Counterintelligence - FBI

You hit the nail on the head.
fauchee is a cube farm "book worm" reading papers and out of touch with healthcare. Left wingers read Fake News and Google wickie and do not read books. He fell for quotations from Chairman Tony
The left has been in the business of information laundering for literally hundreds of years. If you wanna go all the way back to Spinoza. People who genuine experts realized didn't know in their own time. They just keep on talking to each other and build up a body of information that they can all cite as though the know nothings are experts. But it's been brought to an astonishing crescendo in response to Donald Trump. They don't want it pointed out, and when you do this squawk like an agitated parrot.

Furthermore, the NSA and the CIA and the DIA are not supposed to be operating against Americans on US soil. Does that have anything to do with the point that you're making by posting the foregoing?

Yabbutt that is where all the cells of MAGA terrorist spooks are. We are talking serious terrorists who wanted to go to church on Sunday, not the lumber yard.

From the WSJ (9/1/2022): A high-stakes investigation

A Donald Trump appointed judge, "U.S. District Judge Aileen Cannon scheduled a hearing for Thursday afternoon in response to a lawsuit Mr. Trump filed that sought to freeze further investigation of the materials until a third-party arbiter can determine whether portions of it are off-limits because of executive or lawyer-client privilege. The Justice Department strenuously opposed the request in a detailed court filing Tuesday that described an extensive effort to obtain what prosecutors said were more than 300 classified documents that Mr. Trump took to Mar-a-Lago when he left office."

___

Update: As it turns out the high-stakes FBI investigation unhinged Pandora's box - wide open.

Bloomberg (9/6/2022): Legal Firestorm

Pandora's Box.JPG

(Wikipedia)

"When US District Judge Aileen Cannon, 41, was up for Senate confirmation in 2020, she was asked whether she’d had discussions about loyalty to then-President Donald Trump. “No,” Cannon responded under oath. Now, however, suspicions of Trump loyalty have exploded around Cannon, who on Monday issued a sweeping decision granting Trump’s request to appoint a special master to assess documents seized by the FBI in its Aug. 8 search of his Florida home. Beyond a typical review for material covered by attorney-client privilege, Cannon made the unprecedented judgment that executive privilege may be considered, too. This despite broad consensus among legal experts that the only executive who can assert that privilege right now is President Joe Biden—not Trump."

Quick question: Can former presidents assert executive privilege?

Quick answer: Yes (Also noting that according to U.S. News: "U.S. courts have not definitively ruled on the extent to which former presidents can assert executive privilege.) hmm...

"Cannon, who has said she is a member of the right-wing Federalist Society, also ordered the Justice Department to temporarily stop using the documents, including highly classified files, in its criminal investigation of Trump. Both moves elicited howls as almost entirely unmoored from law or precedent: Former federal prosecutor Andrew Weissmann, who was a senior member of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s team during the probe of alleged collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign, called Cannon’s ruling "nutty" and “lawless.” New York University law professor Chris Sprigman said it was "partisan hack judging," while prominent lawyer Ted Boutrous derided Cannon’s order as “the opposite of judicial restraint.” Cannon, who took the unorthodox step of announcing her intent well before hearing both sides, agreed with Trump’s lawyers that the investigation of the former president needed additional “safeguards” unavailable to ordinary citizens. Trump appeared to praise Cannon on Monday, saying “it takes courage and ‘guts’ to fight a totally corrupt Department of ‘Justice’ and the FBI.”

Another quick question: Is the Federalist Society a right-wing organization?

Quick answer: No. "The organization's stated objectives are "checking federal power, protecting individual liberty and interpreting the Constitution according to its original meaning", and it plays a central role in networking and mentoring young conservative lawyers." (Wikipedia)
The Libertarian party probably loves the Federalist Society.

___

Last edited:
Update: As it turns out the high-stakes FBI investigation unhinged Pandora's box - wide open.

