Muslims are heterodox Muslims.

Granted. However that does not negate the fact that many of the passages are super easy to understand.Nor does it excuse your obvious attempts' to pretzelize the easy to understand passages beyond recogniztion.
          Well, first off Matthews 16:18 does say what you try to make it say. Secondly, If the Scriptures say that I believe it to the best of my ability to properly understand. But the Scriptures definitely say:
          Mat 4:7 Jesus told him, "It is also written: Do not test the Lord your God." [HCSB]
          So I don't plan on deliberately temping God at any time soon.

Jesus is NOT asking you to test God Almighty, Jesus is asking you to test your own faith in his name as what Jesus plainly said in Matthew 16:18. Your own faith is NOT God, your own faith is the level or degree of your belief which can be total faith, little faith or no faith at all. The reason you would not test your own faith in Jesus’ name, is because you have little faith, if not no faith, in what Jesus plainly said in Matthew 16:18.

You conveniently ASSUME I cannot or do not see the true context of the "john 8" passage".

No, I am not assuming, I am stating the fact ! Can you explain, in your own words and with clear logic and rationale, the context of John 8 passage ??

No excuses, sir. I've shown you several times and all you do is parrot you party line. You know the passages and where they're at. Go read 'em until you get it ... it's not that difficult.

‘No excuses’ BUT only more excuses !! Typical trademark of your recent responses !

Just show the link to the passage where Jesus said he is the Word of God !! How difficult can that be if you have shown me more than once as you had claimed ??

Comment

• Originally posted by Acts2 View Post

No the argument was you saying Jesus never mentioned original sin or trinity. So according to your logic Mohamad is not the comforter as he never said “I am the comforter as promised by Jesus”. Special pleading on your behalf.
            This whole argument has nothing to do with ‘original sin’ or ‘trinity’, so, stop twisting the facts.

This whole argument came about from your statement in response to my comment –

“Originally posted by JerryMyers....
            Well, how is all this, from your own words, “ancient Christians and Church fathers interpreted the verse” going to prove Jesus is divine when Jesus have NEVER said, implied or inferred that he’s divine??"

And you responded with “Mohamad never said "I am The Comforter as promised by Jesus". Therefore Mohamad is not the comforter !”

Your tendency to twist facts is clearly proven here !!

Comment

People will no longer have to follow prescribed laws dictated from religious leaders or books, because Jesus ushered in The New Covenant as prophesied by Jeremiah. As a result of the New Covenant Jesus ushered in means believers are sinless through their friendship.
              If believers become sinless through their friendship, why need Jesus to die for ALL mankind sin ?? The fallacy of your logic is showing !!

Originally posted by Acts2 View Post
              You have not even responded to my point in the synchronicity of Leviticus 4:35, Jeremiah 31 and Mathew 26.
              EDIT
              Did John the Baptist say is literally a lamb? Its you that ties yourself inside out with your figurative / literal confusion. Obviously, John the Baptist was referring to the sanctifying presence of God formerly represented by the scape goat / lamb in Leviticus.
              What has Leviticus got to do with the preaching of Jesus ?? Just because your preconceived mind is deceived by the preaching of other people, therefore, any word that said ‘sacrifice’, ‘pierced’, ‘blood’, etc, etc, are all related to Jesus. The fallacy of your logic is showing !!

Who are you to say what Christianity is? When last did you attend a Christian church service?? I know the Bible far better than you. If you knew the Gospels you would know it talks about many things and not just the “Sonship” of Jesus. It talks about ethics, justice and the Kingdom of God just to name a few.
              Your question about can one be a Christian without believing Jesus is God or he died for mans sins simply betrays your ignorance to the above.
              EDITED
              Regarding The Book of The Acts of The Apostles you are wrong. Do you have a reading problem or are you just a troll ? Read The Acts of The Apostles 2.14 -21 as above.
              Acts 2:21 clearly said ‘And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.’ The ‘Lord’ here is a reference to God Almighty, NOT Jesus Christ as the whole passage of what prophet Joel said (Acts 2:17-21) is about God Almighty, NOT Jesus.

In Acts 2:22, Peter clearly said, “Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know”, which means even Peter NEVER see Jesus as God. Yet, Christians say Jesus is God !

