Circular Reasoning

we can go pray straight to God but it does not mean we cannot ask others to pray for us. we believe that by asking the saints to pray for us is a manifestation of God's wisdom and goodness. Paul teaches us not to refuse help from other parts of the mystical body of Christ (1 Cor. 12:20-21) and the saints in heaven are part of that body. nothing can separate from the love of jesus christ (Rom8: 35, 38). Further, St. James tells us in 5:16, “The prayer of a righteous man has great power in its effects.” for these reasons, intercessory prayers maybe employed by christians for each member of the body of Jesus Christ.
We are not to ask the dead and let us not play those stupid RC word games. No apostle prayed to Mary after she died.

God does not work through evil men. If you do not want your leaders flaws and sins underlined then don't make out God would use such men. They are false teachers for a start.
and your leaders are all sinless and saints.

peace be with you.

RCs love to show their ignorance of the Word.

I am noting just two of several verses referring to the way, I will highlight for you:

acts 9:2

2 and asked him for letters to the synagogues in Damascus, so that if he found any there who belonged to the Way, whether men or women, he might take them as prisoners to Jerusalem.

acts 19:9

.But some of them became obstinate; they refused to believe and publicly maligned the Way. So Paul left them. He took the disciples with him and had discussions daily in the lecture hall of Tyrannus.
what happened to 'the way' church if it is truly the one true church?

we can go pray straight to God but it does not mean we cannot ask others to pray for us.

There is nothing in Scripture which instructs us to communicate with the dead or ask them to pray for us. When anyone prays to the dead, they are doing so against what God has said explicitly NOT to do. King saul in the OT, died because he attempted to force God's hand through communication with samuel who was long dead. He wanted samuel to intercede for him.... And samuel said.....

1 Samuel 28:18
Why are you asking me

Nevermind, that saul involved the witch in his endeavor. God declared saul himself guilty of communicating with the dead. And killed saul for doing so.

As for asking others to pray for us. We who are still alive on earth can agree with others who are also still alive on earth in prayer TO God. But NOT ask a dead person to do anything for us or even attempt to talk to the dead. The words TO and FOR have two different meanings

balshan said:
God does not work through evil men. If you do not want your leaders flaws and sins underlined then don't make out God would use such men. They are false teachers for a start.
and your leaders are all sinless and saints.

peace be with you.
you're showing again your lack of understanding scripture. no human is sinless. my teachers aren't and don't claim to be, but they are saints thru the rebirth - their hearts were changed by God.

balshan said:

you're showing again your lack of understanding scripture. no human is sinless. my teachers aren't and don't claim to be, but they are saints thru the rebirth - their hearts were changed by God.
You are so right. And you wouldn't put up with them if they participated in the same sins that the RC priests are noted for. It would show they were not born again.

RC leaders being sexually immoral is not new, it has happened throughout the centuries. They have also had centuries of hiding their sins and not following the bible on such matters.

It constantly amazes me, that RCs will go to extreme lengths to justify their leaders, no matter what scripture says on such things. This is the RC thread and not the over there thread.

I also find the RCs who ask are you sinless a joke. It shows a lack of understanding of scripture, what is acceptable and what isn't. It is amazing coming from an institution that believes in venial and mortal sins, they don't seem to care that their leaders are committing grave sins.

There is nothing in Scripture which instructs us to communicate with the dead or ask them to pray for us. When anyone prays to the dead, they are doing so against what God has said explicitly NOT to do. King saul in the OT, died because he attempted to force God's hand through communication with samuel who was long dead. He wanted samuel to intercede for him.... And samuel said.....

1 Samuel 28:18
Why are you asking me

Nevermind, that saul involved the witch in his endeavor. God declared saul himself guilty of communicating with the dead. And killed saul for doing so.

As for asking others to pray for us. We who are still alive on earth can agree with others who are also still alive on earth in prayer TO God. But NOT ask a dead person to do anything for us or even attempt to talk to the dead. The words TO and FOR have two different meanings
the saints in heaven are very much alive in heaven. they are spirits and it is their body that is dead on earth. what about the transfiguration when jesus was talking with moses and elijah. both were long dead, does this mean jesus is guilty of communicating with the dead?

balshan said:

yes, all men have sin and our leaders are not exempted.
but, our leaders can trace their lineage back to the apostles.

It was swallowed up and went underground by RCC persecution. But it is in scripture and the RCC isn't. You don't even admit that you are wrong.
How can rc's admit they are wrong? They cannot. by saying that they are wrong would mean that their church is wrong. It is my sincere opinion that they would rather bite their own tongues out of their mouths than suggest that they or their church are wrong.

Back