Nine out of 10 Illinois sheriffs WILL NOT ENFORCE new gun law

Huh?
How do "people" get a voice on law enforcement if lone wolf sheriffs decide they will not follow laws duly passed by elected representatives?
Lower level govt officials can decide to not follow state or local laws?
The Amendment to the Constitution gives you the right to expresss your lone wolf ultra liberal opinions.

Why? If they're not supposed to determine how to follow the Constitution, then how is it just to hold them accountable for violating it?

We're not talking about what laws they follow, but what laws they enforce.
If they refuse to follow the law, or choose not to enforce laws in effect, they should be held accountable.

I note you did not reply to the rest of my post about the text of the Heller decision, and about the anarchy that would ensue if sheriffs could just ignore laws passed by legislatures or court decisions.

I note you did not reply to the rest of my post about the text of the Heller decision
That's a very astute observation. I find It interesting that you are more interested in arguing about weather or not you took something out of context, than you are about the substance of what you posted.

I have already said why won't you post it does not say what you think it says, and that is sufficient.
, and about the anarchy that would ensue if sheriffs could just ignore laws passed by legislatures or court decisions.
Actually, I did address it. I said you were ignorant of the meaning of anarchy meaning of anarchy. Anarchy refers to the absence of laws or a governing body. It has nothing to do with the obligation of a sheriff to follow the It has nothing to do with the obligation of a sheriff to follow the Constitution.

That's a very astute observation. I find It interesting that you are more interested in arguing about weather or not you took something out of context, than you are about the substance of what you posted.

I have already said why won't you post it does not say what you think it says, and that is sufficient.

Actually, I did address it. I said you were ignorant of the meaning of anarchy meaning of anarchy. Anarchy refers to the absence of laws or a governing body. It has nothing to do with the obligation of a sheriff to follow the It has nothing to do with the obligation of a sheriff to follow the Constitution.
If you think I took something out of context, it is up to you to show that. I presented a quote and a link to the decision, so it should be easy for you to show the full context and how you think that makes my quote wrong. That you won't or can't do that indicates that I was right.

And if every Tom, Dick and Harry who happens to be a sheriff can decide what are laws and what are not, then there there are no actual, recognizable laws.
If the laws enacted by a governing body can be ignored by those sheriffs then there is no actual functional governing body.

Not all sheriffs are voted into office.
And all sheriffs in office take an oath to uphold the law. There is no clause that says they can pick and choose what laws to uphold.
They took an oath to uphold the constitution, not unconstitutional 'laws' made up by governors, who can't make laws.

“Serve & protect” is the most succinct way of summarizing what is included in the Law Enforcement Code of Ethics

Protect law abiding citizens, defend the Constitution and catch the perps.

In Maryland they are expected to enforce the laws as their primary job.

When it comes to Baltimore being a haven of appalling violent crime, Trump's not wrong. The most recent homicide data from the FBI (2017) shows the city of Baltimore with a homicide rate of 55.8 per 100,000 population.That's a homicide rate comparable to El Salvador (60 per 100,000) and Venezuela (56 per 100,000).

Why don't left wing strong holds try to reduce crime?

If you think I took something out of context, it is up to you to show that. I presented a quote and a link to the decision, so it should be easy for you to show the full context and how you think that makes my quote wrong. That you won't or can't do that indicates that I was right.
No, it just indicates that I'm not a child and that you are not sincere.

Like I said, you're all hung up on the fact the I pointed out that you took something out of context, but too much of a coward to acknowledge that it never said what you claimed. I think it's time to invoke Proverbs 26:4 with you.
And if every Tom, Dick and Harry who happens to be a sheriff can decide what are laws and what are not, then there there are no actual, recognizable laws.
Nobody is claiming these Unconstitutional laws aren't laws. You don't even understand the facts of the case you're arguing against.

"Nine in 10 of the state’s sheriffs, joining with gun-rights advocates in declaring the prohibition unconstitutional, have sworn off zealous enforcement of the law. It prohibits the manufacture or possession of dozens of rapid-fire weapons and attachments and requires registration of those previously owned ..."

It looks like "we the people" have just about had it with the un-Americans among us.
Same applies in California, the policing authority is 90% in support of the law abiding citizens here, the US Supreme Court is shooting down every piece of legislation they bring forth

You are dodging the fundamental issue. The United States has a supreme law which is the US Constitution. The sheriffs oath is to uphold that supreme law, which may dictate that they must refuse to enforce an unconstitutional law.
Exactly, The Supreme Court shot down New York's restrictive concealed carry permit, then it shot down laws trying to restrict public places where concealed weapons could be carried, parks, streets, beaches, etc

These liberal States are intentionally creating laws in direct violation of the Constitutional 2nd amendment, and yes the majority of sworn public servants know it

What if a majority of their voters agree with them?
Then they should have put that power toward preventing that law from being passed in the first place.

Once a law is on the books, it's law enforcement's job to enforce it; if they don't, that's dereliction of duty.

The job of sheriffs is to enforce the law. If they refuse to do that, they should be removed from their positions.
Seems like you are getting the same lawlessness from the law in the US as we are getting in the UK. .. but guns instead of trans.

Bad luck

"Nine in 10 of the state’s sheriffs, joining with gun-rights advocates in declaring the prohibition unconstitutional, have sworn off zealous enforcement of the law. It prohibits the manufacture or possession of dozens of rapid-fire weapons and attachments and requires registration of those previously owned ..."

It looks like "we the people" have just about had it with the un-Americans among us.
Good for them.

Then they should have put that power toward preventing that law from being passed in the first place.

Once a law is on the books, it's law enforcement's job to enforce it; if they don't, that's dereliction of duty.
When a State puts laws into effect that violate the US constitution, a sworn peace officer has a right to refuse enforcement

If the State terminates the officer, the courts will decide the outcome, and it could very well be a big lawsuit award for liable, harm, and back pay?

Cities, Counties, and States overreach their authority all the time, that ends in a big paycheck for those harmed $$$

Of course when Roe vs Wade was overturned and left leaning district attorneys and attorney generals proclaimed they would not enforce laws protecting the unborn they were hailed as hero's. Seems like vibise and her new found love of law enforcement is a little hypocritical.

Why don't left wing strong holds try to reduce crime?
Left wing strong holds are doing just the opposite and WE THE PEOPLE are fed up! :mad:

Back