There Is A Lot Of Love In Threads On The Internet, Isn't There?

I know from experience that it is fruitless to persuade determined unbelievers that the gospel is true.
A tacit admission that the Gospel can't be shown as true. Unbelievers don't perversely reject things show as true. You don't get a fifty fifty split on whether the Earth orbits the Sun, because atheists accept the evidence that shows it.
My best counsel to you regarding Christianity is to move on and live the life you love, and forget about the God you are sure does not exist.
Make up your mind. One minute us atheists believe God exists, the next they don't. You're all over the place.
I know what the Bible says about hardened unbelievers. Some people simply will not respond to the word of God. I get it. I want you to get it. God is not looking for your kind of person. The most I will explain to you is this truth. That is why I am here. If you want to inquire about truths beyond that, I will be glad to do that. But I know you will not.
So far all you're doing is making ridiculous, empty claims.

Well, my deeds are not evil and I don't love the darkness, so this passage isn't talking about me, or any other atheist I know.
Quite false.

You don't even comprehend what was said so you just rely on your ignorance to dismiss.

Like every other human, you fall into the same category. Sorry.

So far all you're doing is making ridiculous, empty claims.
By your own testimony, you and others here have not responded to the word of God.
So, how is what I said a ridiculous, empty claim?
Some people just simply aren't going to respond to the word of God. And never will.
You're proof of it.

By your own testimony, you and others here have not responded to the word of God.
So, how is what I said a ridiculous, empty claim?
Some people just simply aren't going to respond to the word of God. And never will.
You're proof of it.
The ridiculous claim is that atheists believe in God.

By all means, tell me how you know you have the word of God.

You know deep inside that he really exists. But you tell yourself that he does not. You don't want to believe he exists.
This doesn't deal with what you said in post #329.

I quote …

"My best counsel to you regarding Christianity is to move on and live the life you love, and forget about the God you are sure does not exist."

You really need to get your story straight.

A tacit admission that the Gospel can't be shown as true.
I've said at least twice now that there is no physical proof that the gospel is true. I said the evidence that the gospel is true comes by the hearing of faith. The evidence that the gospel is true is the voice of the Holy Spirit inside of you convicting you of sin, righteousness, and the judgment to come. Most people reject that evidence. And, ultimately, it's because they love and prefer their sin rather than righteousness. Everything I'm saying is not my invention. I'm going by the scriptures that say these things.

But like I say, that's what this life is all about - finding out who will respond to the word of God and love righteousness and who won't. You aren't one of those who will love righteousness. We get it. You just don't have the potential in you as a conscious, living being to want to be righteous when tilled with the adversities of life, and seeded with the word of God, and watered by his grace, and fertilized with the frustrations and cruelties of this life. God is raising a crop of righteous people. You're just not one of them. Move on. Just be what you are and want to be to the very end. God will harvest the righteous from the unrighteous at that time.

This doesn't deal with what you said in post #329.

I quote …

You really need to get your story straight.
Continue to reject the Christ you know in your heart of hearts is real.
Can I make it any clearer?

And for the Christians who think this is un-Biblical advice...

Revelation 21:11
11Let the unrighteous continue to be unrighteous, and the vile continue to be vile; let the righteous continue to practice righteousness, and the holy continue to be holy.”

Daniel 12:2,9-10,13
2Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.

9He replied, “Go your way, Daniel, because the words are rolled up and sealed until the time of the end. 10Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked. None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand.

13“As for you, go your way till the end. You will rest, and then at the end of the days you will rise to receive your allotted inheritance.”

Last edited:
Your crystal ball remains very broken.
I'm just saying what Jesus said in the Matthew scripture I quoted. But I realize you have no potential within you to understand and accept the word of God. I get it. I can't resist the truth of the situation. It is what it is.

Daniel 12:2,9-10,13
10Many will be purified, made spotless and refined, but the wicked will continue to be wicked.
None of the wicked will understand, but those who are wise will understand.

I've said at least twice now that there is no physical proof that the gospel is true. I said the evidence that the gospel is true comes by the hearing of faith. The evidence that the gospel is true is the voice of the Holy Spirit inside of you convicting you of sin, righteousness, and the judgment to come. Most people reject that evidence. And, ultimately, it's because they love and prefer their sin rather than righteousness. Everything I'm saying is not my invention. I'm going by the scriptures that say these things.
Yeah but, how do you know all this is true?
But like I say, that's what this life is all about - finding out who will respond to the word of God and love righteousness and who won't. You aren't one of those who will love righteousness.
Another unevidenced claim.
We get it. You just don't have the potential in you as a conscious, living being to want to be righteous when tilled with the adversities of life, and seeded with the word of God, and watered by his grace, and fertilized with the frustrations and cruelties of this life. God is raising a crop of righteous people. You're just not one of them. Move on. Just be what you are and want to be to the very end. God will harvest the righteous from the unrighteous at that time.
Ditto.

The world is more complicated than your restrictive, simplistic beliefs allow you to realise.

You're pretending to know things you really don't know, and undermining the credibility of your religion in the process.
You pretend not to be really angry.

I can't say your religion will suffer though, surveys about atheism are not good and the other atheists here seem pretty angry too.

You must be confused. I'm not religious.
Your anger is not in question, it's palpable all the way through the interwebnets.

The religion of atheism is also well known. It pops up every once in a while when some other angry atheist is super angry at a coach praying with their team or when a teacher wears a cross or something.

Your anger is not in question, it's palpable all the way through the interwebnets.

The religion of atheism is also well known. It pops up every once in a while when some other angry atheist is super angry at a coach praying with their team or when a teacher wears a cross or something.
More unsupported nonsense. You have an overactive imagination. Maybe that's why you're a theist.

I know from experience that it is fruitless to persuade determined unbelievers that the gospel is true.
Oh ye of little faith! Is anything impossible for your God?
What about prayer? Have you ever prayed with another person and agreed in Jesus' name? What does scripture say about that?
But I suspect you misinterpret my determination. I'm determined to find factual truth. I'm an atheist because of the lack of evidence that Christianity is true, not because I want to be an atheist. All that stuff about you say about atheists loving the darkness and their sin and whatnot is complete B.S. -you're just lying to yourself.
However,
My best counsel to you regarding Christianity is to move on and live the life you love,
Is that really the best counsel you have? lol.
It's as if you're in a lifeboat and I'm drowning in the water. Presumably you have the room and means in the boat -or your God does. But you rationalize that the reason I'm drowning is because I want to be and because I don't have to potential to survive. So your best advice is that I just keep swimming.
When considering the fact that you have God almighty on your side, it's kind of a jerk move.
and forget about the God you are sure does not exist.
The problem is not God, it's the belief in God. You believe in something that is utterly worthless if your best counsel is to "move on".
I don't think there's a better way to display the complete and absolute emptiness of your beliefs.
I know what the Bible says about hardened unbelievers.
Why don't you just share what you think because there's no difference.
Also, probably not relevant since I'm not "hardened"; I'm a skeptic who is interested in factual truth.
Some people simply will not respond to the word of God. I get it. I want you to get it. God is not looking for your kind of person. The most I will explain to you is this truth. That is why I am here. If you want to inquire about truths beyond that, I will be glad to do that. But I know you will not.
If that is true, then your God is worthless.
All the more reason to think it is just your idealized alter ego.

Back