How many years should I pray for atheists/agnostics, deists, and cultists to become Christians?

Really? I get the impression that people think I lack faith that "God will grant my wishes."
God grants His will, not yours. One should spend no time whatsoever praying for people to convert to a religion. Jesus didn't come to start a new religion. He came to spread the gospel message and usher in the kingdom of God.

Just as there are no Jews or Greeks, slave or free in the kingdom, so too there are no deists, theists, atheist, or any other of the sundry Christian denominations in the kingdom of God.

You should pray as long as God leads you to do so.
Im not sure many knows what prayed is?

Prayer is simply communication with God, getting to know Him in a language that is not audible, not written on stone nor a page of paper but in the heart where by listening to that what is unfamiliar we become familiar. He in me and I in Him are one. John 17.

And in that communication when one really does see Him as He is ye shall be like Him. 1 John 3. And that can not be explained in words at all, only live the life as Gods anointed, Christ in you as Jesus lived that life anointed of God.

And thos who walk as He walks in His same light pray without ceasing for we are in complete communication with God by the same mind be in us who was in Christ Jesus.

Why would you stop?
Why would I not believe that God hears and has heard all my sincere prayers? Was I the only Christian praying for my loved ones? Does God limit His intervention in someone's life based on how often I pray or how many people request the same prayer be answered according to our will, not His? Why do non-believers die without salvation?

Im not sure many knows what prayed is?

Prayer is simply communication with God, getting to know Him in a language that is not audible, not written on stone nor a page of paper but in the heart where by listening to that what is unfamiliar we become familiar. He in me and I in Him are one. John 17.

And in that communication when one really does see Him as He is ye shall be like Him. 1 John 3. And that can not be explained in words at all, only live the life as Gods anointed, Christ in you as Jesus lived that life anointed of God.

And thos who walk as He walks in His same light pray without ceasing for we are in complete communication with God by the same mind be in us who was in Christ Jesus.
You made a lot of interesting comments. Where did you get your information?

Why would I not believe that God hears and has heard all my sincere prayers? Was I the only Christian praying for my loved ones? Does God limit His intervention in someone's life based on how often I pray or how many people request the same prayer be answered according to our will, not His? Why do non-believers die without salvation?
A lot of that had no bearing on what I said. A lot of that goes on on this site. I can't figure out why.

A lot of that had no bearing on what I said. A lot of that goes on on this site. I can't figure out why.
You asked, "Why would you stop?"

I told you my thoughts; you say a lot of my thoughts have no bearing on what you said. Refresh my memory. You asked, "Why would you stop?" Why wouldn't I stop?

You made a lot of interesting comments. Where did you get your information?
The same place Jesus got his, from God Himself, Matt 3:16. Same place Adam got his information when he became like God to know this difference, Gen 3:22, same place Abraham, Moses, 120 got their information. You dont get Gods information from a book or from another person, you get it by God Himself manifest in you to have His same mind and walk in it as He walks in it. .

Last edited:
God grants His will, not yours. One should spend no time whatsoever praying for people to convert to a religion. Jesus didn't come to start a new religion. He came to spread the gospel message and usher in the kingdom of God.

Just as there are no Jews or Greeks, slave or free in the kingdom, so too there are no deists, theists, atheist, or any other of the sundry Christian denominations in the kingdom of God.
For this reason [grasping the greatness of this plan by which Jews and Gentiles are joined together in Christ] I bow my knees [in reverence] before the Father [of our Lord Jesus Christ],...So that He grant you out of the riches of His glory, to be strengthened spiritually with His glorious power through His Spirit in your innermost being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through your faith. And may you, having been [deeply] rooted and [securely] grounded in love, be fully capable of comprehending Christ’s love with all God’s people) which is beyond human comprehension. Eph 3:14-21

The same place Jesus got his, from God Himself, Matt 3:16. Same place Adam got his information when he became like God to know this difference, Gen 3:22, same place Abraham, Moses, 120 got their information. You dont get Gods information from a book or from another person, you get it by God Himself manifest in you to have His same mind and walk in it as He walks in it. .
So you like Joseph Smith's method? God's word convinces His followers when He chooses and we don't have to take Gary Mac's word. Are you aware that Jesus IS God?

Last edited:
How many years?

All of them...
I'm not talking about unbelievers in general; I'm talking about specific people. By all of them, do you mean my entire life for atheist relatives?

o_O If they are chosen for salvation by God, why does their salvation depend on how many years I pray? If not chosen, is God going to overpower their free will because I prayed 98, 000 or 99,000 times?

Last edited:
I'm not talking about unbelievers in general; I'm talking about specific people. By all of them, do you mean my entire life for atheist relatives?

o_O If they are chosen for salvation by God, why does their salvation depend on how many years I pray? If not chosen, is God going to overpower their free will because I prayed 98, 000 or 99,000 times?

See, this is what Calvinism does in the end.

Jesus taught us to pray always not faint.

And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint; (Lk. 18:1 KJV)

Ehhh, he's elect anyway, she's reprobate anyway.

Our prayers just become "decoration" instead of mountain movers, moving mountains of unbelief, stubbornness, demonic strongholds, offenses.

But there is a time to stop praying, the Bible describes it several places. Sin unto death... not even Daniel, Job and Noah...

My basic rule of thumb is pray for whoever is on my heart, try not to be soulish and just pray for who I like.

If I feel like I prayed a decent prayer, I leave it at that until the burden goes away.

Or if I should make someone a project I will pray daily or weekly for awhile until I feel my faith has done its part.

It should never be bondage or out of fear, but also make sure you cultivate actual love.

If I sense someone is hardening their heart—making free will choices to spurn the grace my prayers and others' bring—I will stop.

I'm still learning and I've been praying almost 40 years!

Let the peace of Christ umpire in your heart!

Fancy the Arminian praying:

"Lord, I thank Thee I am not like those poor presumptuous Calvinists. Lord, I was born with a glorious free-will; I was born with power by which I can turn to Thee of myself; I have improved my grace. If everybody had done the same with their grace that I have, they might have all been saved. Lord, I know that Thou does not make us willing if we are not willing ourselves. Thou givest grace to everybody; some do not improve it: but I do..."

C. H. Spurgeon

See, this is what Calvinism does in the end.

Jesus taught us to pray always not faint.

And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint; (Lk. 18:1 KJV)

Ehhh, he's elect anyway, she's reprobate anyway.

Our prayers just become "decoration" instead of mountain movers, moving mountains of unbelief, stubbornness, demonic strongholds, offenses.

But there is a time to stop praying, the Bible describes it several places. Sin unto death... not even Daniel, Job and Noah...

My basic rule of thumb is pray for whoever is on my heart, try not to be soulish and just pray for who I like.

If I feel like I prayed a decent prayer, I leave it at that until the burden goes away.

Or if I should make someone a project I will pray daily or weekly for awhile until I feel my faith has done its part.

It should never be bondage or out of fear, but also make sure you cultivate actual love.

If I sense someone is hardening their heart—making free will choices to spurn the grace my prayers and others' bring—I will stop.

I'm still learning and I've been praying almost 40 years!

Let the peace of Christ umpire in your heart!
I'm a reformed believer and I don't believe any of these claims. In fact, I've read some of your posts that border on atheism. I don't think you are an atheist and it's not my personal business anyway. Just sayin' how you may be coming across.

God Speed

Back