wof and 1 Corinthians 15:51-54

Right there where you accuse me of an ad hom and then go on to tell me that you do believe in a rapture. It's how English works.
English doesn't work in only the way you dictate..., the writer gets to define the meaning of his/her words. That's why conversation is important, so that people can make their intentions and meanings more clear. Especially in a forum where quick comments are quickly written and spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure isn't in the mind of the poster. If perfect English is what you are looking for, you won't find it on the Internet in general or in a forum like this where all kinds of people are posting. It is very discouraging to argue over what is meant when someone insist on a meaning and leaves no room for clarity of the meaning that was intended.

BTW, this is why there are differing interpretations of the scriptures. Language is not a clear, one way road, that only means what a single reader or sect gets to dictate. Language is rather imprecise with words having various meanings and uses... and writers writing in the way we speak rather than by the rules of a lsnguage that people want to impose on their words. ?

Maybe, instead of assuming a meaning that you want and telling me that that was my meaning..., you should ask me what I meant. That way we can avoid your attempts to cloud the conversation with arguments over minutiae and trivial points... and we can avoid the tyfyt posts.

Last edited:
SO - bottom line: Nothing to do with "WOF" at all.

The only REAL problem with "WOF" is that there's generally no ACTUAL FAITH involved in it (just methodology), and it doesn't follow the constraints listed in Mark 11:22-24.

The only REAL problem with "WOF" is that there's generally no ACTUAL FAITH involved in it (just methodology), and it doesn't follow the constraints listed in Mark 11:22-24.
Yep, wof is dead.

I define it as the last trumpet... the last one.

in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1 Corinthians 15:52 KJV

And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets..., And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God, saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned. And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth. And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.
Revelation 8:2; 11:15‭-‬19 KJV

And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
Matthew 24:31 KJV

Yep, that is the last one. ?
You once told me that you believe Revelation is *mostly* in the past. Obviously, these quoted Rev 8 and 11 passages must not be, in your judgement. How do you decide to place some of Revelation in the past (or current) and some in the future, picking parts of Revelation that intertwine with each other. "It's obvious" is not an obvious answer.

To me it seems coincidental and convenient, but then I admit I don't fully understand your viewpoint. (I'm still working through the amil book 3 words per month - that's my fast reading rate.)

Because you attribute the comment to the "critics", ignoring that all kinds of posters use it.
Simply because I don't mention that "all kinds of posters use it" does not mean I'm ignoring them. I simply didn't mention them.

So how does your comment disparage... 1) you directed at a single group of posters, when all kinds of posters use it (including yourself). And now you are obfuscating that by concentrating on the fact that KC owns a jet and completely ignoring your comment and that you attributed it toward a single group.
If I had to sit and mention every nook and cranny of every person and what they said, then I'd have to write 50 part posts. I was concentrated on the critic and how they are not here for the primary purpose of discussing Word of Faith beliefs, but rather to state Reformed teaching and disparage anyone who would disagree instead of having meaningful discussion with them.

2) That the term "critic" has been a negative way that, usually wof posters, have used to denote people that disagree with their leaders and main teachers heretical doctrines and teachings. It is meant to disparage since i came to the forum over twenty years ago.
A "critic" is one who is critical of something. You are critical of Word of Faith teachings. Therefore you are a critic. If you read anything into that, that's on you.

Just to clear that up, your comment was meant to disparage, not to focus on KC's jet.
Now you are in my mind. No, I simply pointed out a point that you do not like. And you are right, the comment is not ABOUT the jet. It's ABOUT the fact that the "critics" are not here to discuss Word of Faith teaching. Not at all. Not ever.

It might not be a problem with "WOF," which is a teaching. It IS a problem with WoF practitioners and their application of biblical teaching that they share. Money twinkles more than promises.

Simply because I don't mention that "all kinds of posters use it" does not mean I'm ignoring them. I simply didn't mention them.

If I had to sit and mention every nook and cranny of every person and what they said, then I'd have to write 50 part posts. I was concentrated on the critic and how they are not here for the primary purpose of discussing Word of Faith beliefs, but rather to state Reformed teaching and disparage anyone who would disagree instead of having meaningful discussion with them.

A "critic" is one who is critical of something. You are critical of Word of Faith teachings. Therefore you are a critic. If you read anything into that, that's on you.

Now you are in my mind. No, I simply pointed out a point that you do not like. And you are right, the comment is not ABOUT the jet. It's ABOUT the fact that the "critics" are not here to discuss Word of Faith teaching. Not at all. Not ever.
tyfyt

English doesn't work in only the way you dictate..., the writer gets to define the meaning of his/her words.
Absolutely not. Words have meaning. Phrases have meaning because of the words.

