A Gallup poll:

Doesn't matter how big a deal it could be if you can't even assign a probability to its happening.

But you are forgetting: my belief, or not, is not a choice.
Even if I were terrified of the possibility of your god's hell, this could not induce me to believe in it, or him.
I find it amusing that you rant on an on about unbelief as not being a choice as if you were a mindless machine. That is some cold comfort you are pinning your hopes on.

John 20:25-29
So the other disciples told him, “We have seen the Lord!” But he said to them, “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.”

A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!”

Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”

Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.

01/03/2023 -*

"Ukrainians have the will to fight, their U.S. allies remain supportive, and neighboring countries are more welcoming to migrants than they have been. However, the desired impact of sanctions seems to have failed among the Russian public, and Russians may be proving more resilient in the face of economic isolation than many expected at the outset of the conflict. This failure may force the West to fundamentally shift its calculus on how to bring the conflict to a decisive end in Kyiv’s favor."

View attachment 3806

View attachment 3807

View attachment 3808
_________

More? see:

* Reference: Gallup

Additional security assistance to Ukraine: 02/24/2023

"Specifically, the United States is committing additional Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) and counter-UAS and electronic warfare detection equipment, as well as critical ammunition stocks for artillery and precision fires capabilities that will bolster Ukraine's ability to repel Russian aggression.

Capabilities in this security assistance package include:

• Additional ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS);
• Additional 155mm artillery rounds;
• Munitions for laser-guided rocket systems;
• CyberLux K8 UAS;
• Switchblade 600 UAS;
• Altius-600 UAS;
• Jump 20 UAS;
• Counter-UAS and electronic warfare detection equipment;
• Mine clearing equipment;
• Secure communications support equipment;
• Funding for training, maintenance, and sustainment.

Unlike Presidential Drawdown, USAI is an authority under which the United States procures capabilities rather than delivering equipment that is drawn down from DoD stocks. "

________

USA

Not listening, reading, but any way for you to try to equate yourself with God is downright laughable. You admitted that you are a flawed person with incomplete knowledge. Why would l accept what you say.
By accepting that the Bible is the work of other flawed people, and that no god was involved?

To ask your own question back to you, what would it take for you to believe ^this?

I find it amusing that you rant on an on about unbelief as not being a choice as if you were a mindless machine.
The fact that we can't choose everything about ourselves, doesn't make us mindless machines.

I doubt that you could choose to believe that your own mother never existed.
That is some cold comfort you are pinning your hopes on.
No; you're the one taking comfort from asserting that it is a choice - it's how you manage to maintain the idea that your god is fair.

If belief weren't a choice, I think you know that he would have a lot to answer for...

The reason I mentioned uncertainty is that understanding it in a given poll informs people of what matters most.... In a nutshell, one should be suspicious about a non-scientific poll.
Relevance?

And what makes you think Gallup was "unscientific"?

Why post the poll if it is unscientific?

Why post the poll if it is unscientific and say nothing about it being unscientific?
Supporting a people that openly and desperately asks for help against a monster-sized country that is acting similar to King Ahab and Queen Jezebel did toward Naboth is a worthy endeavor.
That is a woefully inadequate comparison and very poor analogy.

A better analogy might be between Ahab/Jezebel and Babylon. or Babylon, Persia, and Judah because no one is blameless in this conflict and the western democracies hold some culpabilities for going back on their word. A compromise was negotiated where Ukraine would not join NATO, they'd surrender their nukes, and Rusia wouldn't invade. The west continued to make overtures to a corrupt regime to join NATO knowing it was provocative to Russia. Furthermore, there are elements in the Ukrainian Army that are fascist. Google "ukrainian soldiers with ss tattoos," and peruse the results. The matter is further complicated because the eastern part of Ukraine still speaks Russian and adheres to Russian cultural histories. It would be comparable to Chinatown covering the entire west coast of the US, or the challenges the UK has experienced with Ireland. Russians (in and out of Ukraine) think Ukraine treats the Russian-Ukrainians the way the Chinese treat the Uyghurs. Then there's the matter of "gold." All wars are fought for gold (money). the more access to the Black Sea Russia has the better.

But ultimately.....

I DON'T CARE!

I don't care about the excuses and justifications and explanations, or merits of supporting Ukraine or anyone else if US tax-payer resources are spent wantonly. Tell me objectives, show me how the objectives are reach, document the expenditures anddemonstrate the resources allocated achieved the stated goals.

That is how all foreign aid should be conducted and that is not happening in Ukraine. Maybe I am wrong, but I suspect there will be greater support for Ukraine if and when concrete goals are articulated, and a sound accounting of tax-payer resources are provided. Until that is done Ukraine will be like every other foreign war in which the US has participated.

Are you aware the money the US has spent in Ukraine rivals the entire yearly military budget of Russia?
Zelensky might be right as Reuters reported a couple of days ago.
Oh, let's do set sound US policy based on what a foreign leader "might" be.
How much support is too much support changes under evolving circumstances.
I will respectfully submit that is a red herring and therefore the wrong question(s) to be asking because no amount will be too much or too little when there are no goals and not accounting.

One thing is for certain: if you do not know where you are going you will definitely not get there. It is axiomatic and it is not an axiom that has anything to do with political parties.

Back