Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

The Quran confirms the Gospels / Injeel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JerryMyers View Post
    Except what you are doing and saying is not the truth despite what your preachers and scholars taught you, sir.
    That from one who follows the teachings of a confessed oath breaker.
    Joh 8:36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. [NIV]

Comment

Originally posted by Trucker View Post

…And that from one who cannot tell the difference between man and God that he worship a man instead of the One and Only God Almighty.

Comment

And that from one who cannot tell the difference between man and God that he worship a man instead of the One and Only God Almighty.
        Which shows how little you understand of the Scriptures and my beliefs.

Comment

You mean you do not worship Jesus as God ?? Now, why didn't you tell me that from the start ??

Comment

You mean you do not worship Jesus as God ?? Now, why didn't you tell me that from the start ??
            I worship the God Who revealed Himself in the Scriptures. For example:
            Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
            Joh 1:2 He was in the beginning with God.
            Joh 1:3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
            Joh 1:4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
            Joh 1:5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

Joh 1:9 That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.
            Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.
            Joh 1:11 He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him.
            Joh 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:
            Joh 1:13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
            Joh 1:14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

2Pe 1:1 Simeon Peter, a slave and an apostle of Jesus Christ: To those who have obtained a faith of equal privilege with ours through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ.

Tit 2:11 For the grace of God has appeared with salvation for all people,
            Tit 2:12 instructing us to deny godlessness and worldly lusts and to live in a sensible, righteous, and godly way in the present age,
            Tit_2:13 while we wait for the blessed hope and appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Joh 3:14 Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,
            Joh 3:15 so that everyone who believes in Him will have eternal life.
            Joh 3:16 "For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.
            Joh 3:17 For God did not send His Son into the world that He might condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.
            Joh 3:18 Anyone who believes in Him is not condemned, but anyone who does not believe is already condemned, because he has not believed in the name of the One and Only Son of God.
            Joh 3:19 "This, then, is the judgment: The light has come into the world, and people loved darkness rather than the light because their deeds were evil.
            A God denied by Muhammad. Muhammad's followers, and Muhammad's Allah.

Comment

I worship the God Who revealed Himself in the Scriptures. For example:

NOPE, whether you want to believe it or not, fact is - you DO NOT worship THE God who revealed Himself in the Scripture, BUT you worship a make-believed ‘God’ ACCORDING to the words of other people. To put it in another way, your worship of Jesus as God is hopeless and in vain as you are only following the false preaching of other people, NOT the divine teaching of THE God Almighty as preached by His prophets throughout the Ages.

Jesus PLAINLY said “They worship me in vain, their teachings are merely human rules” – Matthew 15:9.

Jesus is obviously referring to those who were worshipping him as God in his times, and the generations who follow the teaching of those people called themselves, Christians, and they plainly deny what Jesus PLAINLY said.

Comment

I worship the God Who revealed Himself in the Scriptures. For example:A 7th centur

Jesus PLAINLY said “They worship me in vain, their teachings are merely human rules” – Matthew 15:9.
                And Jesus said many additional things you either don't quote or pretzelize when faced with. We understand your intents, sir. Your epileptic 7th century used camel salesman that couldn't save himself will be no help to you when you stand before the risen Messiah, sir.

Comment

NOPE, whether you want to believe it or not, fact is - you DO NOT worship THE God who revealed Himself in the Scripture, BUT you worship a make-believed ‘God’ ACCORDING to the words of other people. To put it in another way, your worship of Jesus as God is hopeless and in vain as you are only following the false preaching of other people, NOT the divine teaching of THE God Almighty as preached by His prophets throughout the Ages.

Jesus is obviously referring to those who were worshipping him as God in his times, and the generations who follow the teaching of those people called themselves, Christians, and they plainly deny what Jesus PLAINLY said.
                  Look at the context of Matthew 15:9

Then Pharisees and scribes came from Jerusalem to Jesus and asked, 2 “Why do Your disciples break the tradition of the elders? For they don’t wash their hands when they eat!"

3 He answered them, “And why do you break God’s commandment because of your tradition? 4 For God said

Honor your father and your mother; and,
                  The one who speaks evil of father or mother
                  must be put to death.

5 But you say, ‘Whoever tells his father or mother, “Whatever benefit you might have received from me is a gift committed to the temple”— 6 he does not have to honor his father.' In this way, you have revoked God’s word because of your tradition. 7 Hypocrites! Isaiah prophesied correctly about you when he said:

8 These people honor Me with their lips,
                  but their heart is far from Me.
                  9 They worship Me in vain,
                  teaching as doctrines the commands of men.”

Why do you twist Scriptures?

They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God. John 16:2

Comment

Here's the thing, Jerry. The One True God, the Creator, knows we believe only in Him; so it matters not what you think we worship.

You worship an Allah who believed the Trinity was Allah, Jesus and Mary which is wrong.

You worship an Allah who thought Christians believe Jesus is the result of God having sex with Mary which is wrong.

They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God. John 16:2

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
                      Look at the context of Matthew 15:9

Then Pharisees and scribes came from Jerusalem to Jesus and asked, 2 “Why do Your disciples break the tradition of the elders? For they don’t wash their hands when they eat!"

3 He answered them, “And why do you break God’s commandment because of your tradition? 4 For God said

Honor your father and your mother; and,
                      The one who speaks evil of father or mother
                      must be put to death.

5 But you say, ‘Whoever tells his father or mother, “Whatever benefit you might have received from me is a gift committed to the temple”— 6 he does not have to honor his father.' In this way, you have revoked God’s word because of your tradition. 7 Hypocrites! Isaiah prophesied correctly about you when he said:

8 These people honor Me with their lips,
                      but their heart is far from Me.
                      9 They worship Me in vain,
                      teaching as doctrines the commands of men.”

