Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

The Jewish Jesus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• afaithfulone4u
    started a topic The Jewish Jesus

The Jewish Jesus

Have you ever seen this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq7g-7Vmvfc

• Rachel Rachel
    replied
    Yes, he is 100% Jewi, raised. in a traditional Jewish hi.

Leave a comment:

• Open Heart
    replied
    Originally posted by spokenword View Post
    I have only my wife working with me.I hope she doesn't sue me.
    Oh brother.

Leave a comment:

• spokenword
    replied
    Originally posted by Open Heart View Post

You are abusing your power if you are using your position as boss to forcefeed Jesus on your underlings. You are also opening yourself up to a lawsuit. It sounds like you are breaking the law.
    I have only my wife working with me.I hope she doesn't sue me.

Leave a comment:

• Open Heart
    replied
    Not when you are the boss.
    You are abusing your power if you are using your position as boss to forcefeed Jesus on your underlings. You are also opening yourself up to a lawsuit. It sounds like you are breaking the law.

Leave a comment:

• spokenword
    replied

That's a really good way to get fired.
    Not when you are the boss.

Leave a comment:

• Open Heart
    replied
    I do at my job.
    That's a really good way to get fired.

Leave a comment:

• spokenword
    replied

No, it doesn't. Just as it doesn't apply to you when you are at your desk at work.
    I do at my job.

Leave a comment:

• Open Heart
    replied
    So go and preach the Gospel does not apply to you when you fellowship with your brethren. Interesting.
    No, it doesn't. Just as it doesn't apply to you when you are at your desk at work.

Leave a comment:

• spokenword
    replied

Irrelevant to my point. I'm not there to evangelize. I'm there to worship with my people.
    So go and preach the Gospel does not apply to you when you fellowship with your brethren. Interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Open Heart
    replied
    Jesus said "No one can come to the Father but through Me." Are Jews exempt? How about unless you are Born Again no one will see heaven? Did Jesus mean everyone except for the Jewish people? Waiting for your answer.
    Irrelevant to my point. I'm not there to evangelize. I'm there to worship with my people.

Leave a comment:

• spokenword
    replied

Paul went to the Synagogues as a missionary. I'm not there as a missionary. I'm there to worship God with my fellow Jews. It would not behoove me to disrupt the prayers.
    Jesus said "No one can come to the Father but through Me." Are Jews exempt? How about unless you are Born Again no one will see heaven? Did Jesus mean everyone except for the Jewish people? Waiting for your answer.

Leave a comment:

• Open Heart
    replied
    Didn,t Paul go into the synagogues and preach the Gospel?
    Paul went to the Synagogues as a missionary. I'm not there as a missionary. I'm there to worship God with my fellow Jews. It would not behoove me to disrupt the prayers.

Leave a comment:

• spokenword
    replied
    I'm a little more controversial to those who know about me, since I'm both a Jew and a Christian, but I never bring up Jesus. When I'm at synagogue, I'm strictly there to worship as a Jew with fellow Jews.
    Didn,t Paul go into the synagogues and preach the Gospel?

Leave a comment:

• Open Heart
    replied
    Originally posted by American Gothic View Post

I find different lists that word them in different ways.
    Is there a list somewhere that you'd recommend for what you accept as the principles?
    They are all translated from the same text, so they can't be that different. Try reading several different ones, and see if you can't figure out what they are all trying to say. It's kind of like looking at three shades of yellow, and realizing that they are all yellow.

Here is the actual text and what I think is a very close translation: http://www.hebrew-streams.org/works/...rinciples.html

After reading that page carefully, I'd say the only principle that MJ's have difficulty with is #7, that Moses is the chief prophet, because it includes of those who came later.

As to God's unity, I believe the Oneness of God expressed in Trinitarianism is enough.

As to God's non-corporealness, we DO believe in this, actually, but it is when we speak of God as in referring to God the Father.
    Last edited by Open Heart; 03-16-18, 07:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X