Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

Edited to add more information for posters:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

What means this? II Cor 4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What means this? II Cor 4

2 Corinthians 4 King James Version (KJV)

4 Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;

2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
    It does not help much to dwell on those things you did or did not do in the past. At the time, you did the very best you could, given your knowledge, and experience.

It means someone is blinded. modern Christians have their traditions which have morphed through the ages until what we have today which looks nothing like the church that Christ established. How do they know they are right? If they refuse to ask God, is that not someone forcing their hand? Is that not someone guiding them opposite of what the scriptures tell us to do? Is that not being guided by the person in front of you and neither looking to the left or right having no idea where you are going? (I've asked. modern Christians have no idea where they are going - except that it will be good) - That is blind. When the person in front falls off the cliff because the person in front of them fell, just pray the rope breaks... doh. wait. don't pray. I forgot.
    "...for now is our salvation nearer to us than when we believed." Romans 13:11 -- What else must be done to move past belief? Faith is belief in action. It is works unto salvation.

Comment

huh?

Do LDS believes that their god is the god of this world?
      It does not help much to dwell on those things you did or did not do in the past. At the time, you did the very best you could, given your knowledge, and experience.

Comment

Originally posted by BrotherofJared View Post
        It means someone is blinded. modern Christians have their traditions which have morphed through the ages until what we have today which looks nothing like the church that Christ established. How do they know they are right? If they refuse to ask God, is that not someone forcing their hand? Is that not someone guiding them opposite of what the scriptures tell us to do? Is that not being guided by the person in front of you and neither looking to the left or right having no idea where you are going? (I've asked. modern Christians have no idea where they are going - except that it will be good) - That is blind. When the person in front falls off the cliff because the person in front of them fell, just pray the rope breaks... doh. wait. don't pray. I forgot.
        Did you ask The True God is the "god of this world" who you should look to in your prayers?

Seem as if you tend to avoid the OP and instead rant and rave about what you perceive as moderns Christians.

Comment

Seems if modern Christianity has morphed into something not true, why does the Book Of Mormon agree more with Traditional Christianity than Mormonism
          And inasmuch as mine enemies come against you ... ye shall curse them; And whomsoever ye curse, I will curse, and ye shall avenge me of mine enemies (Doctrine and Covenants, 103:24-25)

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Marsh View Post
            2 Corinthians 4 King James Version (KJV)

4 Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;

2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
            It means that Satan does his best to rule over the desires of man and blind us to our God. He is the "god" of this world for now. He tries to keep us from the strait and narrow path that leads to God and salvation.
            "But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect” 1 Peter 3:15

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Marsh View Post
              huh?

Do LDS believes that their god is the god of this world?
              I don't see where this applies to my statement.
              "...for now is our salvation nearer to us than when we believed." Romans 13:11 -- What else must be done to move past belief? Faith is belief in action. It is works unto salvation.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesone5 View Post

Did you ask The True God is the "god of this world" who you should look to in your prayers?

Seem as if you tend to avoid the OP and instead rant and rave about what you perceive as moderns Christians.
                Nope. It's not a perception. It's an observation.

Comment

Originally posted by Lishka View Post

It means that Satan does his best to rule over the desires of man and blind us to our God. He is the "god" of this world for now. He tries to keep us from the strait and narrow path that leads to God and salvation.
                  True. There is a path which leads to God and salvation. It is strait and narrow. Look at the path modern Christians are on. Is it strait and narrow? Nope. It appears that the only way one can be on that path is if modern Christians say they can. Because what they say is necessary turns out not to be so unless they say it is so. Confess Christ. Believe, unless ur Mormon and in some ******* circles, unless ur Catholic.

If it is believe in Christ and confess him as ur Savior, then the work is done. Mormons are saved. But it this not so... Very sad indeed.

Comment

Nope. It's not a perception. It's an observation.
                    Well, it's my observation that some here spend more time complaining about how the perceive they are being treated rather than on the issues that count--mainly doctrines and beliefs.

I will ask you again: Did you ask The True God is the "god of this world" who you should look to in your prayers?

Comment

Well, it's my observation that some here spend more time complaining about how the perceive they are being treated rather than on the issues that count--mainly doctrines and beliefs.

I will ask you again: Did you ask The True God is the "god of this world" who you should look to in your prayers?
                      Why would anyone ask God if they should look to Satan??
                      "But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect” 1 Peter 3:15

Comment

Then lets not talk about them.

I don't see how your question even remotely applies to my statement. The only place where I said anything about "asking", I didn't say who I asked, but to clear that up. I asked modern Christians and they don't know the answer. They have no idea where they are going.

The question is stupid. Basically, it is saying, did I ask God if I should direct my prayers to Satan. It is a question completely void of intelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by Lishka View Post

Why would anyone ask God if they should look to Satan??
                          Exactly!

Comment

Then lets not talk about them.

I don't see how your question even remotely applies to my statement. The only place where I said anything about "asking", I didn't say who I asked, but to clear that up. I asked modern Christians and they don't know the answer. They have no idea where they are going.

The question is stupid. Basically, it is saying, did I ask God if I should direct my prayers to Satan. It is a question completely void of intelligence.
                            While we are on the subject---So is it a stupid prayer to ask God "is this BoM true?" from a book that already has established truth by some guy named Moroni who may or may not be a fictional character..

Instead He directs a truth-seeker to humbly read what is considered His Word [the Bible] to find His Truths. But then. Mormons have already got in the way of that aspect because of their mistrust of His Word [again specifically the Bible

And if you had bothered to read most of the posts----satan is not a God from The True God's perspective, but people can make him very much their God--wittingly or unwittingly.

Comment

Working...
                            X