Pandora's Box.JPG's Box.JPG

(Wikipedia)

"When US District Judge Aileen Cannon, 41, was up for Senate confirmation in 2020, she was asked whether she’d had discussions about loyalty to then-President Donald Trump. “No,” Cannon responded under oath. Now, however, suspicions of Trump loyalty have exploded around Cannon, who on Monday issued a sweeping decision granting Trump’s request to appoint a special master to assess documents seized by the FBI in its Aug. 8 search of his Florida home. Beyond a typical review for material covered by attorney-client privilege, Cannon made the unprecedented judgment that executive privilege may be considered, too. This despite broad consensus among legal experts that the only executive who can assert that privilege right now is President Joe Biden—not Trump."

Quick answer: Yes (Also noting that according to U.S. News: "U.S. courts have not definitively ruled on the extent to which former presidents can assert executive privilege.) hmm...

"Cannon, who has said she is a member of the right-wing Federalist Society, also ordered the Justice Department to temporarily stop using the documents, including highly classified files, in its criminal investigation of Trump. Both moves elicited howls as almost entirely unmoored from law or precedent: Former federal prosecutor Andrew Weissmann, who was a senior member of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s team during the probe of alleged collusion between Russia and the Trump campaign, called Cannon’s ruling "nutty" and “lawless.” New York University law professor Chris Sprigman said it was "partisan hack judging," while prominent lawyer Ted Boutrous derided Cannon’s order as “the opposite of judicial restraint.” Cannon, who took the unorthodox step of announcing her intent well before hearing both sides, agreed with Trump’s lawyers that the investigation of the former president needed additional “safeguards” unavailable to ordinary citizens. Trump appeared to praise Cannon on Monday, saying “it takes courage and ‘guts’ to fight a totally corrupt Department of ‘Justice’ and the FBI.”

Quick answer: No. "The organization's stated objectives are "checking federal power, protecting individual liberty and interpreting the Constitution according to its original meaning", and it plays a central role in networking and mentoring young conservative lawyers." (Wikipedia)

___
I find it astonishing that you cite Andrew Weissmann as an authority on what's right and wrong in the US Justice Department. That's like citing Benedict Arnold as an authority on what's right and wrong respecting patriotism to the United States.

Do you even know who Andrew Weissman is? He's one of the most infamous near criminal figures in the US justice system! Because of his diabolical excesses and underhanded skulduggery. Arthur Andersen one of the most venerated accounting firms in history was driven out of business because of his false and malicious prosecution shortly before the Supreme Court throughout Wiseman's wrongful persecution of that innocent firm. It's small comfort to all of the thousands and thousands of people whose lives were totally ruined by the destruction of this American institution. That they were vindicated finally in the Supreme Court, their lives and lifework are still just as obliterated as if they had been guilty.

How you can make a citation where Andrew Wiseman is seriously cited as an "authority" and make no reference to that at all is absolutely beyond comprehension.

I find it astonishing that you cite Andrew Weissmann as an authority on what's right and wrong in the US Justice Department.

I didn't cite Weissmann, Bloomberg takes that responsibility here.

That's like citing Benedict Arnold as an authority on what's right and wrong respecting patriotism to the United States.

Do you even know who Andrew Weissman is?

I don't have a personal opinion about the man.

Andrew Weissmann:

- a Professor of Practice with the Center on the Administration of Criminal Law
- a lead prosecutor in Robert S. Mueller’s Special Counsel’s Office
- taught courses in national security and criminal procedure
- served as the General Counsel for the Federal Bureau of Investigation
- was a federal prosecutor for 15 years in the Eastern District of New York, where he served as the Chief of the Criminal Division

He's one of the most infamous near criminal figures in the US justice system!

Was he disbarred?

Because of his diabolical excesses and underhanded skulduggery. Arthur Andersen one of the most venerated accounting firms in history was driven out of business because of his false and malicious prosecution shortly before the Supreme Court throughout Wiseman's wrongful persecution of that innocent firm. It's small comfort to all of the thousands and thousands of people whose lives were totally ruined by the destruction of this American institution. That they were vindicated finally in the Supreme Court, their lives and lifework are still just as obliterated as if they had been guilty.

