the San Francisco rebuke of the city’s archbishop, after he announced he would deny Serving communion to apostate Pelosis

Authentic Nouveau

The San Francisco Examiner's editorial board wrote a scathing rebuke of the city’s archbishop, Salvatore Cordileone, after he announced he would deny Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., Holy Communion, over her staunch support for abortion.
Setting aside Protestant/Catholic, the last people on earth to render religious advise is the Fake News circus.
The Bible calls the church leader a "watchman on the wall" Severe consequences for taking the communion while unworthy.

Scatt Francisco is the cesspool of moral depravity.

After Covid, the gubment and filthy media have become more strident in attacking and bullying churches.

Setting aside Protestant/Catholic, the last people on earth to render religious advise is the Fake News circus.
The Bible calls the church leader a "watchman on the wall" Severe consequences for taking the communion while unworthy.

Scatt Francisco is the cesspool of moral depravity.

After Covid, the gubment and filthy media have become more strident in attacking and bullying churches.
That's exactly right. Paul is clear that there are severe consequences and Ms Pelosi like the president are pro choice Catholics. That's akin to a square circle.

Pope Francis said “The eucharist is not the reward of saints but the bread of sinners.” The Pope is head of the Catholic church, and has the final word on this and other issues regarding matters of faith.

Pelosi and Biden are elected representatives in America, a secular country, and as elected representatives they are tasked with making decisions that reflect the opinions and needs of all of their constituents. They should not use the power of their offices to force others to follow the tenets of their personal religion.

Pope Francis said “The eucharist is not the reward of saints but the bread of sinners.”
I would agree with that. Jesus says this is His body an blood given for the forgiveness of sins. Matthew 26

The Pope is head of the Catholic church, and has the final word on this and other issues regarding matters of faith.
Jesus, surely John 14, Hebrews 12

Pelosi and Biden are elected representatives in America, a secular country, and as elected representatives they are tasked with making decisions that reflect the opinions and needs of all of their constituents. They should not use the power of their offices to force others to follow the tenets of their personal religion.
They should then, if their constituents want it, right?

Last edited:
Pope Francis said “The eucharist is not the reward of saints but the bread of sinners.” The Pope is head of the Catholic church, and has the final word on this and other issues regarding matters of faith.

Should unrepentant sinners receive Communion? The Bible clearly says that sinners should repent.

The archbishop has said Ms Pelosi should not be allowed the Eucharist. That's all that happened. It has nothing to do with her political power.

Should unrepentant sinners receive Communion? The Bible clearly says that sinners should repent.
I don't see that Pelosi or Biden are unrepentent sinners. No one can make that determination, actually.

I think both have said that they are personally against abortion in many or most cases, but refuse to use the power of their office to force others to live by their beliefs. That seems like a very Christian attitude to me.

I don't see that Pelosi or Biden are unrepentent sinners. No one can make that determination, actually.

I think both have said that they are personally against abortion in many or most cases, but refuse to use the power of their office to force others to live by their beliefs. That seems like a very Christian attitude to me.
The archbishop does. And since you are not even in the Catholic church anymore you have zero authority

You're right but they are acting contrary to their faith.

It's never Christian to support the termination of life.

So you believe that it is Christian to let evil happen

A Christian with the Holy Spirit living in them...would find it difficult if not impossible to live the life of Pelosi and Biden.

The archbishop does. And since you are not even in the Catholic church anymore you have zero authority
Well, I was raised Catholic and went to a Catholic high school where religion was a required course for 4 years and I went to a Catholic college where theology was required for 4 years. So I think I know something about the Church even though I am now a member of a different Christian denomination.

If Catholic politicians are somehow required to support and enact laws that are specifically in accord with the Catholic beliefs of Church authorities, then they have no business in politics.

I am old enough to remember that when JFK was running for POTUS, he had to make it clear that he would not take directions from Rome in his decision making. A lot of Americans thought he would, and were opposed to him for that reason. Times have changed, right?

A Christian with the Holy Spirit living in them...would find it difficult if not impossible to live the life of Pelosi and Biden.
But somehow you are OK with Trump's lifetime of corruption?

The fact that they are willing to let others make their own decisions is not evil.

I don't see that Pelosi or Biden are unrepentent sinners.
All believers must be repentant sinners, and whilst we are told not to judge others we do know that the same sex relations they support is sin. Now I also understand, though I may be wrong, that once Biden was refused communion he went to an lgbt affirming church for communion. Doesnt sound like someone who knows what sin and thus isnt going to think he needs to repent.

No one can make that determination, actually.
The problem with your position is you dont think anyone can safely say what sin is.

I think both have said that they are personally against abortion in many or most cases, but refuse to use the power of their office to force others to live by their beliefs.
Correct Christ is freely given and freely received
That seems like a very Christian attitude to me.
But is it? The lands Jesus moved around in weren't democracies. Jesus make it clear the world is opposed to the Kingdom. Jesus is pretty fundamental as with the whole Bible, no gods before God. But they can speak their own beliefs even whilst upholding the majority party line, but they dont

Well, I was raised Catholic and went to a Catholic high school where religion was a required course for 4 years and I went to a Catholic college where theology was required for 4 years. So I think I know something about the Church even though I am now a member of a different Christian denomination.

If Catholic politicians are somehow required to support and enact laws that are specifically in accord with the Catholic beliefs of Church authorities, then they have no business in politics.

I am old enough to remember that when JFK was running for POTUS, he had to make it clear that he would not take directions from Rome in his decision making. A lot of Americans thought he would, and were opposed to him for that reason. Times have changed, right?
We have been over this before. Christians are allowed to seek to have their views to influence the laws. Just like everyone else.

Back