Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Do you know the Power of God's Word?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you know the Power of God's Word?

I heard him say, the reason that the Jewish people don't believe in Jesus is because the Christian's worship an image of a man and say it is Jesus and that he is God.
    That is when the Lord revealed to me, that while The Word/His Son was manifested in the flesh, we are to worship no man made images of Jesus calling it God. However we are to adhere to The Word.
    Jesus is the Word, whom The Father made flesh for one purpose which was to die in our place to set the captives of sin and death free by paying their debt, then filling us with His Spirit to help us be overcomers of our flesh and no longer captive to our sin. To the Jew first, then to the Gentiles.
    Please listen to this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ8NjSpEmsE
    The purpose of my posts are not to cause bicker or division, but to show truth from the scripture for edifying of the soul. It does not matter what we think, it is what God's Word says that matters.

Christians worship a man as G-d, and the Christian beliefs as to who and what the messiah is different from Judaism. Worshiping an image is a different thing altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleT View Post
      Christians worship a man as G-d, and the Christian beliefs as to who and what the messiah is different from Judaism. Worshiping an image is a different thing altogether.
      I do not worship a man made image of anyone, as God, that is what I am trying to tell you. I understand that Jesus was The Word whom was with the Father since the beginning, and is the same Voice/Word of The LORD, whom came to the prophets of old, whom was made flesh. We are not to worship any man or thing as God, but wouldn't you agree that The Word of God is to be loved, honored and obeyed and in joining yourself to The LIFE, as God says that His Word is LIFE and His Spirit is LIFE for they are all of God whom is Spirit? How can one claim to love God, yet hate The Word of God?
      The Very Word and the Living Word that is to be in you to live by and ever between your eyes(thoughts and mind) and in your hands(works and deeds)? Yes, we are to love, honor and obey the Word of God and it was Lord Jesus who is the word of the LORD in the old testament, who came to father Abraham, and all of the prophets.

It says that all things were made by Jesus and without him was nothing made, I ask you, how does the Almighty Creator God create all things? With His Word is the answer!
      And who does the Bible say is The Word of God? It says that Jesus is the Word whom was made flesh, but he came as a man not to be worshipped, but to die in our place to pay for our sins and give a new covenant for the forgiveness of past sins and to give us of His Spirit to help us change so that we go and sin no more! When it says that the Word who came to the prophets, it calls him Lord GOD as in the Son of God, not LORD as in the Father Almighty. We do not worship the man, Jesus whom was made flesh, we worship the Father whom Lord Jesus told us to. But we do love, honor and obey Jesus who is the Living Word of God and it brings glory unto the Father when we love, honor and obey His Word/His Son/Lord God.
      Ask the LORD if I am telling you the truth about Jesus(in red).
      Gen 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

2 And Abram said, Lord GOD, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my house is this Eliezer of Damascus?

3 And Abram said, Behold, to me thou hast given no seed: and, lo, one born in my house is mine heir.

4 And, behold, the word of the LORD came unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir.
      KJV

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
      KJV

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
      KJV

1 John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

2(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us; )

3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.
      KJV
      The purpose of my posts are not to cause bicker or division, but to show truth from the scripture for edifying of the soul. It does not matter what we think, it is what God's Word says that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
        1 John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

2(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us; )

3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.
        KJV[/B]
        When having a discussion with a Jew, it makes no sense to quote from the NT since to them the NT is no different from the Koran. It is more effective to limit your quotes to the Tanakh (the OT), but even then you will need to remember that there will be cases that they interpret it different (especially in the area of the Christian messianic prophecies).

You also have to accept that Judaism is not Trinitarian. It emphasizes an Echad (oneness ) of God that is beyond all other unity and therefor incompatible with Trinitarianism. Where Christians believe that the Father is Spirit? Jews believe that God period is non-corporeal. Therefore to them it is incomprehensible that God would ever be a man such as Jesus.

If you want to make a reasoned argument why this is not the case, go for it. But simply making a proclomation without reasons is pretty worthless since it will convince no one -- it's just an irritation to Jews. Iow I'm not trying to discourage you from presenting the gospel. I'm encouraging you to present it in a better manner. Most Jews are familiar with the Christian need to share our religion. They'll either read your post, or skip it -- their decision.

Also, since your knowledge of Judaism is pretty low, just for the sake of understanding Christianity better, you might consider using this opportunity to ask questions politely aboout Judaism and learn a bit.

Shalom
        Open Heart, who loves the Lord.

For nothing is hidden that will not be made manifest, nor is anything secret that will not be known and come to light.

