Rest For Your Souls

We have a comprehensive tradition of prayer, Scripture and the Saints who model the peace of Christ all interwoven into Catholic life.
But not based on the traditon of prayer, scripture by the apostles who certainly modelled the peace of Christ, whereas your so called saints modelled their lives on men. There is a major difference.

We have a comprehensive tradition of prayer, Scripture and the Saints who model the peace of Christ all interwoven into Catholic life.
So, in answer to the OP question, you specify that the Roman Catholic priests instructions for finding peace in the soul is dependance upon the RCC's "comprehensive tradition of prayer, Scripture and the Saints who model the peace of Christ all interwoven into Roman Catholic life." However, I'm wondering why there is absolutely no mention of Christ's deliverance from every fear, or that Christ can fullfill the supply of every want.

So, in answer to the OP question, you specify that the Roman Catholic priests instructions for finding peace in the soul is dependance upon the RCC's "comprehensive tradition of prayer, Scripture and the Saints who model the peace of Christ all interwoven into Roman Catholic life." However, I'm wondering why there is absolutely no mention of Christ's deliverance from every fear, or that Christ can fullfill the supply of every want.
Does your religion make use of hymns as prayers for different purposes? This is just one example of how prayer, Scripture and tradition sooth a soul.

Oh, you noticed....shame on you, RayneBeau, for doing so. :)

But Jesus Himself said "Peace I give you; NOT as the world gives it, but as I give it."

As HE gives it--not the RCC.

Have you ever wondered how and why it is that the rest you at times will enjoy, is so often lost?
So often lost? We aren't guaranteed of freedom from trials as Christians but we draw on the grace of perseverance in trials. I'm reminded of the recent Advent season where one of the Sundays is dedicated to Gaudete in Domino semper, or “Rejoice in the Lord always” (Phil 4:4,5). That's marked by rose colored vestments and the rose candle. It's an important reminder of the words of Paul to the Philippians and of course to all the faithful...

Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice.

4:5 Let your gentleness be known to everyone. The Lord is near.

4:6 Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

4:7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

4:8 Finally, beloved, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is pleasing, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

4:9 Keep on doing the things that you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, and the God of peace will be with you.

I have noticed that RCs love to turn to perserving and suffering as if it is hard for us to overcome life. But life happens to all humans and it is hard for all humans. But with Jesus we have help to perserve and a comforter which others do not have. We are blessed because we are real believers. I do not understand how people cope with life when they do not know Jesus.

Jesus is clear He is there with us.

Matt 11:30

For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Heb 13:5

Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.

2 Cor 1:3+

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

Matt 5:4

Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted

4:6 Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
It's perfectly Scriptural to look to Christians further along the path, to imitate (1 Cor 11 1) and perfectly Scriptural to recognise a literal Church with leadership authority to guide us. (Heb 13 17)
You let your requests known to God and not to Mary as imitated in 1Cor 11:1 and guided by Heb 13:17?

Back