What its like being LDS, inside.

Are you calling me a liar Richard?
I never have called anyone a liar.... what it means is that all of us will answer for every word we speak.. so like me, it's between I, you and our Maker. Do you have a complaint, you know how to process it here at CARM... chuckle.

I never have called anyone a liar.... what it means is that all of us will answer for every word we speak.. so like me, it's between I, you and our Maker. Do you have a complaint, you know how to process it here at CARM... chuckle.
Ah...so you must have been suspended? If that's true I had nothing to do with that. As I've stated before, I don't care if you follow the rules because I'm not a mod and if you were reported for something you wrote it wasn't by me.

Ah...so you must have been suspended? If that's true I had nothing to do with that. As I've stated before, I don't care if you follow the rules because I'm not a mod and if you were reported for something you wrote it wasn't by me.
I never said I was suspended, just maybe a forced vacation.. chuckle. Well then you are being upright and truthful... right? Do you believe we all will be judged for every word we speak if we haven't repented... ?

I never said I was suspended, just maybe a forced vacation.. chuckle. Well then you are being upright and truthful... right? Do you believe we all will be judged for every word we speak if we haven't repented... ?
I have no need to mislead nor lie Richard. I don't care if you follow the rules or don't. That's up to you, to decide what your conduct will be here.

I have no need to mislead nor lie Richard. I don't care if you follow the rules or don't. That's up to you, to decide what your conduct will be here.
Interesting that so many other Christians here on this forum do try to mislead by quoting unreliable sources... do you think they should be held to a higher law if they use misinformation and know it... hmm

Interesting that so many other Christians here on this forum do try to mislead by quoting unreliable sources... do you think they should be held to a higher law if they use misinformation and know it... hmm
What unreliable resources are you talking about and why do you consider them unreliable, because they contradict your religious belief system?

James 4:17 If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them.

Last edited:
What unreliable resources are you talking about and why do you consider them unreliable, because they contradict your religious belief system?

James 4:17 If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them.
No not because it contradict; but for the the known lies they promote... there it is good buddy, Christians on this forum promote misinformation, disinformation, second and third hand accounts that have been verified to be lies... so good buddy, this forum on Mormonism is filled with misleading sources and ambiguous unclear criticism... and mocking and ridiculing our religion...

You can claim that
I'm not only claiming it. It's a fact. Words have meaning. If you don't know the meaning of a word, then use an English dictionary.
and I'm certain other Mormons agree wholeheartedly, but within Christianity your religious belief system is not considered Christian
Well, lucky for us, we don't need your approval to be Christian.
but a cult, a false religion and there's nothing you can do to change that.
none of that matters, like your opinion. It doesn't matter what you think. The entire Christian world can agree with you and it won't change the meaning of the word. This is the problem with mainstream Christianity. They think they have a corner on the market over who will get into heaven, who can be called a Christian and what the Bible text means. Don't bother reading it. Just ask lastday here...
LOL. Facts bother you, don't they?
I just told you why. I know you don't care what other mainstream Christians believe, but that's the exact problem I'm pointing out. Here's a list of what you guys can agree on

1. Mormons are wrong (probably the foremost reason)
2. Mormons worship another Jesus (which makes no sense because there is only one Jesus)
3. For all other debates, see number 1.

Everything else is up for grabs.

So sorry, the dictionary just doesn't agree with your definition of a Christian. Look it up. I did.
You're wrong.
Prove it.
There is nothing to stick, no common ground between the Mormon cult and Christianity.
That's the problem. Because you claim there's no common ground, doesn't mean there isn't. It's just YOU and a few like you. Your time could be better spent elsewhere but you choose to come here and help water the plants. That tells people a lot about you all. All organizations are cults. That's in the dictionary too. Look it up. It'll help you a lot when communicating with other English speakers. If you just want to jabber with other mainstream Christians who agree with your definitions, that's cool too, but in this forum, there are non-mainstream Christians who actually use the English dictionary to determine the meaning of words.

Do you know the reason why the dictionary has such a broad definition of the word Christian? It's because none of you agree on anything except a belief in the Bible and to claim you are following its teachings (even that, none of us can agree on). That's why it's so broad. That's what we do. That's what you guys are supposed to or are claiming to do. On that note, and that note only, do we have common ground. Even if you don't like it, it remains a fact

2. Mormons worship another Jesus (which makes no sense because there is only one Jesus)
Really...

LDS President Hinkley stated: “In bearing testimony of Jesus Christ, President Hinckley spoke of those outside the Church who say Latter-day Saints ‘do not believe in the traditional Christ.’ ‘No, I don’t. The traditional Christ of whom they speak is not the Christ of whom I speak. For the Christ of whom I speak has been revealed in this the Dispensation of the Fullness of Times. He together with His Father, appeared to the boy Joseph Smith in the year 1820, and when Joseph left the grove that day, he knew more of the nature of God than all the learned ministers of the gospel of the ages.'”
(LDS Church News Week ending June 20, 1998, p. 7).

Really...

