FROM FAITH TO FAITH

Jesus was able to send the Holy Spirit in the OT, because he was in heaven (not that you concede it).

Your imaginations and not Scripture.

And your comment ignores the prophesy that God promised to pour out His Spirit. Not much point in that if He was already doing it.

Your imaginations and not Scripture.
Billions would disagree with you. Your cult is so insignificant in numerical terms, and hardly known outside of the USA/UK and remote parts of Eastern Europe, that it scarcely warrants consideration.

And your comment ignores the prophesy that God promised to pour out His Spirit. Not much point in that if He was already doing it.
He wasn't, just because men had chosen sin rather than God.

Billions would disagree with you.

Is that all you are worried about? What about all those Muslims and Hindus who disagree with you?

Your cult is so insignificant in numerical terms, and hardly known outside of the USA/UK and remote parts of Eastern Europe, that it scarcely warrants consideration.

He wasn't, just because men had chosen sin rather than God.

You aren't making any sense. God poured out His Spirit on all flesh at Pentecost. This wasn't something old but something new.

Do you need to read your own posts again?
God poured out his Spirit on all men, meaning men from all nations, and also meaning only Jesus's menservants and maidservants (that was a new thing):

BTW, they didn't believe what you believe:

Acts 2:25 "David says about Him (i.e. Jesus):

‘I sawf the Lord always before me;​
because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.​
26Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;​
my body also will dwell in hope,​
27because You will not abandon my soul to Hades,​
nor will You let Your Holy One see decay.​
28You have made known to me the paths of life;​
You will fill me with joy in Your presence.’g
Don't know how you socinians can have the impudence to deny Christ's prior existence in heaven, as vouched for by all the apostles.

God poured out his Spirit on all men, meaning men from all nations, and also meaning only Jesus's menservants and maidservants (that was a new thing):

BTW, they didn't believe what you believe:

Acts 2:25 "David says about Him (i.e. Jesus):

‘I sawf the Lord always before me;​
because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.​
26Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;​
my body also will dwell in hope,​
27because You will not abandon my soul to Hades,​
nor will You let Your Holy One see decay.​
28You have made known to me the paths of life;​
You will fill me with joy in Your presence.’g
Don't know how you socinians can have the impudence to deny Christ's prior existence in heaven, as vouched for by all the apostles.

And what pray tell does Acts 2:25 have to do with pre-existence?

And what pray tell does Acts 2:25 have to do with pre-existence?
Note the similarity between Thomas's confession in John 20:28 "My Lord and My God" and David's use of "My God" and "My Lord" in Ps 16:1,2 followed by the prophecy re Christ.

Note the similarity between Thomas's confession in John 20:28 "My Lord and My God" and David's use of "My God" and "My Lord" in Ps 16:1,2 followed by the prophecy re Christ.

This Psalm?

Preserve me, O God, for I take refuge in You.
2 I said to the Lord, “You are my Lord;
I have no good apart from You.”
Psalm 16

According to Jesus, Thomas saw the Father at John 20:28. But do you believe him?

According to Jesus, Thomas saw the Father at John 20:28. But do you believe him?
No, Thomas was refusing to believe in Jesus's resurrection at John 20:28. Upon belief, he made the same confession to Jesus as David had formerly made to YHWH.

No, Thomas was refusing to believe in Jesus's resurrection at John 20:28. Upon belief, he made the same confession to Jesus as David had formerly made to YHWH.

No, the whole account is about seeing and believing and Thomas confessed exactly what Jesus taught him at John 14:9, "He who has seen me has seen the Father."

No, the whole account is about seeing and believing and Thomas confessed exactly what Jesus taught him at John 14:9, "He who has seen me has seen the Father."
Thomas was speaking only to Jesus, and not to the Father, although the confession included an acknowledgement of the Father in Jesus. By his confession he was also acknowledging Jesus's prior association with YHWH in heaven, per the words of the Psalm.

Well DUH!

"He who has seen ME has seen the Father."
Of course, he meant in a spiritual sense.

People don't address God except by way of prayer. Unless you can prove Thomas was praying to the Father, then he was speaking only to Jesus.

Oh, how so?
By the Holy Spirit, and also in purpose and in respect of God's kingdom.

Because you imagined it to be so?
Because he was using the very same words that David used: "My Lord and My God."

Of course, he meant in a spiritual sense.

Now you are fabricating.

Do tell, "How can you say, "Show us the Father"? Do you not believe?"

People don't address God except by way of prayer. Unless you can prove Thomas was praying to the Father, then he was speaking only to Jesus.

More fabrication on your part.

By the Holy Spirit, and also in purpose and in respect of God's kingdom.

In what sense as Thomas acknowledging the Father at 20:28? Where do you see this in that verse? Hmmm?

Because he was using the very same words that David used: "My Lord and My God."

And so you ignore the teaching of Jesus and run with your imaginations that Thomas was thinking about a Psalm of David? Do I have that about right?

If so, there's no hope of a rational dialogue here is there?

Now you are fabricating.

Do tell, "How can you say, "Show us the Father"? Do you not believe?"

More fabrication on your part.

In what sense as Thomas acknowledging the Father at 20:28? Where do you see this in that verse? Hmmm?

And so you ignore the teaching of Jesus and run with your imaginations that Thomas was thinking about a Psalm of David? Do I have that about right?

If so, there's no hope of a rational dialogue here is there?
As you have more in common with muslims than with Christians, I guess there is no hope of a rational dialogue.

As you have more in common with muslims than with Christians, I guess there is no hope of a rational dialogue.

First you fabricate over and over again, and now you tickle your itching ears and tell yourself whatever you fleshly desires want to hear.

You are in bad shape. You should do something about it.

First you fabricate over and over again, and now you tickle your itching ears and tell yourself whatever you fleshly desires want to hear.

You are in bad shape. You should do something about it.
I think your predicament is infinitely worse. As Paul said: "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Cor 4:18.

And what is this unseen eternal? Heb 12:2 "Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith...." "...... the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End..." (Rev 22:13).

I wonder what it is that you fix your eyes upon? Probably your imaginary superior gnosis.

Last edited:
I think your predicament is infinitely worse. As Paul said: "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Cor 4:18.

Sorry but I can't imagine what must be going through you head here and what it has to do with the topic at hand.

And what is this unseen eternal? Heb 12:2 "Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith...."

He is where Christianity began and if he is not in you as per Galatians 2:20, you cannot walk in his footsteps and you have no hope.

"...... the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End..." (Rev 22:13).

I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I heard and saw, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed me these things. 9 But he said to me, “Do not do that. I am a fellow servant of yours and of your brethren the prophets and of those who heed the words of this book. Worship God.” 10 And he said to me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near. 11 Let the one who does wrong, still do wrong and the one who is filthy, still be filthy and let the one who is righteous, still practice righteousness and the one who is holy, still keep himself holy. 12 Behold, I am coming quickly, and my reward is with me, to render to every man according to what he has done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”

I wonder what it is that you fix your eyes upon? Probably your imaginary superior gnosis.

You just can't help telling yourself what you want to hear can you? Is this how you comfort yourself? That won't work for you. Only abiding in Christ will work and learning from the Spirit of Truth.

Back