Comment

I do not worship a man made image of anyone, as God, that is what I am trying to tell you. I understand that Jesus was The Word whom was with the Father since the beginning, and is the same Voice/Word of The LORD, whom came to the prophets of old, whom was made flesh. We are not to worship any man or thing as God, but wouldn't you agree that The Word of God is to be loved, honored and obeyed and in joining yourself to The LIFE, as God says that His Word is LIFE and His Spirit is LIFE for they are all of God whom is Spirit? How can one claim to love God, yet hate The Word of God?
          afaithfulone, I was born and raised a Christian. When I started delving into the Tanach to settle issues I had with Christianity, I learned that Jesus is not the messiah, he is not G-d, and the NT is not the word of G-d. I learned about the G-d of Israel, I learned about Judaism, I learned about the Hebrew bible, and I came to the conclusion they are the truth. I am a convert to Judaism. So you can throw all the NT verses you want at me, and it is not going to make a bit of difference. I reject it and I reject Jesus. So how about we leave it at that? And you might listen to Open Hearts words, they are good advice.

Comment

afaithfulone, I was born and raised a Christian. When I started delving into the Tanach to settle issues I had with Christianity, I learned that Jesus is not the messiah, he is not G-d, and the NT is not the word of G-d. I learned about the G-d of Israel, I learned about Judaism, I learned about the Hebrew bible, and I came to the conclusion they are the truth. I am a convert to Judaism. So you can throw all the NT verses you want at me, and it is not going to make a bit of difference. I reject it and I reject Jesus. So how about we leave it at that? And you might listen to Open Hearts words, they are good advice.
            Sorry to hear that you have FALLEN AWAY from your faith in the Son of God as our Savior.
            Can I ask you, Do you agree that the Arm of the Almighty God, is His Word that He created all things by, for and through? If you don't, you should for when God sends forth His Word it accomplishes that which He sent it to do. The Word(The Christ of God/Lord Jesus) of the LORD was made flesh and dwelt among us, but we are to know him no more in the flesh. His body was not to be worshipped, but was only for the purpose of dying for all! He is in the clouds and will not come down to earth, the earthquake that will soon come to Jerusalem according to scripture, where God's feet will touch the ground, is not Jesus stepping in the flesh on the earth, but he is in the clouds and every eye is seeing the Judgments at the judgment seat of Christ and trees ripped up, hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, floods, storms volcanos etc... are coming from the Word of God whom is speaking out judgments upon the ungodly and all who are fearful not recognizing their God's awesome Works. We are not to worship any image that men call Jesus, they are idolatry because there is no likeness of Jesus in this earth. The closest thing to an image of God in this earth is HIS WORD/Scripture, for the Word was God speaking to us through His Son.
            2 Cor 5:15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.
            KJV

Do you also reject the mention of him in the Book of Isaiah?

Isaiah 53

53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
            2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
            3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
            4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
            5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
            6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
            8 He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
            9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
            10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

KJV

Comment

Sorry to hear that you have FALLEN AWAY from your faith in the Son of God as our Savior.
              Can I ask you, Do you agree that the Arm of the Almighty God, is His Word that He created all things by, for and through?
              May I suggest you learn some of the basics of Judaism before you continue? Asking him if he believes God created everything is pretty insulting considering that it was Jews that taught this to Christians. Again, I am NOT saying to stop sharing the gospel. I'm just saying that your MANNER makes a lot of pretty bad mistakes and not only will it be ineffective, but it will push Jews further away from the Messiah.

Christians should always have an attitude of humility when it comes to Jews. Jews are God's people, set apart as a priestly people. Romans 9:4 "Theirs is the adoption to sonship; theirs the divine glory, the covenants, the receiving of the law, the temple worship and the promises." Present tense.

Shalom
              Last edited by Open Heart; 05-15-18, 06:45 PM.

For nothing is hidden that will not be made manifest, nor is anything secret that will not be known and come to light.

Comment

Originally posted by Open Heart View Post
                May I suggest you learn some of the basics of Judaism before you continue? Asking him if he believes God created everything is pretty insulting considering that it was Jews that taught this to Christians. Again, I am NOT saying to stop sharing the gospel. I'm just saying that your MANNER makes a lot of pretty bad mistakes and not only will it be ineffective, but it will push Jews further away from the Messiah.

Christians should always have an attitude of humility when it comes to Jews. Jews are God's people, set apart as a priestly people. Romans 9:4 "Theirs is the adoption to sonship; theirs the divine glory, the covenants, the receiving of the law, the temple worship and the promises." Present tense.