The problem with meaning is that someone 2000 years ago wrote a letter and people today can draw inferences from the content, adding suppositions and subtracting subtleties they don't like or catch. THAT is NOT English (or any other language).

That's why conversation is important, so that people can make their intentions and meanings more clear.
Intentions. NOT English.

Especially in a forum where quick comments are quickly written and spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure isn't in the mind of the poster. If perfect English is what you are looking for, you won't find it on the Internet in general or in a forum like this where all kinds of people are posting. It is very discouraging to argue over what is meant when someone insist on a meaning and leaves no room for clarity of the meaning that was intended.
Much of this is true, although the first sentence is a very sad commentary on people who simply do not care to properly communicate.

But the true part left CARM a decade ago. Now people, even you, are not interested in having dialogue -- just a few, but that tends to fall apart quickly. Dialogue means that we have people who have differing views and we are going to discuss the pros and cons of each, pointing to supporting facts (biblical passages, in our case) to persuade. What we have at CARM is the Reformist who thinks he is absolutely right and when someone questions that rightness they respond with "tyfyt's" and tuck and run. This makes the other people more and more jaded that a fruitful conversation can ever happen.

It's funny because here I get "tyfyt's" all the time. We talk in private and it is much more civilized and controlled. We still disagree on points. And I have never to my recollection received a "tyfyt's" from you in private conversation. Why is that?

BTW, this is why there are differing interpretations of the scriptures.
Yes.

Language is not a clear, one way road, that only means what a single reader or sect gets to dictate. Language is rather imprecise with words having various meanings and uses... and writers writing in the way we speak rather than by the rules of a lsnguage that people want to impose on their words. ?
No. Language (especially Greek) is a rather precise thing. English is precise as well. Ted, there are estimated to be 171,146 words in the current English language (circa 2018), and this does not include about 47,156 words that are considered obsolete. The average English speaking adult knows 15,000 to 20,000.

Do you think you are CAPABLE of speaking precisely when you don't even know the precise words for what you might want to say most of the time? We all use general words - learned from our communicating with people around us - to get our thoughts across. And we do a miserable job of it most time, not just here but in daily conversation.

For the example of Paul, he was a learned man who knew Greek very, very well and used his words quite exacting. What muddies it up, is our presuppositions taken into the text, the language translation barriers (because of our limited use of both our own language and the original language), and time, over which cultural meanings change (yay Heiser; pfft. I'm liking him too, 3 words at a time).

All that said: it is more important to discuss and answer questions instead of casting disparagements at people because they don't think like you do. In fact, when their mindset is focused on and limited on a subset of possibility, but you want them to consider a possibility outside of their range, you need to take extra time to explain and pull them out to see what you want to say. You have tired of this over the last decade. Although, in a forum setting, it may be that when you offer something, instead of having to get the attention of one, there are five who then jump in with altered views. Makes it harder.

Maybe, instead of assuming a meaning that you want and telling me that that was my meaning..., you should ask me what I meant.
Respectfully, I have at times. The response is always: "just what I said;" "I answered that already;" or some such non answer.

That way we can avoid your attempts to cloud the conversation with arguments over minutiae and trivial points... and we can avoid the tyfyt posts.
There are no minutiae or trivial points if we don't see eye to eye. Those points may be important to my viewpoint, but are trivial to you. The manner in which you simply dismiss and deflect causes the tense discussions and arguments. Then you give up.

I've written multiple paragraph comments only to have you dismiss it with a "Nice straw," simply because you do not share the thoughts. It makes them no less important to those who believe them, but, hey, the Reformist is always right and we need to admit that and get in line. And this is true, not an ad hom. You don't slow down for the discussion, you toss it aside because you don't believe that way.

Purely ad hominem. And meant to disparage rather than foster honest conversation. And then, the following comments are written to stiffen your ad hominem and disparagement. A sorry post, BA.
I'm just repeating and quoting what you say in responses.

You once told me that you believe Revelation is *mostly* in the past. Obviously, these quoted Rev 8 and 11 passages must not be, in your judgement. How do you decide to place some of Revelation in the past (or current) and some in the future, picking parts of Revelation that intertwine with each other. "It's obvious" is not an obvious answer.

To me it seems coincidental and convenient, but then I admit I don't fully understand your viewpoint. (I'm still working through the amil book 3 words per month - that's my fast reading rate.)
The hermeneutic that I use is progressive parallelism. (What that means from my point of view is that Revelation restates time from Christ first coming to His Second Coming. Seven times does it cover this period of time, from differing perspectives.)