Do Christians like you have a reading problem or are you just a troll ?
              Last edited by Mod10; 03-12-19, 09:45 AM. Reason: flag, rule 12 violation

Comment

Responded to but certainly not explained ! and for most of it not even responded to ! Is this the best you can do ? You obviously have no place here.
                Well thank you for reminding me of what I said. I think I said ‘responded to but certainly not explained’ to another poster here, but, I am not sure I said that to you before. Anyway, yes, that’s what I would say of your responses to my postings, BUT, I think you can do better than that, but if that’s the best you can do, then, you obviously have no credibility to respond to my postings.

Comment

Originally posted by Trucker
                  Jesus is both the Gospel and the bearer of that Gospel, sir!
                  Jesus is NOT the Good News, he is the bearer of the Good News he received from God. Jesus himself said he was sent to preach the Gospel of the kingdom of God, and that’s what he preached in his days, NOT the gospel of his ‘divinity’ as what your church preachers and scholars preach today.
                  That's your party line take. The Scriptures say otherwise.

Originally posted by JerryMyers View Post

The Word who was from the beginning with God and was God from who then became flesh and lived among us as Jesus is indeed the Gospel [good news]?? Jesus is the giver, and the only giver, of eternal life to all who will, of their own free will, accept Him as their Savior! That is indeed good news [the best of the best news available, sir]. This is what the Scriptures teach, sir. All you have to offer is denial after denial after denial ad infinitum ad nauseam ..,exactly as is to be expected from one who subscribes to the anti-Christ teachings of Muhammad.
                  Well, that’s what your church preachers and scholars preach, and if you insist to remain ignorant, nothing much anyone can do. In you, is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah.
                  You have a conveniently short memory when it suits your needs. NOTE:
                  Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
                  Joh 1:2 He was with God in the beginning.
                  Joh 1:3 All things were created through Him, and apart from Him not one thing was created that has been created.
                  Joh 1:4 Life was in Him, and that life was the light of men.
                  Joh 1:5 That light shines in the darkness, yet the darkness did not overcome it.

Joh 1:9 The true light, who gives light to everyone, was coming into the world.
                  Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was created through Him, yet the world did not recognize Him.
                  Joh 1:11 He came to His own, and His own people did not receive Him.
                  Joh 1:12 But to all who did receive Him, He gave them the right to be children of God, to those who believe in His name,
                  Joh 1:13 who were born, not of blood, or of the will of the flesh, or of the will of man, but of God.
                  Joh 1:14 The Word became flesh and took up residence among us. We observed His glory, the glory as the One and Only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.[HCSB]
                  Actually it's Scripture, sir! Indisputably Scripture which you have been shown here on this forum, and more than once! [BW ... you may want to save a link to this so you won't have to keep demanding that I show you a link to it.! ]
                  Joh 8:36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. [NIV]

Comment

The first four 10 words of the NNIBD article are:GOSPEL — the joyous good news of salvation in Jesus Christ.You evidently missed that. Without Jesus, the Scriptural Jesus .... the Word that was in the beginning with God, was God, and became human flesh Who lived among us ... God's perfect sacrificial Lamb, there is no Gospel! Muhammad presented a faux Jesus ... a cheap imitation Jesus
                    The first four 10 words of the NNIBD article read “the joyous good news of salvation IN Jesus Christ’, NOT ‘the joyous good news of salvation IS Jesus Christ’. Likewise, saying “the joyous act of charity IN Bill Gates” does not mean Bill Gates IS the charity. If you cannot even understand simple words, it’s of no wonder you cannot even understand your own Scripture !!
                    I understand the NNIBD article. Note that the word "Gospel" essentially means "Good News". I can also say with absolute assurance that Jesus Christ is the best news I ever heard or ever will hear. The "Gospel" is indeed Jesus Christ, sir. And Jesus Christ is the GospelI Also note the the third paragraph of the same NNIBD said this [red text used for emphasis]::
                    The gospel is the saving work of God in His Son Jesus Christ and a call to faith in Him (Rom_1:16-17). Jesus is more than a messenger of the gospel; He is the gospel. The good news of God was present in His life, teaching, and atoning death. Therefore, the gospel is both a historical event and a personal relationship.
                    Either you didn't read it or it is you who lacks understanding. Jesus is so much more than Muhammad realized or you understand, sir. But stick around .. you can learn.

