Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

discuss Jesus's mentioning of the awaited Comforter. who I believe is now among us

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maloney View Post
    Jesus said: (But now I am going to him who sent me; and not one of you says to me, where you are going? But your hearts are full of sorrow because I have said these things. But what I am saying is true: my going is for your good: for if I do not go away, the Comforter will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. And he, when he comes, will convict the world is respect of sin, and of righteousness, and of being judged: Of sin, because they have not faith in me; Of righteousness, because I go to the Father and you will see me no more; Of being judged, because the ruler of this world has been judged). John: Chapter 16.

I believe he is here and his name is Ahmed Al Hassan.
    And you'd be DEAD WRONG, of course.

You ARE right about ONE thing, however, the Comforter IS Here, and HAS BEEN since the Resurrection.

He's the HOLY SPIRIT. Not some Iraqi Politician with delusions of grandeur.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come.
    14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall show it unto you.
    15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall show it unto you.
    Last edited by Bob Carabbio; 06-02-15, 05:47 PM.

Comment

thanks for all the write ups

Ade Muamaah Junior

Comment

n/p
        Last edited by Bob Carabbio; 08-25-15, 05:29 PM.

Comment

I believe this topic is too complicated to resolve without agreeing WHO the One True God really is.
          Many say, "God is a mystery, incapable of clear identification."

I am only thinking, is GOD too strict as to distance HIMSELF from the people HE loves?
          Is not "love perfected" by mutual identification"?
          Last edited by grigoryamitai; 05-03-16, 04:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by grigoryamitai View Post
            I believe this topic is too complicated to resolve without agreeing WHO the One True God really is.
            Many say, "God is a mystery, incapable of clear identification."

I am only thinking, is GOD too strict as to distance HIMSELF from the people HE loves?
            Is not "love perfected" by mutual identification"?
            On the assumption that we all believe what is "written in the Holy Bible", then we must also accept that there are actually "3 meanings or connotations contained on the WRITTEN WORDS of God".

1. The "letter" or literal meaning with which the Holy Bible is expressed in the respective "language or dialect of the readers". Example: God created EVE, representing mankind on the 6th day of creation.

2. The "physical" or material inference perceived by the senses. Can EVE/mankind already in the present physical/material form as we are today? Can this be proven with physical evidence?

3. The "spiritual" or "intended message" of God for the salvation of the SOUL. Can "human wisdom" encroach on this exclusive function of God?

Another assumption that we have to agree, do we all accept that the primary purpose of GOD in giving us His WORDS is the "salvation of the SOUL"?

Then let us not use "human wisdom" or the use of the "intellect and feeling" that in the eyes of GOD "we belong to the following category of people".

In the OLD TESTAMENT:

Isa 28:9 (KJV or Authorized Version of 1611) Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.

Note the punctuation mark of the verse, it is period (.) not question mark (?), as many Bible translations render it.
            This means, God endows "divine knowledge" not to LITERAL babes or suckling, but to adults who know nothing but to simply depend on God.
            This is a great revelation regarding the word of God that many Bible believers cannot accept. This is written in the following;

Psa 78:2 I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old:
            Eze 20:49 Then said I, Ah Lord GOD! they say of me, Doth he not speak parables?

In the NEW TESTAMENT

Mat 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Luk 10:21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.

Jas 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
            Jas 1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
            Jas 1:7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
            Jas 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
            Last edited by grigoryamitai; 05-03-16, 03:09 PM.

Comment

I went through this a while back. I thought it was clearly the Holy Spirit

Comment

Am I correct all of us here on this Thread believe what is written about the “original sin” or the “sin of Eve”?

Then, allow me to discuss this subject for I believe this will contribute much to the resolution “why people believing in the Holy Bible cannot agree with each other”.

Further assuming that “ONLY GOD can expound on “His intended message” from His words for the “salvation of the SOUL”.

Then, allow me to discuss the “SIN OF EVE” since, I suppose we accept her “fall” caused “our FALL”.

