Justified by RCC's laws ...

PeanutGallery

Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Are RCC's sacraments and submission to the Pope considered works of the law, in order to be justified?

Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Are RCC's sacraments and submission to the Pope considered works of the law, in order to be justified?
No.

They are good works, aren't they???????????????????

It is clear we are justified by faith not works.

No more, no less than your submission to Pastor Bob, Trustee Joe, Elder Jane, Reverend Sue, or whatever it is your leaders call themselves in your sect justifies you.

The Sacraments are not works of the law, nor are they works of the Church. The Sacraments are works of Christ.

No more, no less than your submission to Pastor Bob, Trustee Joe, Elder Jane, Reverend Sue, or whatever it is your leaders call themselves in your sect justifies you.

The Sacraments are not works of the law, nor are they works of the Church. The Sacraments are works of Christ.
This is the work of Christ:
John 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

John 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
And this has to do with my post HOW?

Let me put it another way: where in my post did I deny John 6:29 or otherwise suggest that we do not have to believe in Christ?

See, this is what I mean about you people posting random Scripture verses--and then thinking that these random Scripture verses somehow, some way constitute some kind of an answer to a point a Catholic has raised.

Let me put it another way: where in my post did I deny John 6:29 or otherwise suggest that we do not have to believe in Christ?

See, this is what I mean about you people posting random Scripture verses--and then thinking that these random Scripture verses somehow, some way constitute some kind of an answer to a point a Catholic has raised.
What has your post got to do with the op. The sacraments are RC works of law and not the church at all. You people is rude but RCs post verses and post pointless things eg like Jesus says as if that proves their point. Jesus said Peter is Satan and we know what He meant by that. It is not literal at all. Not all Jesus said proves RC beliefs and often reveals a lack of understanding of figurative language used by Jesus.

Let me put it another way: where in my post did I deny John 6:29 or otherwise suggest that we do not have to believe in Christ?...
You did not include 'believe on him' with your Sacraments.

You did not include 'believe on him' with your Sacraments.
The Sacraments assist belief.

Eph 4 10 He who descended is the same one who ascended far above all the heavens, so that he might fill all things.) 11 He himself granted that some are apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers 12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, 13 until all of us come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to maturity, to the measure of the full stature of Christ. 14 We must no longer be children, tossed to and fro and blown about by every wind of doctrine by people’s trickery, by their craftiness in deceitful scheming; 15 but speaking the truth in love, we must grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, 16 from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by every ligament with which it is equipped, as each part is working properly, promotes the body’s growth in building itself up in love.

I don't need any rc sacraments, to assist me. Scripture is God speaking, and in it He says

John 3:16
or God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Acts 16:30-31

He then brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved

1 Corinthians 15:3-4
For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that He was buried, that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures.

I believe Him. He will do for me as He promised.

I don't need any rc sacraments, to assist me. Scripture is God speaking, and in it He says

John 3:16
or God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Acts 16:30-31

He then brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved

1 Corinthians 15:3-4
For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that He was buried, that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures.

I believe Him. He will do for me as He promised.
Paul says God gave us apostles, prophets, evangelists, teachers, pastors in order to equip us for the work of ministry and to come to maturity. That obviously indicates that we need the help of the Church in achieving an authentic belief lest we be tossed and blown and tricked by deceitful doctrines.

Paul says God gave us apostles, prophets, evangelists, teachers, pastors in order to equip us for the work of ministry and to come to maturity. That obviously indicates that we need the help of the Church in achieving an authentic belief lest we be tossed and blown and tricked by deceitful doctrines.

I still do NOT need the rcc to receive Salvation and eternal life. Jesus' work on the cross is sufficient for me and everyone else too. When Jesus said, “it is finished” I believe Him. I am confident that, I have eternal life because of what Jesus did for me. Jesus paid the debt, that I could never pay. There is nothing deceptive about the verses I posted. There is NOTHING deceptive about the gospel message. We either believe God, or we do not believe Him. We will come to God on HIS terms, not ours.

If a person genuinely believes God, his or her life and speech will surely show it. A spiritual transformation has taken place, and can be witnessed by all who come into contact with the believer in Christ.

You speak as if it is wrong to trust God in what He tells us. There is nothing, not even a hint in Scripture that tells us to put faith in an institution. Or rely on wafers. It says

Romans 10:9-10
If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. As Scripture says, "Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame."

Romans 10:13
for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

Eph 4 10 He who descended is the same one who ascended far above all the heavens, so that he might fill all things.) 11 He himself granted that some are apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers 12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, 13 until all of us come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to maturity, to the measure of the full stature of Christ. 14 We must no longer be children, tossed to and fro and blown about by every wind of doctrine by people’s trickery, by their craftiness in deceitful scheming; 15 but speaking the truth in love, we must grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, 16 from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by every ligament with which it is equipped, as each part is working properly, promotes the body’s growth in building itself up in love.
Eisegesis much? No sacraments identified in that passage.

I still do NOT need the rcc to receive Salvation and eternal life. Jesus' work on the cross is sufficient for me and everyone else too. When Jesus said, “it is finished” I believe Him. I am confident that, I have eternal life because of what Jesus did for me. Jesus paid the debt, that I could never pay. There is nothing deceptive about the verses I posted. There is NOTHING deceptive about the gospel message. We either believe God, or we do not believe Him. We will come to God on HIS terms, not ours.

If a person genuinely believes God, his or her life and speech will surely show it. A spiritual transformation has taken place, and can be witnessed by all who come into contact with the believer in Christ.

You speak as if it is wrong to trust God in what He tells us. There is nothing, not even a hint in Scripture that tells us to put faith in an institution. Or rely on wafers. It says

Romans 10:9-10
If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. As Scripture says, "Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame."

Romans 10:13
for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
Nevertheless, Scripture does describe a 'network' of gifted Christians with an authority to minister with certain specific ministries. Apostle, prophet, teacher, pastor etc. Putting aside that you believe you need nothing else but yourself for that part, Scripture clearly teaches those roles are legitimate hence the Catholic organism facilitating them.

Putting aside that you believe you need nothing else but yourself for that part,

I NEVER said that salvation was earned, nor did I ever say we humans can obtain salvation by ourselves. I said Jesus' work on the cross is sufficient for our salvation and eternal life. Salvation is the work of God, not your institution. And certainly not the rc sacraments. What a joke the rcc is... professes to believe in God, but then when someone speaks the gospel... rc's are quick to correct the person..... nooo, nooo, nooo don't put your faith in Jesus! put it in an institution.

Leading people away from faith and trust in Jesus as, is worse than being a hypocrite.

Matthew 23:13
“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.

Back