Much different than your view that Revelation is a historiography of the future written from the beginning of the book to the end. You obviously don't understand my view (as you admit), and keep asserting your view into it, never making progress past your present current understanding from your prideful view. Thus a need to state your view and argue with mine.

You should learn to read like 25 words a month, and get through the books I recommend. ?

I'm not asking you to accept my view, but I'm so tired of stating something, having it put into various posters computers (brains) and restated in a manner that taints, distorts and twists what I said by their own beliefs. Having everything made into an argument to every smallest point so that nothing gets accomplished because of it. This thread is a good example of what I mean. It gets to a point where there is no reason to continue any attempt to converse, in this forum, with those who do this. Hence, a tyfyt is needed (since I don't really care to argue every single idea to the point we puke)... and even that (tyfyt) gets turned into ad hominem responses and accusations to disparage.

The reason our private conversations are much more productive, this doesn't seem to happen as much and we don't have the ad hom about the Reformist and so on.

The reason our private conversations are much more productive, this doesn't seem to happen as much and we don't have the ad hom about the Reformist and so on.
I feel the reason our private conversations are more tame, is that I am there to ask: "what does your eschatological view say about _____"? Then I listen to your view.

Here, you are not by default in the teacher's seat. Especially since the forum is Word of Faith and not Reformed or Amillennialism or Progressive Parallelism. So Word of Faith (or some related charismatic view) is expressed and defended.

As an example, we can take this thread. It started with you posting a verse from 1 Corinthians. I made a comment that it relates to the Rapture. You agreed, but then threw in: "and refutes the Premillennial Pretribulation view."

Nobody mentioned that. So you are taking the first dig into the dispensational viewpoint. Granted, that is the Word of Faith viewpoint, but so far in the thread that was not the stated point. Perhaps it is your point in bringing up the verse, but that was not stated.

So, next, I took the rebuke to the dig and stated in my snarky way that it is a refutation if one reassigns meaning to the language.

It went downhill from there, but then that is the usual fare here on CARM. Nobody wants to have a conversation. That is evident in the manner that things are stated. Things are baited. Comment come up that are more of a "gotcha" than a debate or a talk.

Why not post your verse, then say whatever it is you want to discuss about the verse: perhaps (I'm assuming by your second post) you could say something like: "Word of Faith takes this as a pretribulation rapture, yadda yadda yadda." And then "but I believe in an amillennial viewpoint that it is...yadda yadda yadda."

Not as exciting and eventful, huh? Not as good as poking the bear with a stick. Yeah, your way is probably more fun. ;)

The hermeneutic that I use is progressive parallelism. (What that means from my point of view is that Revelation restates time from Christ first coming to His Second Coming. Seven times does it cover this period of time, from differing perspectives.)
How do you decide/read/exegete the seven timeframes from the text. And what part of the text is still yet to come?

Much different than your view that Revelation is a historiography of the future written from the beginning of the book to the end. You obviously don't understand my view (as you admit), and keep asserting your view into it, never making progress past your present current understanding from your prideful view. Thus a need to state your view and argue with mine.
Here your taking shots. Leave me out of it. Quit assuming what I'm asserting, etc. I do not believe dispensational/pretrib/premil in the exact same manner as traditional dispensationalists. I'm close, but not exactly the same. So you telling me what I'm asserting based upon your past view of dispensationalism is unfair at best.

I'm not asking you to accept my view, but I'm so tired of stating something, having it put into various posters computers (brains) and restated in a manner that taints, distorts and twists what I said by their own beliefs. Having everything made into an argument to every smallest point so that nothing gets accomplished because of it. This thread is a good example of what I mean. It gets to a point where there is no reason to continue any attempt to converse, in this forum, with those who do this. Hence, a tyfyt is needed (since I don't really care to argue every single idea to the point we puke)... and even that (tyfyt) gets turned into ad hominem responses and accusations to disparage.

The issue as I see it is that you have not even defined it as your view (possibly vs another view -- but even your view on its own for discussion). If you did this, then context would be set. Again, it is the Word of Faith forum and therefore the framing is WoF. If you state something different, then people will correct you. It sounds like you are defining the right belief. That will get challenged, argued and yelled at.

Also, with all due respect, I think your definition of ad hominem is too wide for truth. I'm not saying that ad homs don't happen. I'm not saying that I haven't hurled a few ad homs at you.

But an ad hom is NOT me assuming what you teach/believe. An ad hom is NOT me putting words in your mouth.

