Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Jews subject to more than half of religious hate crime, though only 2% of population

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jews subject to more than half of religious hate crime, though only 2% of population

FBI: JEWS SUBJECT TO 54% OF RELIGIOUSLY MOTIVATED HATE CRIMES IN 2016, DESPITE BEING JUST 2% OF U.S. POPULATION

http://www.tabletmag.com/scroll/249...pite-being-just-two-percent-of-u-s-population
    Open Heart, Hebrew Catholic
    “God never abandoned his covenant with Israel" Pope Francis
    "It is unthinkable that [the Church] would claim to replace Israel. She is not another Israel." Cardinal Lustiger

Most of this is due to the antisemitic NT, and Church leaders like Luther.

I will bless those who bless you...

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
      Most of this is due to the antisemitic NT, and Church leaders like Luther.

The NT was written by Jews.

I do agree with you though that Luther was antisemitic.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
        Originally posted by Ansel07 View Post
        antisemitic.
        How does this work outside of the Land of Israel - in the lands of the Gentiles?

Comment

Originally posted by American Gothic View Post

How does this work outside of the Land of Israel - in the lands of the Gentiles?
          Why would it work any differently? A Jew is a Jew whether they are in the Promised land or not, and so God's curse is on the anti-Semite whether he curses an Israeli or a Norwegian Jew. It doesn't mean you have to let a Jew who is a royal jerk walk all over you. It simply means you pray for the welfare of the people of Israel.
          "It is unthinkable that [the Church] would claim to replace Israel. She is not another Israel." Cardinal Lustiger

Comment

Originally posted by Open Heart View Post
            would it work any differently?
            a Jew is a Jew wherever they are
            didn't God tell the Israelites not to make alliances with the other Nations?
            if you are not in the Land of Israel, do the promises of God's provision and protection thru Torah faithfulness still apply....?

how is a Gentile to tell who is a Jew?
            was it wrong to ban them from Oslo? and Stockholm? and Copenhagen?

Comment

didn't God tell the Israelites not to make alliances with the other Nations?
              if you are not in the Land of Israel, do the promises of God's provision and protection thru Torah faithfulness still apply....?

how is a Gentile to tell who is a Jew?
              was it wrong to ban them from Oslo? and Stockholm? and Copenhagen?
              God's promises apply wherever the Jew is.

Jews determine who is a Jew. That would be whoever is born of a Jewish mom, and whoever is converted to Judaism by a beit din. As far as what is a legitimate beit din? Err on the side of caution/inclusivity lest a Jew gets treated like a Gentile (aka encouraged to eat pork or break the Shabbat).

Banning them from Gentile cities? I think a Gentile should err on the side of caution, don't you? How was it justified during the 1900 years when there was no Jewish homeland?
              Last edited by Open Heart; 12-08-17, 01:28 PM.

Comment

err on the side of....
                if some charming Jewish sailors landed on our shores and started chatting up our daughters, then yes...we should err on the side of caution!

as a believer in Jesus, I think that I would have an obligation to receive them in a at least respectful, possibly friendly manner
                I don't think my countrymen would have that obligation unless it was official policy or something, though it might be a wise move.
                might not
                only through the Messiah do I think there is any real chance of reconciliation between Gentile and Jew

is that the general Jewish/Judaism belief and teaching? - if Gentiles bless us, they will be blessed....and if not, they will be cursed?
                Last edited by American Gothic; 12-08-17, 02:24 PM.

Comment

if some charming Jewish sailors landed on our shores and started chatting up our daughters, then yes...we should err on the side of caution!

as a believer in Jesus, I think that I would have an obligation to receive them in a at least respectful, possibly friendly manner
                  I don't think my countrymen would have that obligation unless it was official policy or something, though it might be a wise move.
                  might not
                  only through the Messiah do I think there is any real chance of reconciliation between Gentile and Jew

is that the general Jewish/Judaism belief and teaching? - if Gentiles bless us, they will be blessed....and if not, they will be cursed?
                  You used ambiguous grammar "receive them in A AT least respectful, possibly friendly manner..." It can be interpreted as "a least friendly manner" or "at least a friendly manner."