The TEMPTATION:

Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

** “serpent” – symbolizes the Devil

The three (3) kinds of “trees” in the “garden”

Genesis_2:9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

** “garden" or ground” - symbolizes MAN

Genesis_2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground

FIRST kind - “tree pleasant to the sight, and good for food" (this symbolizes the BODY consisting of our senses, etc.)

SECOND kind – “tree of life” (this symbolizes the SPIRIT of God)

THIRD kind – “tree of knowledge of good and evil” (symbolizes our SOUL whose attributes are the “intellect and feeling” also called “human wisdom”

Purpose of TEMPTATION

For “EVE” (we to use our “intellect and feeling” to know good and evil, very clearly refers to “human wisdom”. With “human wisdom” can we deny that we have "our respective standard of good and evil” different from the “standard of GOD”?

Thus:

Romans 10:2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.
                Romans 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

Eve succumbed to the “temptation”. We are all witnesses to the FALL, for we cannot deny it. We have our own respectivestandard of good and evil.

Hence, with the FALL we have “different ways of “salvation”, because the "tree of life" or SPIRIT of God was taken from us.

(To be continued)
                Last edited by grigoryamitai; 05-04-16, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by grigoryamitai View Post
                  Am I correct all of us here on this Thread believe what is written about the “original sin” or the “sin of Eve”?

Then, allow me to discuss this subject for I believe this will contribute much to the resolution “why people believing in the Holy Bible cannot agree with each other”.

Further assuming that “ONLY GOD can expound on “His intended message” from His words for the “salvation of the SOUL”.

Then, allow me to discuss the “SIN OF EVE” since, I suppose we accept her “fall” caused “our FALL”.

The TEMPTATION:

Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

** “serpent” – symbolizes the Devil

The three (3) kinds of “trees” in the “garden”

Genesis_2:9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

** “garden" or ground” - symbolizes MAN

Genesis_2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground

FIRST kind - “tree pleasant to the sight, and good for food" (this symbolizes the BODY consisting of our senses, etc.)

SECOND kind – “tree of life” (this symbolizes the SPIRIT of God)

THIRD kind – “tree of knowledge of good and evil” (symbolizes our SOUL whose attributes are the “intellect and feeling” also called “human wisdom”

Purpose of TEMPTATION

For “EVE” (we to use our “intellect and feeling” to know good and evil, very clearly refers to “human wisdom”. With “human wisdom” can we deny that we have "our respective standard of good and evil” different from the “standard of GOD”?

Thus:

Romans 10:2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.
                  Romans 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

Eve succumbed to the “temptation”. We are all witnesses to the FALL, for we cannot deny it. We have our own respectivestandard of good and evil.

Hence, with the FALL we have “different ways of “salvation”, because the "tree of life" or SPIRIT of God was taken from us.

(To be continued)
                  Let us note we are free to use our "intellect and feeling" or "human wisdom" on matters pertaining to our "physical life", in politics, economics, scientific and other matters for our physical well being. Very clear there is a distinction between "physical life" that ends in the grave and "spiritual life" that either ends in "hell" or in "heaven".

In "spiritual matters" HUMAN WISDOM is condemned:

In the Old Testament:

Jer_17:5 Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man...
                  Prov 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In the New Testament;

1 Cor 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
                  1 Cor 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
                  1 Cor 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God...

To put it plainly, as if in the eyes of God we, the people are "sick of human wisdom" without knowing it. How can we trek the way to "eternal life with God" if we are "spiritually sick"? Clearly, this is PRIDE that originated from Lucifer.

How can GOD heal us from this "spiritual sickness"?

In the Old Testament:

Prov 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart...

In the New Testament:

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
                  James1:6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
                  James 1:7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
                  James 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

(To be continued)
                  Last edited by grigoryamitai; 05-06-16, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Jesus Christ is God and he came to the earth in the flesh as the spirits of God testify

Comment

The Holy spirit which entwines itself into the children of God who accept the free gift of life. Yay

Comment

Working...
                      X