An ad hominem is when one person directs comments (usually disparagements) at a person, instead of speaking about the position that they are espousing.

So....
That doesn't mean there was no ad hom, BA. The fact that you attributed a view to me that I didn't have in mind is where the ad hominem occurs.

I'm not attacking you in the thing you are speaking of here. In fact I didn't attribute anything to you. I made a guess. In fact I stated that very, very clearly...
I'm guessing -- purely a guess (educated as it is) -- is that ...

Now, if I wasn't guessing (clearly stated) then perhaps it would be a strawman. Still, not ad hominem.

How do you decide/read/exegete the seven timeframes from the text.
Not seven time frames, one time frame from seven different perspectives.
Chapters:
1-3
4-7
8-11
12-14
15-16
17-19
20-22

It would take too much time to type out the explanation of each perspective. But, there is a lot of commonality within each perspective and vast amounts of scripture to support each perspective. I decide these perspectives by other scriptures and what is commonly described in each section. These seven sections describe things from a progressive parralelism, each section takes us further eschatologically.
And what part of the text is still yet to come?
Remember, I am positing the idea that the time frame is from Christ's first coming to His Second coming... the church age, if you will. The church age viewed from various perspectives. What is yet to come are the events just prior to the Lord's return. Stuff like The Ressurrection, the Final Judgment, Eternal Punishment, the New Heavens and New Earth, ect. Again, there is way too much scripture to go over. It would be very difficult here on CARM, with all the distractions, distractors, views being argued and the tendency of people to argue over every point and statement in each and every post... ESPECIALLY when these points and statements are twisted and misrepresented.

Not seven time frames, one time frame from seven different perspectives.
Yes, I understood that. I used my English wrong.;)

Chapters:
1-3
4-7
8-11
12-14
15-16
17-19
20-22

It would take too much time to type out the explanation of each perspective. But, there is a lot of commonality within each perspective and vast amounts of scripture to support each perspective. I decide these perspectives by other scriptures and what is commonly described in each section. These seven sections describe things from a progressive parralelism, each section takes us further eschatologically.
Obviously, they don't describe the same things. Can I assume they describe various things that occur "at the same time" (which I guess would cover the entire millennium (not strict 1000 years) so not the same calendar time, necessarily)? If this assumption is true, then should we/have we seen any of the events described (bowls, scrolls, trumpets)? Is it all symbolic or is any literal, in your view?

Remember, I am positing the idea that the time frame is from Christ's first coming to His Second coming... the church age, if you will. The church age viewed from various perspectives. What is yet to come are the events just prior to the Lord's return. Stuff like The Ressurrection, the Final Judgment, Eternal Punishment, the New Heavens and New Earth, ect. Again, there is way too much scripture to go over. It would be very difficult here on CARM, with all the distractions, distractors, views being argued and the tendency of people to argue over every point and statement in each and every post... ESPECIALLY when these points and statements are twisted and misrepresented.
Understood.

Yes, I understood that. I used my English wrong.;)

Obviously, they don't describe the same things. Can I assume they describe various things that occur "at the same time" (which I guess would cover the entire millennium (not strict 1000 years) so not the same calendar time, necessarily)? If this assumption is true, then should we/have we seen any of the events described (bowls, scrolls, trumpets)? Is it all symbolic or is any literal, in your view?

Understood.

Dude ..... you are into WAY much bibler.

Good Lord dude .....

My words are better then your words .....

But they are not ......

Good lord dude .....

Is it all symbolic or is any literal, in your view?
Each depicts the church and the world from the time of Christ's first coming to the time of His Second coming. There is both symbolism and literalism throughout the book.

Last edited:
Each depicts the church and the world from the time of Christ's first coming to the time of His Second coming. There is both symbolism and literalism throughout the book.
So on a side note: why was there such a ruckus that the dispensationalist takes things literally, but some of it is symbolic (because John was simply telling what he saw and didn't understand the reality - such as a tank or a nuclear warhead (in dispy talk)); or true symbolism, such as lampstands or stars in his hand? Both mix their ideas, it seems, and "know" one from the other simply because of individual hermeneutics.

Back to the seven perspectives. I'm following your vibe, brother, I'm just not smoking the same stuff. I'll have to take a closer look to see if I could understand an "overlay" of the seven perspectives -- that they are telling their view of the same picture.

So in this viewpoint, are the seven churches in some way a chronological view of seven "times" or are they in existence all at the same time? Are they symbolic of church "ages" or simply church "types," like Philadelphia would perhaps be the charismatics and Laodicea, the Presbyterians? :oops:

Back