The Eucharist is the New Testament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we are and we are doing so because it is what Jesus said and it is the real deal and not a mere symbol as you claim it is.
It is merely a symbol and you cannot trust an institution that lies. The RCC is such an institution. Jesus also said he was a door. The whole meal was symbolic.

Ever hear of Hillsong? Their leader has been in the news lately and it isn't good.
Really and you are an expert on the topic being an Australian are you. You have found him guilty without his trial being heard. He didn't do the act, he did what so many of your leaders have done. That is not report what his father did. His father, who he defrocked. Your priests never lose their entitlements or the priesthood. And why is that, oh yes, the indelible mark what a joke. Brian Houston has said the victim did not want it reported and that is why he didn't do it. We will all have to wait for the trial to know the truth. No different to Cardinal Pell who knew of many cases of child abuse and never reported them.

To be clear I do not agree with Hillsong and do not follow Hillsong but I did not condemn Pell without a trial and if Brian Houston can be put on trial for not reporting abuse, then so should so many of your leaders in Australia be up on the very same charge. But surprising they are not? Interesting isn't it, because Pell admitted at the Royal Commission of knowing and doing what???He never reported it, he accompanied one of the worse pedophiles to his court cases whilst never giving any comfort to his victims. Interesting. But then this is the RCC thread and not the Hillsong thread.

But then again Jesus never said look over there, my apostles are just doing what the Pharisees are doing. He never did the pathetic look over there defence that RCs love so much. Just the same as over there shows us clearly that it is not what it claims to be at all. By the way have you read what the RCC has done in France, you must have missed that one.

I did not pit one against the other, I wanted to see who you would listen to first. It's telling that you seem to only see Jesus on the same level as the others though.
Of course you did but you just wanted a talking point.

Were you at their trial? How do you know they are corrupt. Based on hearsay?

JoeT
I listen to days of the Royal commission your leaders are corrupt. Pell even admits that abuse took place and that he did not report it. Though he did want one priest removed who was disgusting and what did the Vatican do. That is right gave him back his parish.

By the way Royal Commissions are not hearsay at all. You can read there reports if you are really interested in the truth. I think Ireland also held Commissions into your institution.

I did not pit one against the other,

You just did.
I wanted to see who you would listen to first. It's telling that you seem to only see Jesus on the same level as the others though.

You misunderstood of course.....I’m speaking on the level of Gods word. Paul is penning GODS WORD.....You were the one that foolishly suggested that Jesus “says something different“ in regards to Heb 9....You fail to realize Heb 9 is HIS words....Jesus can’t contradict His own word.....the writer is penning the word of GOD...... The entire Bible is the Word Of GOD....seems you think it isn’t.

Alonzo said:
What is said about a testator being needed is correct, but when the Lord, the Master, the Saviorc says something else I defer to Him as all believers should.

Which words came first and which words have more validity - the words of God Incarnate or the words of some writer a century later? I don't know about you, but I am going with the words of God Incarnate on this earth.
well, here is what you need to know:

God speaking from His Throne; Jesus preaching from the Mount, and ALL God breathed writings carry the same EQUAL authority.

It is impossible for God disagree with a writing He breathed out.

You have now diminished Christ's work on the Cross and diminished the authority of God breathed writings.
Done all in the name of your religion,

What's next?
Is God bound by what the Catholic Church declares?

Last edited:
I did not pit one against the other, I wanted to see who you would listen to first. It's telling that you seem to only see Jesus on the same level as the others though.
Paul is not at the same level as Jesus:
But the written words of God are at the same level as the spoken words of God
which are greater than anything the Catholic Church declares

Which words came first and which words have more validity - the words of God Incarnate or the words of some writer a century later? I don't know about you, but I am going with the words of God Incarnate on this earth.
let's watch to see if any Catholic disagrees and corrects Alonzo.
so far, @dingoling gave a "thumbs up"

Catholics have such a low view of God-breathed writings by placing the authority of their Catholic Church above Scripture

let's watch to see if any Catholic disagrees and corrects Alonzo.
so far, @dingoling gave a "thumbs up"

Catholics have such a low view of God-breathed writings by placing the authority of their Catholic Church above Scripture
Who else can have authority but the Church since that is what Jesus left us when he went to heaven? We simply do not subscribe to the concept of "personal authority" as you do when it comes to interpreting the Holy Scriptures.

Who else can have authority but the Church since that is what Jesus left us when he went to heaven? We simply do not subscribe to the concept of "personal authority" as you do when it comes to interpreting the Holy Scriptures.
(y) ... after all, what is a river without banks or a train without tracks?

The wittings breathed out by God are more authoritative than any thing the Church declares.

There is no difference in authority between God's spoken words and God's written words.

Who else can have authority but the Church since that is what Jesus left us when he went to heaven?

I CHALLENGE you to find that in Scripture....

Jesus didn't 'leave us with a church"....We ARE the church...

You ARE the body of Christ and members individually...1 cor 12....

What Jesus did leave us with is the Comforter...

But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you. john 16

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. John 14

We simply do not subscribe to the concept of "personal authority" as you do when it comes to interpreting the Holy Scriptures.

See above....you just posted something that is provably unscriptural, yet have the gall to talk about "personal authority" when it comes to interpreting the Scriptures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back