England Cliff College fires a theologian for speaking against homosexuality

So murder is not immoral, it's simply personal judgement.
No. I think that murder is immoral. So do most people. More importantly, it's illegal. People don't get punished for immoral acts. They are for illegal acts. Because unlike morality, legality has an objective existence.

No. I think that murder is immoral. So do most people. More importantly, it's illegal. People don't get punished for immoral acts. They are for illegal acts. Because unlike morality, legality has an objective existence.
It's illegal because it's immoral. Like when adultery used to be illegal.

So if murder were made legal, like the purge movies, you would be okay with that? The state says it's legal so have at it.

um…maybe think about it

The “if you are so tolerant, why don’t you tolerate my hatred of gay people?” is just as dumb as most Christian apologetics.
So your intolerant of people who hate gay people. Some intolerance is okay as long as it's Backup approved.

So if murder were made legal, like the purge movies, you would be okay with that? The state says it's legal so have at it.
Was interracial marriage immoral when it was illegal?

Can you tell us how you define the word immoral?

So you’re intolerant of people who hate gay people. Some intolerance is okay as long as it's Backup approved.
Universal tolerances can’t exist. If you tolerate intolerances there is no universal tolerances.

Why don’t yo know this?

Wrong, not all immoral things are illegal, adultery for example.

If murder was legal is an oxymoron. Murder is defined as illegal killing. It's one of the many reasons why abortion is not murder.

The "state" is just the organized bit of society. Some societies considered infanticide and paedophilia to be moral. I have no idea what I would think had I been brought up in such a society. As it is, my morality is a product of, amongst other things, my experience of the society I do live in. In which, in case you are in any doubt, murder is illegal and considered immoral.

Universal tolerances can’t exist. If you tolerate intolerances there is no universal tolerances.

Why don’t yo know this?
Exactly. So who gets to decide? Some intolerance would be wrong right? Or no intolerance is wrong it's just a matter of personal opinion.

Immoral or immortal?

So morality by popular opinion?
Nope. Morality by personal opinion. Some people don't need their ideas on morality to be validated by others. Popular opinion on moral questions, lead to laws. That's why slavery is now illegal.

Wrong, not all immoral things are illegal, adultery for example.

If murder was legal is an oxymoron. Murder is defined as illegal killing. It's one of the many reasons why abortion is not murder.

The "state" is just the organized bit of society. Some societies considered infanticide and paedophilia to be moral. I have no idea what I would think had I been brought up in such a society. As it is, my morality is a product of, amongst other things, my experience of the society I do live in. In which, in case you are in any doubt, murder is illegal and considered immoral.
Nope. Not if the state says it's okay such as in the purge. War is a example of legal killing. Besides who said you get to decide murder is illegal killing? Is this standard objective or subjective?

Nope. Morality by personal opinion. Some people don't need their ideas on morality to be validated by others. Popular opinion on moral questions, lead to laws. That's why slavery is now illegal.
So it is based on popular opinion and these laws simply reflect popular opinion.

Exactly. So who gets to decide? Some intolerance would be wrong right? Or no intolerance is wrong it's just a matter of personal opinion.
Who gets to decide?

Are you serious?

I don’t know about you, but I live in a representative Republic. After the Civil Rights movement most of us (not you people) have agreement intolerance is wrong, and we have made acting on intolerance mostly illegal.

Nope. Not if the state says it's okay such as in the purge. War is a example of legal killing. Besides who said you get to decide murder is illegal killing? Is this standard objective or subjective?
If it's legal, it's not murder. There's no example anywhere anytime of state legalized murder. Like married bachelors, it's a contradiction in terms.

Of course, the state might sanction killing, which you personally think should be murder, but that's not the same thing.

Back