I think that historically Jews have shown ourselves to be assets to every country we have immigrated to, and any country would be foolish not to welcome us.

The Jewish position is that Jews should always be welcomed, obviously, and never get kicked out of a place. Wouldn't that be true of anyone in general? As to intermarriage, it depends on which Jew you ask. It is the BIBLICAL position that whoever blesses us is blessed and whoever curses us is cursed, thus both the Jewish position and the Christian position (unless the Christian is anti-Semitic: believes that Jews are cursed and being punished is the Jew's lot in life).

Comment

the Jewish position is that Jews should always be welcomed, obviously, .
                    why would it be Obviously?
                    where is the Command to Gentiles to be nice to Jews....as if it should be expected by Jews?

being cursed is not the only lot in life a Jew could fall into, but it is an option (Deut 28)
                    we Gentiles are already cursed...welcome!

and never get kicked out of a place. Wouldn't that be true of anyone in general? .
                    IMO no, because most of the World doesn't automatically afford a person human rights
                    Sovereigns or Warlords can do whatever they want in the area they control....
                    if you don't like it you can kill them and make yourself Boss
                    but until then it's mostly out of your control, except for your ability to negotiate and gain favor for yourself and your people
                    but that situation could change for you on a whim at any time :/
                    it's can be rough in the lands of the Gentiles!

Comment

How was (Jews being treated badly) justified during the 1900 years when there was no Jewish homeland?
                      I don't necessarily think it was justified, but question any notion that God promised justified treatment among the Gentiles to begin with.

Last edited by American Gothic; 12-08-17, 09:02 PM.

Comment

why would it be Obviously?
                        You asked what the Jews would want. The reason I said obviously is because the Jews want the same thing every person wants.

where is the Command to Gentiles to be nice to Jews....as if it should be expected by Jews?
                        As I said, we've shown ourselves to be an asset to every nation where we've immigrated. That, even without the Biblical blessing and curse, SHOULD dictate expectations.

Comment

Jews want the same thing every person wants.
                          Among the Gentiles and outside of Israel, I don't see any Biblical guarantee you will get what you want

SHOULD
                          no doubt Jews have been an asset, (and sure, the Nations will answer for how they treat Israel)
                          but even with all that. Jews still get treated as Strangers - because they are strangers
                          no matter how good they are, no matter how much they try to get along with Gentiles, there is always something amiss....

the Expectation of Israel was always the return to their own Land

is a Jew who actually believes in the Covenant and promises ever really comfortable in the Lands of the Gentiles...?
                          isn't it sort of a part of the punishment that they not be? and that they long to go Home...?

Comment

Among the Gentiles and outside of Israel, I don't see any Biblical guarantee you will get what you want

no doubt Jews have been an asset, (and sure, the Nations will answer for how they treat Israel)
                            but even with all that. Jews still get treated as Strangers - because they are strangers
                            no matter how good they are, no matter how much they try to get along with Gentiles, there is always something amiss....

the Expectation of Israel was always the return to their own Land

is a Jew who actually believes in the Covenant and promises ever really comfortable in the Lands of the Gentiles...?
                            isn't it sort of a part of the punishment that they not be? and that they long to go Home...?

Hey, just because it's what we want and what should happen doesn't mean it's what WILL happen. I made no claim to that. There will be those who will treat us badly, and God will curse them.

I can tell you that the Orthodox I've met all seem to have the expectation that their future should be in Israel if at all possible. But this is not so for Reform Jews who are perfectly happy living in places such as the US which they feel has dealt better with them than Israel.

Comment

Hey, .
                              if Jews get too comfortable it means the Gentiles are slacking

Hey, it's Sabbath time.

Comment

Working...
                              X