Punk-ness

SteveB

One of our illustrious members has considered it important to call me a punk.

They've done so because I have considered it important enough to treat them as I want to be treated. I.e., do unto others as you want them to do to you.

Or, love one another as you want to be loved.

Listen, Steve. You sign almost every post of yours with the threat that an eternity of teeth gnashing in hell awaits us and that your sky daddy told you he is coming for us. You may call me a bully for telling you what's up without big daddy's club behind me. But do you know what they call what you are doing by threatening us with your daddy? It's called being a punk.

You are a Christian punk.
?

I have long found that people would rather be warned about impending dangers in life, so they could prepare themselves to deal with them beforehand, and not get caught off guard.

But, it appears that you would rather not be warned about impending dangers, and just deal with them as they arise.

Jesus said that I'm to treat others as I want to be treated.

Having survived a 7 year battle with metastatic melanoma cancer, and watched several friends and family members die of various diseases and illnesses, I've found that while I agree that it's exceedingly unpleasant, irritating, aggravating, and difficult, I'd rather be warned about impending dangers than to let them catch me by surprise and not leave me with the resources to deal with them if there's anything I can do to better handle it.

I've learned over the past several decades that it's part of the job of the medical profession to warn us about health issues that can waylay us, or even kill us. Having lived with this for years now, I've found that they don't like doing so anymore than we like hearing it.

I've further learned over the years that it's the legal and moral responsibility of the city, county, and state departments of transportation, in their respective municipalities to place warning signs on the roads, so people driving may know what they are to expect on the road ahead.

As a commuter, I'll be among the first to admit that I loathe road work. But the signs are a twofold thing.
1- they warn the drivers that they are coming up on work taking place on the roadway.
2- they protect the workers on those projects from driver's who have been warned.

So, if loving you as I want to be loved makes me a punk, I'm good with that.

YHVH apparently thinks highly enough about you and your safety that he's told us he will hold us accountable if we don't warn you about your future.

Eze 33:1-6 WEB 1 Yahweh’s word came to me, saying, 2 “Son of man, speak to the children of your people, and tell them, ‘When I bring the sword on a land, and the people of the land take a man from among them, and set him for their watchman, 3 if, when he sees the sword come on the land, he blows the trumpet and warns the people, 4 then whoever hears the sound of the trumpet and doesn’t heed the warning, if the sword comes and takes him away, his blood will be on his own head. 5 He heard the sound of the trumpet and didn’t take warning. His blood will be on him; whereas if he had heeded the warning, he would have delivered his soul. 6 But if the watchman sees the sword come and doesn’t blow the trumpet, and the people aren’t warned, and the sword comes and takes any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood I will require at the watchman’s hand.’

Looks pretty clear to me.

Your choice is yours, but if I don't warn you about what you're heading I'm going to have to live beyond your own sin and I don't want to spend my eternity living with your blood on my shoulders.

Last edited:
You saw it right there folks.... of course he skipped the part where he entreats us all to his cosmic threat of eternal punishment from his sky daddy. It's so knee-jerk he doesn't even see he did it again.... and then calls me a bully for saying he's full of crap and he should stop believing that nonsense.... and I go on to show him why.

But look here:
SteveB said:
Thankfully, according to 1 Corinthians 13:12, and Hebrews 4:13, God is going to explain it to his people once we enter eternity with Jesus.
He admits he doesn't know squat until he dies.

But hey, that's Steve.... the cosmic punk trotting out his cosmic daddy to threaten us..... yet again.

Last edited:
So now let's explore the term "punk", as in "punky". It is used to describe something that on the outside might seem solid, but when pressed, and poked, and leaned against, it is found to be "punky" - resembling punk in being soft or rotted. punky. adjective (2) Definition of punky (Entry 2 of 2) : resembling or typical of a punk.

When we poke at Steve's confident religious exterior that he pastes on his trunk in a paper-mache of scripture bits, we find the innards of his claims "punky", soft, and rotted.... and thus his cosmic threat emanates from that which is "punky".

You saw it right there folks.... of course he skipped the part where he entreats us all to his cosmic threat of eternal punishment from his sky daddy. It's so knee-jerk he doesn't even see he did it again.... and then calls me a bully for saying he's full of crap and he should stop believing that nonsense.... and I go on to show him why.

But look here:

But hey, that's Steve.... the cosmic punk trotting out his cosmic daddy to threaten us..... yet again.
Nobody ever forces you to read what you don't want.

For myself, as a stage 4 metastatic melanoma cancer survivor, I'm grateful that my doctors thought highly enough about me to warn me that I could die if I didn't take it seriously.

You're simply being warned about what's ahead.

