How to know that God exists.

You were triggered.

You couldn't trigger Roy Rogers' horse if we provided you with an AK-47. Now stop stalling and

Fill in the blanks:

"Stiggy was twice dishonest. His first lie consisted of saying, ' ____________________________'.

"His second lie consisted of saying, " _____________________________'."

You couldn't trigger Roy Rogers' horse if we provided you with an AK-47. Now stop stalling and

Fill in the blanks:

"Stiggy was twice dishonest. His first lie consisted of saying, ' ____________________________'.

"His second lie consisted of saying, " _____________________________'."
Why? You won't be honest about it if I did.

Last edited:
Would I receive Muslims with welcome, because they also know God (Allah) as the permanent self-existent creator and operator of man and the universe and everything transient?

Of course, why not?

Predestined to....what, exactly?
There are only and only two destines. The choose is yours, and until THE END of this current decade you will know the sentence of your choose, in fact not only you, but the mankind as a whole.

Hi everyone whether you accept God or not, there is existence and it is never ever going to become non-existent.

Just the same, there are two kinds of existence: necessary existence and contingent existence.

Necessary existence is God, God and His existence are synonymous i.e. identical - there is something even God cannot do, extinguish Himself.

Man and everything else, for example, the universe, are contingent upon God's creation.
FAKE

Remember, everyone, the thread is about:

How to know that God exists.​

So, to keep to the topic, talk about God existing or God not existing: when you bring in the Big Bang or whatever else, relate that to God existing or God not existing.
JESUS IS GOD, GOD SON. The Word is GOD, the Word was made flesh and was born JESUS. This is the NAME that the Word -the Word is GOD- , chose for He Himself. You can blaspheme how much you wish, because what you sow you will reap very soon. Have you marked the old way which wicked men have trodden? They were cut down out of time, and perished.

Be careful or then get ready

Hi Oseas, you notice or you don't that I know God exists: "as the permanent self-existent creator and operator of man and the universe and everything transient."

We you and I belong to the same camp.

That is the generic concept of God, if your definition of God does not contain the generic concept (of course it's all right if you have more of good things with God), then your God is deficient, it can't deserve to be called God.

There are three ways man comes to know God exists:
1. By man's intelligence and rational faculty and reasoning process.
2. By reading the Bible for Christians and Orthodox Jews, for Muslims it is the Koran.
3. By meditation.

You see, Oseas, you know God exists by No. 2 way, while I know God exists by No. 1 way.

That is the only difference between you and me.
FAKE

Why? You won't be honest about it if I did.
That assertion has to be based on some previously perceived dishonesty on my part. So let me slightly alter your task and see if you once again dodge it:

Fill in the blank:

"Stiggy was previously dishonest. Let me give just one example: __________________________________."

There are three ways man comes to know the existence of God:

1. By man's intelligence and his rational faculty and his reasoning process.
2. By reading the Bible for Christians and Orthodox Jews, and the Koran for Muslims.
3. By meditation.

I know God exists by the No. 1 way.

Very briefly:
a. Man is a transient entity i.e. he is here today and then after some years of life like as much as 90 years plus, he dies.
b. The transient existence of man inevitably implicates the existence of God as the permanent self-existent creator and operator of man and the universe and everything transient.
d. Therefore God exists.

C. is missing in the above OP.

Here is the OP with c. now added:

yrger said:
There are three ways man comes to know the existence of God:

1. By man's intelligence and his rational faculty and his reasoning process.
2. By reading the Bible for Christians and Orthodox Jews, and the Koran for Muslims.
3. By meditation.

I know God exists by the No. 1 way.

Very briefly:
a. Man is a transient entity i.e. he is here today and then after some years of life like as much as 90 years plus, he dies.
b. The transient existence of man inevitably implicates the existence of God as the permanent self-existent creator and operator of man and the universe and everything transient.
c. So, we are the evidence for the existence of God.
d. Therefore God exists.

Hi 5wize, I seem to see that you got the definition of God correct - for my concept of God is that He is the permanent self-existent creator and operator of man and the universe and everything transient.

Okay, so instead of God, you maintain that nature is your God, for nature serves all he purposes of God.

Do I get you correctly?
Yes.... sort of. I don't maintain that nature is a god by standard definitions of god. Nature is blind to my existence, but it is what I find my being in.

Last edited:
Hi Tiburon: first, thanks for your contributions to the thread.

I am expounding on the existence of God, I seem to notice that you are into a kind of advocay on no god exists.

If I may, what about you expound on how you come to the finding that no God exists, is that all right with you?
My position is more that I see no reason to believe in a god. There may be some kind of god but I see no way of knowing what that god might be so the proposition doesn't help us.
My issue with your argument is your premise that the transient existence of man inevitably implicates the existence of something not transient.
Apart from simply declaring that to be the case I see no reason why it should follow.

There are only and only two destines. The choose is yours, and until THE END of this current decade you will know the sentence of your choose, in fact not only you, but the mankind as a whole.

Hi Oseas, why are you so harsh against people you deem to be plunging to hell?

Shouldn't you as a follower of Jesus Christ, the Son of God made unto man (and Jesus teaches His followers to even love their enemies) - thus you call yourself a Christian, shouldn't you be praying earnestly for their their conversion to Jesus, thus saved from hell?

I think you mean choice.
So before 2030 we can expect something to happen? What?

Yes, there is

Actually, it's your claims that are empty.

It's when you die that the truth will hit you like several tons of bricks, in a blast furnace.

Hi SteveB, shouldn't you as a follower of Jesus Christ be praying for the salvation of people who do not accept God exists, instead of threatening them with hell fire?

Back