LDS President Hinkley stated: “In bearing testimony of Jesus Christ, President Hinckley spoke of those outside the Church who say Latter-day Saints ‘do not believe in the traditional Christ.’ ‘No, I don’t. The traditional Christ of whom they speak is not the Christ of whom I speak. For the Christ of whom I speak has been revealed in this the Dispensation of the Fullness of Times. He together with His Father, appeared to the boy Joseph Smith in the year 1820, and when Joseph left the grove that day, he knew more of the nature of God than all the learned ministers of the gospel of the ages.'”
(LDS Church News Week ending June 20, 1998, p. 7).
LOL. Yea. I knew this would be coming. This totally goes over your head, doesn't it? The nice thing is, we don't go around announcing like you all do. We're perfectly willing to accept the English definition, even if you guys haven't got a clue what the Bible teaches, much less who Jesus in it, is. At least, you're trying and we give you credit for that.

No not because it contradict; but for the the known lies they promote... there it is good buddy, Christians on this forum promote misinformation, disinformation, second and third hand accounts that have been verified to be lies... so good buddy, this forum on Mormonism is filled with misleading sources and ambiguous unclear criticism... and mocking and ridiculing our religion...
Ok...please...I'm not your "good buddy" so please stop calling me that.

LOL. Yea. I knew this would be coming. This totally goes over your head, doesn't it? The nice thing is, we don't go around announcing like you all do. We're perfectly willing to accept the English definition, even if you guys haven't got a clue what the Bible teaches, much less who Jesus in it, is. At least, you're trying and we give you credit for that.
Well, seems your claim that you don't worship a different Jesus is wrong given Hinkley's proclamation so there is that...

Yep. As I expected. Another 747 syndrome, right over your head. But that's okay. One day, you'll know
It's interesting, even when I'm quoting your own leaders you refuse to acknowledge that you, as a Mormon, worship a different Jesus. At least I have the courage to state the obvious, even as you continue being disrespectful and avoid the quotes. Sad for you.

"And virtually all the millions of apostate Christendom have abased themselves before the mythical throne of Christ."
Apostle Bruce McConkie, Mormon Doctrine 269

It is true that many of the Christian churches worship a different Jesus than is worshipped by the Mormons..."
Bernard P. Brockbank, Member of the Seventy, Ensign May 1977: 26

It's interesting, even when I'm quoting your own leaders you refuse to acknowledge that you, as a Mormon, worship a different Jesus
What's interesting, is that you don't understand that his statement points out that you all are not worshiping the Jesus of the Bible. We are. And even though we recognize that difference, we accept that you think you're worshiping the Jesus of the Bible and according to the dictionary definition of a Christian, that's all that is required. As such, we're both still Christians. Pres Hinkley's comment has nothing to do with the definition of a Christian.
At least I have the courage to state the obvious
I don't think you are. I think you don't know what just happened.
even as you continue being disrespectful and avoid the quotes. Sad for you.
You don't know what just happened. This is so over your head, even when it's been spelled out and you think you can sit in judgment? That's a laugh. I pointed out that it is your claim that we worship a different Jesus, but to us and according to the dictionary, it doesn't matter. Even though Pres Hinckley, pointed out that you all do, in fact, worship a Jesus that doesn't exist in the Bible, we understand that we're all still Christian because we all profess to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ (that's the dictionary definition, btw). Your argument is moot. It doesn't fit anywhere in the English language. Sure, you can float your claims about what a Christian is around your buddies in your church and they'll all agree, but that doesn't make it true.
"And virtually all the millions of apostate Christendom have abased themselves before the mythical throne of Christ."
Apostle Bruce McConkie, Mormon Doctrine 269

It is true that many of the Christian churches worship a different Jesus than is worshipped by the Mormons..."
Bernard P. Brockbank, Member of the Seventy, Ensign May 1977: 26
Yep, and none of that prevents you from being a Christian. We've never said you aren't Christian. That's your argument, not ours. I don't know if you understand that. I'll try to summarize it.

You all claim that because we worship another Jesus, we're not Christians. That's your argument.

Our claim is that according to the English language, a Christian professes to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ. That would include all of us, your religions and ours, regardless of doctrine or what we believe Jesus actually taught.

We agree. You do worship a different Jesus, but that doesn't make you non-Christian and it doesn't make you any more a cult than it does us.

What's interesting, is that you don't understand that his statement points out that you all are not worshiping the Jesus of the Bible. We are. And even though we recognize that difference, we accept that you think you're worshiping the Jesus of the Bible and according to the dictionary definition of a Christian, that's all that is required. As such, we're both still Christians. Pres Hinkley's comment has nothing to do with the definition of a Christian.

I don't think you are. I think you don't know what just happened.

You don't know what just happened. This is so over your head, even when it's been spelled out and you think you can sit in judgment? That's a laugh. I pointed out that it is your claim that we worship a different Jesus, but to us and according to the dictionary, it doesn't matter. Even though Pres Hinckley, pointed out that you all do, in fact, worship a Jesus that doesn't exist in the Bible, we understand that we're all still Christian because we all profess to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ (that's the dictionary definition, btw). Your argument is moot. It doesn't fit anywhere in the English language. Sure, you can float your claims about what a Christian is around your buddies in your church and they'll all agree, but that doesn't make it true.

