The official interpreter of scripture

have you found anyone who disagrees with what was said?
have you found anyone in these forums who does not know with what was said?

Why not focus on the real issue? What does it mean?
That is the purpose of this thread - how do we know what it means. Christians aren't in agreement on its meaning - so who is right?

I do: and it is impossible for Scripture to disagree with Scripture
Why do you deny God uses figure of speech?
Why not focus on the real issue? What does it mean? and what are the implications?
Not all Christians agree that Jesus was using a figure of speech concerning the bread and wine.

No it doesn't any bearing.
sure it does: for ex: you claimed it rained all night; but can't explain why the grass is dry.
You clam the Savior's blood was spilled and His flesh broken at the Last Supper: but you can't explain why propitiation did not take place

sure it does: for ex: you claimed it rained all night; but can't explain why the grass is dry.
You clam the Savior's blood was spilled and His flesh broken at the Last Supper: but you can't explain why propitiation did not take place
Like I said, it doesn't have any bearing.

Not all Christians agree that Jesus was using a figure of speech concerning the bread and wine.
so let's investigate:
IF the Savior's blood was spilled and His flesh broken at the Last Supper:
then when did the New Covenant go into effect?
when was propitiation made?
when was the the sin penalty paid?

Like I said, it doesn't have any bearing.
you are in error:
T or F: your Mass is propitiatory BECAUSE the Last Supper was propitiatory
T or F : The Last Super was propitiatory because the Savior's blood was spilled and His flesh broken at the Last Supper

so let's investigate:
IF the Savior's blood was spilled and His flesh broken at the Last Supper:
then when did the New Covenant go into effect?
when was propitiation made?
when was the the sin penalty paid?
I don't want and endless debate over issues that divides Christians. E.g. is the bread and wine the body and blood of Christ or not?

I don't want and endless debate over issues that divides Christians. E.g. is the bread and wine the body and blood of Christ or not?
I understand your feeling:
it took you months to figure out when New Covenant went into effect. (at the Cross, not at the Last Supper)
and you still avoid addressing your claim that Jesus "effectively died" at the Last Supper.

Last edited:
I understand your feeling:
it took you months to figure out when New Covenant went into effect. (at the Cross, not at the Last Supper)
and you still avoid addressing your claim that Jesus "effectively died" at the Last Supper.
Like I said I don't want and endless debate. Since scripture has to be interpreted and Christians interpretations don't agree, where can I go to find out which interpretation is correct?

Like I said I don't want and endless debate. Since scripture has to be interpreted and Christians interpretations don't agree, where can I go to find out which interpretation is correct?
Well there is no official infallible interpretation;
and even if there was: it can't FORCE anyone to accept their interpretation.

So ..YOU are responsible to correctly handle Scripture:
It is time for you to step up and actually follow through where view takes you.
STOP avoiding questions.

Your official infallible weatherman is telling you it rained last night, but you can't answer why the grass is dry

Last edited:
I have asked for the Holy Spirit's interpretation of scripture and have yet to see it. E.g. scripture says that the bread and wine are the body and blood of Christ.
Sorry, ding, but you have seen it. Repeatedly. You've just rejected it in the hardness of your heart combined with your devotion to the RCC. ?
Christians are divided on the meaning of this passage.
True Christians are not divided. It's the pseudo-christians that have the problems - those who demand security in all matters spiritual - while rejecting the True Rock, and are too fearful - or proud - to admit that they might be wrong.

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"

Well there is no official infallible interpretation;
and even if there was: it can't FORCE anyone to accept their interpretation.

So ..YOU are responsible to correctly handle Scripture:
It is time for you to step up and actually follow through where view takes you.
STOP avoiding questions.

Your official infallible weatherman is telling you it is raining but you can't answer why the grass is dry
If there is no official interpreter of scripture then the issues will never get settled. I don't wish to have an endless debate. I just want to know what I am to believe as a Christian.

Answering your questions isn't going to settle any issues.

Sorry, ding, but you have seen it. Repeatedly. You've just rejected it in the hardness of your heart combined with your devotion to the RCC. ?

True Christians are not divided. It's the pseudo-christians that have the problems - those who demand security in all matters spiritual - while rejecting the True Rock, and are too fearful - or proud - to admit that they might be wrong.

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"
I have not seen the Holy Spirit's interpretation.

If there is no official interpreter of scripture then the issues will never get settled. I don't wish to have an endless debate. I just want to know what I am to believe as a Christian.

Answering your questions isn't going to settle any issues.
Well there is no official interpreter of scripture
and the issues will never get settled.
(even if there was: it can't FORCE anyone to accept their interpretation.)

Now what ?
Do you just give up?

If there is no official interpreter of scripture then we don't know for certain who is correct.
The pillar and foundation of the truth is the official interpreter because why else would it be called that?

Now what ?
Do you just give up?
Then Jesus' prayer "that they may be one as We are One" can never happen.
Can Jesus' prayer to the Father never happen? No. One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism (Eph 4:5). So what does that say about the statement above, of having no official interpreter? It is False.

think again:
the REASON Catholics claim their Mass is propitiatory is BECAUSE they claim the Last Supper is propitiatory.
the REASON Catholics claim the Last Supper is propitiatory is BECAUSE they claim the blood of Jesus was poured out and His flesh was broken.

so in FACT , when propitiation took place does have a bearing on the claim that the bread and wine are the body and blood of Christ.

So the QUESTION ----> When did propitiation took place: At the Last Supper or on the Cross?
It took place on the Cross and at every Mass, since it is one and the same Sacrifice.

Now what ?
Do you just give up?
No, I don't just give up. I don't believe that it will never get settle. I don't believe Jesus didn't leave his church with a way to settle issues. I believe that he gave authority to the Pope; the Pope has the authority to settle issues concerning the Christian faith. So if I want to know what to believe as a Christian I listen to the Pope - the person with authority.

1Thess521 said:
think again:
the REASON Catholics claim their Mass is propitiatory is BECAUSE they claim the Last Supper is propitiatory.
the REASON Catholics claim the Last Supper is propitiatory is BECAUSE they claim the blood of Jesus was poured out and His flesh was broken.

so in FACT , when propitiation took place does have a bearing on the claim that the bread and wine are the body and blood of Christ.

So the QUESTION ----> When did propitiation took place: At the Last Supper or on the Cross?
It took place on the Cross and at every Mass, since it is one and the same Sacrifice.
no it is not

nor is it the same sacrifice

interpreted or understood?

yes, Christians do agree.

scripture / God Himself
Sorry but Christians don't agree.

E.g.
Scripture
- says that the bread and wine are the body and blood of Christ

Catholics, Orthodox
- say that the bread and wine are the body and blood of Christ

Christians
- say that the bread and wine are not the body and blood of Christ

Christians are not in agreement with scripture.

Back