Why do you twist Scriptures?
                      No, I DID NOT twist the Scripture. You never really explain the context of the passage, but, you just quote the passage.

Anyway, the context is what prompted Jesus to quote Isaiah 29:13.

In context, the Pharisees and scribes were questioning the actions of Jesus’ disciples for not washing their hands. Jesus, in defense of his disciples, told the Pharisees/scribes that their priorities are not in order as they are giving priority to their own traditional belief over the Law and Rules of God, and this was reflected by Isaiah and quoted by Jesus.

The main subject matter here is - the Pharisees and scribes have placed their traditional beliefs OVER the Law and Rules of God, that is, they thought they were following the doctrines and laws of God BUT, in reality, they were just following traditions, that is, man-made doctrines and laws as preached and practiced over the centuries that these traditions are now accepted as divine truth and Jesus remanded them for this. Likewise, the Christians think they are following the doctrines and Laws of God, but, in reality, they too are just following man-made doctrines and Laws which have been preached and practiced over the centuries that these traditions are now accepted as divine doctrines and Laws of God, BUT they are NOT.

So, I am NOT twisting the Scripture, George - worshipping Jesus, or anyone/anything as God, IS a traditional (man-made) belief, NOT a divine belief.

Here's the thing, Jerry. The One True God, the Creator, knows we believe only in Him; so it matters not what you think we worship.

You worship an Allah who believed the Trinity was Allah, Jesus and Mary which is wrong.
                      Here’s the thing, George. The One True God, the Creator, knows mainstream Christians worship His prophet, Jesus Christ, as God too, besides Him.

I worship Allah, that is, THE God, who Calls on all His servants, NEVER to say He’s three (trinity).

….. AND the Quran NEVER said trinity is made up of Allah, Jesus and Mary – where did you get that ?

You worship an Allah who thought Christians believe Jesus is the result of God having sex with Mary which is wrong.
                      No, the Quran NEVER said it, BUT, yes, to say Jesus is the result of God having sex with Mary IS wrong, BUT, that’s what the Christians believe and that is why they say Jesus IS the begotten Son of God and we all know what ‘begotten’ means, don’t we ??

Comment

No, I DID NOT twist the Scripture. You never really explain the context of the passage, but, you just quote the passage.

Anyway, the context is what prompted Jesus to quote Isaiah 29:13.

In context, the Pharisees and scribes were questioning the actions of Jesus’ disciples for not washing their hands. Jesus, in defense of his disciples, told the Pharisees/scribes that their priorities are not in order as they are giving priority to their own traditional belief over the Law and Rules of God, and this was reflected by Isaiah and quoted by Jesus.

The main subject matter here is - the Pharisees and scribes have placed their traditional beliefs OVER the Law and Rules of God, that is, they thought they were following the doctrines and laws of God BUT, in reality, they were just following traditions, that is, man-made doctrines and laws as preached and practiced over the centuries that these traditions are now accepted as divine truth and Jesus remanded them for this. Likewise, the Christians think they are following the doctrines and Laws of God, but, in reality, they too are just following man-made doctrines and Laws which have been preached and practiced over the centuries that these traditions are now accepted as divine doctrines and Laws of God, BUT they are NOT.

So, I am NOT twisting the Scripture, George - worshipping Jesus, or anyone/anything as God, IS a traditional (man-made) belief, NOT a divine belief.

Here’s the thing, George. The One True God, the Creator, knows mainstream Christians worship His prophet, Jesus Christ, as God too, besides Him.

I worship Allah, that is, THE God, who Calls on all His servants, NEVER to say He’s three (trinity).

….. AND the Quran NEVER said trinity is made up of Allah, Jesus and Mary – where did you get that ?

No, the Quran NEVER said it, BUT, yes, to say Jesus is the result of God having sex with Mary IS wrong, BUT, that’s what the Christians believe and that is why they say Jesus IS the begotten Son of God and we all know what ‘begotten’ means, don’t we ??
                        Christians do not believe Jesus is the result of sex between God and Mary. That is a mistake in the Qur'an.

We worship the One True God.

And you do twist Scripture. You take Scriptures out of context and put your own spin on them.

Comment

Actually worshiping Jesus is plainly taught in Scripture for all to see who wish to see.

Comment

Christians do not believe Jesus is the result of sex between God and Mary. That is a mistake in the Qur'an.
                            Of course, they do, and that’s why Christians believe Jesus is the begotten Son of God, and yes, that is a BIG mistake in the Bible, no doubt about it, and the Quran just pointed out THAT mistake. You do know the difference between making a mistake and pointing out a mistake, don't you ??

We worship the One True God.
                            And you do twist Scripture. You take Scriptures out of context and put your own spin on them.
                            If you worship Jesus as God too, then, no matter how you want to spin and twist it, you do worship anyone OTHER THAN the One True God.

Comment

Actually worshiping Jesus is plainly taught in Scripture for all to see who wish to see.
                              Actually worshiping Jesus is plainly NOT COMMANDED in Scripture for all to see who wish to see but, worshiping Jesus is plainly TAUGHT by other people for all to see who wish to see.

Comment

Actually worshiping Jesus is plainly NOT COMMANDED in Scripture for all to see who wish to see but, worshiping Jesus is plainly TAUGHT by other people for all to see who wish to see.
                                Actually, you do err, sir. That Jesus is God IS plainly AND REPEATEDLY taught in Scripture for all to see who wish to see. Worshiping God is plainly AND REPEATEDLY taught in Scripture for all to see. Your parroted denials, pretzelized Scripture, and purposeful blindness do not change the facts.

Comment

Working...
                                X