Muhammad was a self confesses liar and deceiver [among other problems according to Islamic writings], sir. Yet you trust your eternal existence to him?? Not the smartest thing to do
                    !
                    Let me see, Muhammad said there is only true God and that is, the One and Only God Almighty and we should all serve and worship ONLY Him, as besides Him, there’s no others. God Almighty said the same thing and so did Jesus. Well, I guess, by your logic and rationale, God Almighty and Jesus Christ are also self-confessed liars as what God Almighty and His prophet, Jesus Christ said clearly opposed what Christians like you, believe, and that is, you worship Jesus besides God Almighty. Not the smartest thing to do!!
                    This Muhammad character said a lit of things! He even said some things he had to take back! Like the three goddesses he talked about ... you know ... Allat, Uzza and Manat! At one time Allat, Uzza and Manat! appeard in surrah 54: 19-20! But they didn't stay there very long ... had to take 'em out! .

You think a Triune God as revealed in and by the Sciptures cannot send Himself and put on flesh? How strange that a puny finite intellect will imagine it'self able to limit the abilities of an infinite God!
                    God Almighty is too far Exalted that He should become His Own creation - it’s not about limiting an infinite God, it’s about God as the ONLY Supreme Being who is above ALL. Likewise, we don’t expect the Pope to be frequenting strip clubs, NOT because he cannot do that, but, it’s because of his status and position as the head of the Church, that he should NOT be doing that.
                    Yes sir! Just ask the same self proclaimed messenger and great Scriptural authority that dictated the original wording in q 53:19-20!!

The difference is obvious here. Christians have no Scriptural authority to kill or mistreat anyone, heterodox o not. Even the first Caliph fought a bloody war killing many to force them back into Islam. Today Muslims are killing other Muslims over not being "Muslim enough" ... heterodox
                    !
                    Heterodox means opposing the accepted values or standards of a belief or a faith. So, yes, if there are Muslims who kill other Muslims for not being “Muslim enough”, then, these Muslims are heterodox Muslims.

Uhhhhh ... are you suggesting that the Sunni's are not Muslims? How about the Shi' ites ... are they Muslims?? Or the Ahmadiyya .... Muslim's?

Granted. However that does not negate the fact that many of the passages are super easy to understand.Nor does it excuse your obvious attempts' to pretzelize the easy to understand passages beyond recognition.
                    Well, first off Matthews 16:18 does say what you try to make it say. Secondly, If the Scriptures say that I believe it to the best of my ability to properly understand. But the Scriptures definitely say:

Mat 4:7 Jesus told him, "It is also written: Do not test the Lord your God." [HCSB]
                    So I don't plan on deliberately temping God at any time soon.
                    Jesus is NOT asking you to test God Almighty, .....
                    Jesus said to not test the Lord your God, sir. Beyond that you tried to divert by tell trying to tell us what Jesus was or was not telling us. We don't need your eisegesis.

Originally posted by Trucker You conveniently ASSUME I cannot or do not see the true context of the "john 8" passage".
                    No, I am not assuming, I am stating the fact ! Can you explain, in your own words and with clear logic and rationale, the context of John 8 passage ??
                    Already have, sir. No need to keep going over and over and over.

No excuses, sir. I've shown you several times and all you do is parrot you party line. You know the passages and where they're at. Go read 'em until you get it ... it's not that difficul
                    t.
                    ‘No excuses’ BUT only more excuses !! Typical trademark of your recent responses !

Just show the link to the passage where Jesus said he is the Word of God !! How difficult can that be if you have shown me more than once as you had claimed ??
                    Joh 8:36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. [NIV]

Comment

If believers become sinless through their friendship, why need Jesus to die for ALL mankind sin ?? The fallacy of your logic is showing !!

EDIT

What has Leviticus got to do with the preaching of Jesus ?? Just because your preconceived mind is deceived by the preaching of other people, therefore, any word that said ‘sacrifice’, ‘pierced’, ‘blood’, etc, etc, are all related to Jesus. The fallacy of your logic is showing !!

EDITED

Acts 2:21 clearly said ‘And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.’ The ‘Lord’ here is a reference to God Almighty, NOT Jesus Christ as the whole passage of what prophet Joel said (Acts 2:17-21) is about God Almighty, NOT Jesus.

In Acts 2:22, Peter clearly said, “Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know”, which means even Peter NEVER see Jesus as God. Yet, Christians say Jesus is God !

Do Christians like you have a reading problem or are you just a troll ?
                      Believers have become sinless through the sacrifice Jesus paid, to enable them to enter into a loving friendship with God Almighty.