Yep, and none of that prevents you from being a Christian. We've never said you aren't Christian. That's your argument, not ours. I don't know if you understand that. I'll try to summarize it.

You all claim that because we worship another Jesus, we're not Christians. That's your argument.

Our claim is that according to the English language, a Christian professes to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ. That would include all of us, your religions and ours, regardless of doctrine or what we believe Jesus actually taught.

We agree. You do worship a different Jesus, but that doesn't make you non-Christian and it doesn't make you any more a cult than it does us.
  1. Cults and sects usually claim to be biblically based, Christian organizations. For example, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS) maintains that it is a Christian church centered on Christ and His teachings. The Christian Science church also often refers to itself as a Christian movement.
  2. All cults deny or redefine any or all essential Christian doctrines. Jehovah’s Witnesses, for instance, absolutely deny the deity of Jesus Christ. The LDS redefines the Trinity to mean the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are three separate personages or gods.
  3. Sects may adhere officially to essential Christian teachings while exhibiting other characteristics of cults or sects. The International Church of Christ, for example, adheres to traditional views about God and Christ, but members regard their movement as the only one proclaiming the true message of salvation today.
  4. Cults and sects usually claim to be led by divinely inspired leaders. They usually believe their leaders are capable of receiving direct revelation from God or have a special, inspired understanding of the Bible. One example is Rev. Sun Myung Moon, founder and leader of the Unification Church. His followers regard him as “Lord of the Second Advent,” a position equal to that of Christ. The LDS believes its president is a “living prophet, seer, and revelator” who can receive direct revelation from God (Daniel H. Ludlow, ed., Encyclopedia of Mormonism, Vol. 3 [New York: Macmillan Publishing Company, 1992], p. 1126).
  5. Cults and sects usually claim to possess a new and inspired written scripture that supplements or supersedes the authority of the Bible. Christian Science teaches that Mary Baker Eddy’s Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures is an inspired adjunct to the Bible. Likewise, Scientologists regard the writings of L. Ron Hubbard as the works of a genius who discovered the keys to understanding life and death. Add to this the Mormon BoM, PoGP and D&C.
  6. Cults and sects usually claim to be the only true (or the most true) church in the world. Full salvation is said to be found only by membership in the movement. Jehovah’s Witnesses, for instance, regard all other religious organizations as devoid of truth. In their view, only their Watchtower Bible and Tract Society has the truth that leads to eternal life. The LDS teaches that eternal life (exaltation) can be achieved only by being a baptized member of the LDS church.

I call everyone good buddy...
Please don't call me "good buddy".
is it a bad pronoun,
Only God is good and we are not buddies. We may interact, anonymously, on the internet, but beyond that we have no familiarity.
or is that now being censored like everything else you liberals are promoting...
And still your intent on attacking my character by making false assumptions of who I am sets the tone for how I perceive you. As I have stated before I will take this into consideration when interacting with you.

Last edited:
Please don't call me "good buddy".
Are you not good, my greeting is not offensive in the least, to many liberals to day get offended for the slightest reasons... and then they wish not to debate like you but would rather shut you down with a wave of your hand... like I said, you're not here to debate, you are here to preach your own beliefs... maybe you're on the wrong forum... ya think?

Only God is good and we are not buddies. We may interact, anonymously, on the internet, but beyond that we have no familiarity.

Keep preaching God is good but for heaven sake don't come there to debate, you can't and won't... chuckle.

And still your intent on attacking my character by making false assumptions of who I am sets the tone for how I perceive you. As I have stated before I will take this into consideration when interacting with you.
Please for my sake and your sake, don't reply to any of my comments, I just as frustrated as you since there never is any debating with you.

Are you not good,
No one is good but God.
my greeting is not offensive in the least,
I don't appreciate your taking the liberty to call me "good buddy". As I stated before, please, in the future, don't call me "good buddy".
to many liberals to day get offended for the slightest reasons...
And that applies to me how?
and then they wish not to debate like you but would rather shut you down with a wave of your hand...
As I have told you before, I will answer what I will answer. You have no control of what I debate or don't debate. This is a free to use forum and if I choose to not discuss topics that have been covered, ad infinitum, that is my decision and not dependent upon your approval or disapproval.
like I said, you're not here to debate, you are here to preach your own beliefs... maybe you're on the wrong forum... ya think?
See my comment above. But let me reiterate, my decision is not dependent upon your approval or disapproval.
Keep preaching God is good but for heaven sake don't come there to debate, you can't and won't... chuckle.
See my comment above.
Please for my sake and your sake, don't reply to any of my comments, I just as frustrated as you since there never is any debating with you.
My sake? I am not the one who is claiming to be frustrated Richard. Perhaps, as you recommended above, "maybe you're on the wrong forum..." if what I respond to, or don't respond to, makes you frustrated.

Back