So now let's explore the term "punk", as in "punky". It is used to describe something that on the outside might seem solid, but when pressed, and poked, and leaned against, it is found to be "punky" - resembling punk in being soft or rotted. punky. adjective (2) Definition of punky (Entry 2 of 2) : resembling or typical of a punk.

When we poke at Steve's confident religious exterior that he pastes on his trunk in a paper-mache of scripture bits, we find the innards of his claims "punky", soft, and rotted.... and thus his cosmic threat emanates from that which is "punky".
Rather curious that it requires its own word to define itself....

......... his sky daddy...................

Hahaha1 That's a real knee slapper there. Teehee . Did you make that one up? I get it. He's our Father in Heaven. That would, hahhahaha, make Him our Daddy in the Sky since you're so dumb as to think heaven is located in the upper stratosphere. Oh, my aching sides! That some great original stand up comedy. "Sky Daddy." Heh. You made me squirt my Dr. Pepper through my nose.

Hahaha1 That's a real knee slapper there. Teehee . Did you make that one up? I get it. He's our Father in Heaven. That would, hahhahaha, make Him our Daddy in the Sky since you're so dumb as to think heaven is located in the upper stratosphere. Oh, my aching sides! That some great original stand up comedy. "Sky Daddy." Heh. You made me squirt my Dr. Pepper through my nose.
I wouldn't consider God our "sky daddy."
Yes, he is our Father in Heaven.
But, Jesus also said that he and His Father would come and make their home with us. John 14:23.

So, there's no "sky" about it.

Really?! Hmmmmm...... Then were does one ascend if one were to do so if not *up*?

Leave it to the religious to invent new useless ways to slaughter old meaningful words to create their confusions.

Last edited:
For myself, as a stage 4 metastatic melanoma cancer survivor,
Gag me. If I hear that trotted out again I think I'll puke. Why don't you retire that?
I'm grateful that my doctors thought highly enough about me to warn me that I could die if I didn't take it seriously.

You're simply being warned about what's ahead.
LoL... yeah, comparing the wishy-washy supernatural beliefs of an ancient doomsday cult to the science of cancer just about sums up your grasp of reality.

Gag me. If I hear that trotted out again I think I'll puke. Why don't you retire that?
I'd say that since you're gagging yourself, you should stop.
It's obviously not helping you.

Why would I retire my life to make yours easier?
LoL... yeah, comparing the wishy-washy supernatural beliefs of an ancient doomsday cult to the science of cancer just about sums up your grasp of reality.
Says the god of his own doomsday cult.

I'd say that since you're gagging yourself, you should stop.
It's obviously not helping you.

Why would I retire my life to make yours easier?

Says the god of his own doomsday cult.
Yup. Listen to my prophesy and hear ye well..... I'll be dead some day.

But look here:

If you don't believe in God how can it be a threat?

If you don't believe in God how can it be a threat?
So glad you asked that question.

I could care less if you believed in resurrections, talking snakes, possessed pigs squealing to their watery grave, virgin births, fruit with knowledge properties, etc, etc. Christianity is really one of the more entertaining set of supernatural narratives when studied.

Here's the problem. It's not a self contained belief system. If you take on the intellectual vestments of this personal belief, and you yourself are the one punished for failing to follow that which you took on to believe for yourself, you and me never cross swords.

But that's not what you believe is it. When you took on the Christian faith you also took on the belief in the damnation of the entire world and the obligation to tell us so. If you preach this nonsense into our shared social space, you have entailed me and I will doggedly denounce it everywhere I find it.... and hold your feet to the fire to prove it, because it is important.

So glad you asked that question.

I could care less if you believed in resurrections, talking snakes, possessed pigs squealing to their watery grave, virgin births, fruit with knowledge properties, etc, etc. Christianity is really one of the more entertaining set of supernatural narratives when studied.

Here's the problem. It's not a self contained belief system. If you take on the intellectual vestments of this personal belief, and you yourself are the one punished for failing to follow that which you took on to believe for yourself, you and me never cross swords.

But that's not what you believe is it. When you took on the Christian faith you also took on the belief in the damnation of the entire world and the obligation to tell us so. If you preach this nonsense into our shared social space, you have entailed me and I will doggedly denounce it everywhere I find it.... and hold your feet to the fire to prove it, because it is important.
So again how is it a threat to you? Someone tells me the easter bunny will get me, so what? So basically its not a threat youre just annoyed? Well honsetly thats irrelevant you sound like a whiner. I guess I rather be a punk than a whiner.

The way I figure it either God exists or He doesn't. If you're right and he doesn't exist then you're good to go. If you're wrong and he does exist then things get dicey. But again I would suspect if God is as relevant to you as the easter bunny then im still not sure why you care what Steve has to say. Youre apparent anger looks even more unreasonable.

Last edited:
Back