Shalom
                Open Heart,
                First of all, my post is to show Jews that they do not have to worry about worshipping man made images of a flesh man (Jesus) as God which is one of the main reasons that Jews can not accept Jesus, because most Christians have images or at least when they see one of these, they IMMEDIATELY recognize it as an image of Jesus, yet none of them are Jesus, they are idolatry that man has made up. While The Word of God was made flesh, we are to know him no more in the flesh as a man such as a picture, statue or painting, stained glass or otherwise, but as The spiritual Word that comes to us and is in us, if we have the Spirit.

Besides, You should see that he never said that he was born a Jew, he said he was born and raised a Christian who converted to Judaism out of his disbelief in the NT. I was not meaning to insult anyone, I was confirming that I know he believes that God created all things. I was asking him to recognize how the Bible says God creates.. with His Word, And that the Bible says that Jesus is the The Word of God whom was made flesh, he is also called the Hand of God, Arm of God ,Word of God, Voice of God ,Son of God, The Bread of life, the Word of life that was manifested unto us and I was referring to the OT at scriptures that he should be able to accept, since they are not of the NT which he can not receive as Truth(Thy Word, Oh LORD, is Truth) I am sorry that my Matter of fact-ly approach, is not the soothing, tickling the ear approach that most want to hear. Truth is not saying things that man wants to hear to their destruction, it is saying it like it is to their salvation.
                I do always believe that Jew first and then the Gentile, however when a Christian who turns to Judaism believing they have become a Jew, if they be fleshly circumcised, they have now put them selves under the WHOLE LAW 613 and Christ is of no value to them now. And those who are truly walking in faith are also Jews of the promise through Christ of which I am.

Matt 12:48 But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?

49 And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!

50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.
                KJV

Last edited by afaithfulone4u; 05-17-18, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Here are some more scriptures of value about the people of God. Keep in mind, there was no such thing as a Jew before Abraham, a Chaldean, began to follow God forsaking all his carnal family even Ishmael who was of the flesh, and not the promised son Isaac, that Christ would come through. When our motherland is Jerusalem rather earthly of the carnal, or heavenly Jerusalem which is a True Believer's motherland, then they are Jews/God's people. We are to cast the natural Jews who are of the covenant of mount.Sinai of earthly Jerusalem NOW under bondage in the motherland, out of their covenant of destruction because no man can in his own power keep the whole law and will be judged accordingly, Without the Spirit of God in them and you can not receive the Spirit of Truth without repentance and turning to Christ who is the Word of Truth, to live by. God has not cast the natural Jew away, they too are able to turn to Christ and be saved! We are indebted to them, for because of their unbelief, we were grafted into the tree of life in the household of God. Now it is our work to return the favor and extend them the gospel of the Kingdom of God that Jesus taught.

Rom 2:25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

26 Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?

27 And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?

28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
                  KJV

Gal 4:21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?

22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.

23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.

31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

KJV

Gal 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.

3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth anything, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.
                  KJV

Comment

I really don't have anything to say to you afaithfulone. I'm not getting into the missionary/anti-missionary routine. I know all about Isaiah 53, thank you very much.
                    I would never attempt to dissuade you from your false beliefs, so how about you give me the same consideration? End of story.
                    Besides, this is the Judaism forum....not the attempttoconvertJews forum.

Comment

I really don't have anything to say to you afaithfulone. I'm not getting into the missionary/anti-missionary routine. I know all about Isaiah 53, thank you very much.
                      I would never attempt to dissuade you from your false beliefs, so how about you give me the same consideration? End of story.
                      Besides, this is the Judaism forum....not the attempttoconvertJews forum.
                      I am not trying to convert Jews, I am trying to save Jewish souls by bringing them into their new covenant that God promised them, because Jesus is the Messiah and said, YOU must be born again!
                      Man is full of sin and if we don't change our ways, to God's ways, then we will suffer in the next life in the resurrection. We can not change within our own self, God's Spirit must write the Word upon our hearts so that we become DOER'S of the Word, not just hearer's only, which changes no one only to read it... We must allow the Word to dwell in us.

Jer 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.
                      KJV

Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

KJV

Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace
                      ;

16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God
                      ;

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

KJV

Comment

No need to repeat.

Comment

their covenant of destruction
                          Their covenant of destruction??? You believe that God delivered Israel from bondage only to give her a covenant of destruction? What does that say about the sort of God that would do such a thing? Think about it.

Comment

I am not trying to convert Jews, I am trying to save Jewish souls
                            Self contradictory.

Comment

It says everything about people, their fallen nature, and the condition of their hearts.
                              Last edited by American Gothic; 05-18-18, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X