I wasn’t talking about the preaching of Jesus. I was talking about the preaching of John The Baptist. It was John the Baptist that referred to Jesus as the Leviticus sacrificial scape goat / lamb. Hence you need to refute what John the Baptist was claiming.

Stick to the point about The Holy Spirit. You are either being avoidant or losing track of your posts. The point of this discussion was whether there was a fresh outpouring of the Holy Spirit after Jesus departed. In The Book of The Acts of The Apostles it is obvious this occurred.

If you wish to discuss Peters perception of Jesus I am prepared to do so, but in the meantime stop evading the point about The Holy Spirit.

Comment

• Originally posted by sk0rpi0n View Post
                        Ask about the contents of the Koran, Islamic beliefs, prophets etc. If youre making claims, please cite verse numbers, sources and so on.

I'm not going to discuss things back and forth. But If you have a follow up question, please ask.
                        Are you doing enough good works to get to heaven?

Comment

That's your party line take. The Scriptures say otherwise.

Let me say it again - “Jesus is NOT the Good News, he is the bearer of the Good News” - THAT is NOT a party line just because you cannot tell the difference between ‘IN’ and ‘IS’ - IT IS WHAT IT IS, irrespective of your inability to understand what you read.

You have a conveniently short memory when it suits your needs. NOTE:
                          Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
                          Joh 1:2 He was with God in the beginning.
                          Joh 1:3 All things were created through Him, and apart from Him not one thing was created that has been created.
                          Joh 1:4 Life was in Him, and that life was the light of men.
                          Joh 1:5 That light shines in the darkness, yet the darkness did not overcome it.

Joh 1:9 The true light, who gives light to everyone, was coming into the world.
                          Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was created through Him, yet the world did not recognize Him.
                          Joh 1:11 He came to His own, and His own people did not receive Him.
                          Joh 1:12 But to all who did receive Him, He gave them the right to be children of God, to those who believe in His name,
                          Joh 1:13 who were born, not of blood, or of the will of the flesh, or of the will of man, but of God.
                          Joh 1:14 The Word became flesh and took up residence among us. We observed His glory, the glory as the One and Only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.
                          [HCSB]
                          Actually it's Scripture, sir! Indisputably Scripture which you have been shown here on this forum, and more than once! [BW ... you may want to save a link to this so you won't have to keep demanding that I show you a link to it.! [IMG]file:///C:/Users/User/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.png[/IMG] ]

Surely you are NOT telling me John 1:1-14 is where Jesus said he’s the Word ??? Well, it’s not surprising for someone who cannot tell the difference between ‘IN’ and ‘IS’, that he should know that John 1:1-14 passages are NOT the words of Jesus Christ !!.... [you may want to copy and save this so as to remind yourself not to make a comedian of yourself every time you have the urge to quote passages from the Scripture and claim those are Jesus’ words when they are clearly NOT !!]

Comment

I understand the NNIBD article. Note that the word "Gospel" essentially means "Good News". I can also say with absolute assurance that Jesus Christ is the best news I ever heard or ever will hear. The "Gospel" is indeed Jesus Christ, sir. And Jesus Christ is the Gospel

If you cannot tell the difference between ‘IN’ and ‘IS’, how can you understand the NNIBD article, or for that matter, any article ??

I Also note the the third paragraph of the same NNIBD said this [red text used for emphasis]::
                            The gospel is the saving work of God in His Son Jesus Christ and a call to faith in Him (Rom_1:16-17). Jesus is more than a messenger of the gospel; He is the gospel. The good news of God was present in His life, teaching, and atoning death. Therefore, the gospel is both a historical event and a personal relationship.
                            Either you didn't read it or it is you who lacks understanding. Jesus is so much more than Muhammad realized or you understand, sir. But stick around .. you can learn.
                            Again you are proving to me that you cannot differentiate ‘IS’ and ‘IN’ and where does it say Jesus IS the Gospel in Romans 1:16-17 ?? Either you didn't read it OR you lack understanding OR you pretzelized scripture to tailor-fit your false belief. But stick around.. you will learn the truth.

This Muhammad character said a lit of things! He even said some things he had to take back! Like the three goddesses he talked about ... you know ... Allat, Uzza and Manat! At one time Allat, Uzza and Manat! appeard in surrah 54: 19-20! But they didn't stay there very long ... had to take 'em out!
                            Yes sir! Just ask the same self proclaimed messenger and great Scriptural authority that dictated the original wording in q 53:19-20!!

How many times you want to prove to me of your ignorance and inability to understand any scripture including your own, let alone the Quran ??! I got it, you don’t have to remind me so many times !!

Uhhhhh ... are you suggesting that the Sunni's are not Muslims? How about the Shi' ites ... are they Muslims?? Or the Ahmadiyya .... Muslim's?

Another example of your inability to understand what you read.
                            Heterodox means opposing the accepted values or standards of a belief or a faith. Therefore, heterodox Muslims means they are Muslims BUT they did not adhere to or follow the values of their faith. Likewise, heterodox Christians are still Christians BUT they did not adhere to the standard values of Christianity. Comprende ?

Jesus said to not test the Lord your God, sir. Beyond that you tried to divert by tell trying to tell us what Jesus was or was not telling us. We don't need your eisegesis.

Another example of how Christians like you twist facts and mix-match scripture passages to tailor-fit your false ideology.

In Matthew 4:7, Jesus told Satan NOT to test God because Satan challenged Jesus to seek help from God (by quoting Psalm 91:11-12) to save him if he threw himself down from the highest point of the temple. In Matthew 16:18, Jesus is testing your faith, NOT God, that if you truly believe in his name, then, drinking deadly poison will not harm you. So, stop fooling yourself as the ONLY reason you would not take up Jesus’ test of faith, is because you DO NOT have any faith in what Jesus said in Matthew 16:18.

Now, that’s a party line you can expect from someone who just run his mouth and cannot back up what he claimed.

Just to prove I am right, here’s the question again - Can you explain, in your own words and with clear logic and rationale, the context of John 8 passage ?? Let me guess what your response will be like – “I already have, sir !”.

Yup, no need for that standard “already have, sir” responses over and over again – just show the link where Jesus said he’s the Word, that is, if you still have any credibility left in you.

Comment

Believers have become sinless through the sacrifice Jesus paid, to enable them to enter into a loving friendship with God Almighty.

The fallacy of your logic is showing. There’s NOT a single passage in your whole Bible where Jesus said believers will become sinless and enter into a loving friendship with God Almighty only if he died.

I wasn’t talking about the preaching of Jesus. I was talking about the preaching of John The Baptist. It was John the Baptist that referred to Jesus as the Leviticus sacrificial scape goat / lamb. Hence you need to refute what John the Baptist was claiming.

The preaching of John the Baptist is the same as the preaching of Jesus – both preached the baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sin. And where and when did John the Baptist ever said ‘the sacrificial lamb of God’ ?? No, he said ‘the lamb of God’, meaning one who is subservient only to his God, just as a lamb is subservient to its master.

Your preconceived mind assumes John the Baptist said ‘sacrificial’ lamb, when he never did, just as you assume Jesus was showing the wound marks of the crucifixion to his disciples when the Scripture clearly said Jesus only showed his hands and made no mentions of any wound marks - Christianity is simply built on assumptions.

Stick to the point about The Holy Spirit. You are either being avoidant or losing track of your posts. The point of this discussion was whether there was a fresh outpouring of the Holy Spirit after Jesus departed. In The Book of The Acts of The Apostles it is obvious this occurred.

And what about the Holy Spirit ?? You think the Holy Spirit descending on people is only mentioned in Acts 2 ???! Get real !! You are clearly being avoidant or losing track of your own scripture !

If you wish to discuss Peters perception of Jesus I am prepared to do so, but in the meantime stop evading the point about The Holy Spirit.

And what about Peter’s perception of Jesus ?? Clearly, Peter never saw Jesus as God as shown by his own words in Acts 2:22. So, stop assuming and start to see the truth from the lies !!

Comment

Christians BELIEVERS have BECOME MORE SINFULL because of their beliefs in Paul's gospel that Jesus sacrifice has FREED them from the LAW!!
                                Rom 5: 20,, Rom 10: 4 , Rom 6: 14 , Gal 3: 10-13 ,,Eph 2: 8
                                The EPHESIANS were congratulated by YESHUA for dumping the false apostles led by Paul! Rev 2: 1-2

Yeshua said the commandments of God stands until the end of the world! Matt 5: 17-20,, Rev 14: 12 , Rev 12: 17

Hebrews says This in Heb 10: 26
                                Last edited by DANNO; 03-21-19, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X