^That^ really leaves a lingering bad taste in my mind's eye after reading your - ? - anything but glaring assessment.

Quick question: Are you writing about the time when he worked as the Director of the Enron Task Force where Enron's financially massive collapse damaged literally thousands of employees and rattled Wall Street to its foundations?

How you can make a citation where Andrew Wiseman is seriously cited as an "authority" and make no reference to that at all is absolutely beyond comprehension.

That is a thought for the NYU School of Law to consider, because he is a member of their faculty.

Cannon's perjury under oath will probably be ignored here. How executive privilege is interpreted under the constitution for a former president will be critical.

___

I didn't cite Weissmann, Bloomberg takes that responsibility here.

I don't have a personal opinion about the man.

Andrew Weissmann:

- a Professor of Practice with the Center on the Administration of Criminal Law
- a lead prosecutor in Robert S. Mueller’s Special Counsel’s Office
- taught courses in national security and criminal procedure
- served as the General Counsel for the Federal Bureau of Investigation
- was a federal prosecutor for 15 years in the Eastern District of New York, where he served as the Chief of the Criminal Division

Was he disbarred?

^That^ really leaves a lingering bad taste in my mind's eye after reading your - ? - anything but glaring assessment.

Quick question: Are you writing about the time when he worked as the Director of the Enron Task Force where Enron's financially massive collapse damaged literally thousands of employees and rattled Wall Street to its foundations?
Amazing! You have no clue who Andrew Wiseman is. Arthur Anderson was not guilty of the charges related to Enron Andrew Weissman trumped up and drove them out of business for. When I graduated college Arthur Anderson was the largest accounting firm in the world at that moment. And Ron was engaged in fraud. Auditors are not responsible for detecting fraud because fraud is perpetrated by collusion and there are no audit procedures that can detect collusion. That is the first thing they teach you in accounting school.

It is impossible that Andrew Weissman did not know this. But he drove Arthur Andersen out of business on this false pretext full well knowing what he was doing. I'm not guessing that Andrew Wiseman was wrong the Supreme Court says that Andrew Wiseman was wrong. I'm not guessing that Andrew Weissman destroyed the largest accounting firm in the world at the time, that he destroyed it, history records.
That is a thought for the NYU School of Law to consider, because he is a member of their faculty.
So you placed the administration of the NYU school of law in charge of your moral compass? Shame on you!

I find it astonishing that you cite Andrew Weissmann as an authority on what's right and wrong in the US Justice Department. That's like citing Benedict Arnold as an authority on what's right and wrong respecting patriotism to the United States.
I can write a couple paragraphs on how he was found to be wrong in how he botched A Anderson/Enron matter.

The Enron Matter was unreported contingent liabilities not reflected in Footnotes to financials.
You and I understand those matters and @inertia is a discredited CPA outsider.

The officers of Enron had side deals. They signed as officer/guarantors for loans of non affiliated companies.

There was no audit trail for Anderson to trace that.

Do you even know who Andrew Weissman is? He's one of the most infamous near criminal figures in the US justice system! Because of his diabolical excesses and underhanded skulduggery. Arthur Andersen one of the most venerated accounting firms in history was driven out of business because of his false and malicious prosecution shortly before the Supreme Court throughout Wiseman's wrongful persecution of that innocent firm. It's small comfort to all of the thousands and thousands of people whose lives were totally ruined by the destruction of this American institution. That they were vindicated finally in the Supreme Court, their lives and lifework are still just as obliterated as if they had been guilty.

Remember the ethics exam?

Anderson Consulting had around 25 million dollar contract to run the Accounting Department for Enron.
Anderson CPA's audited their sister enterprise. for a similar annual contract.

Enron wind is GE Wind now.
Enron Pipeline (the crown jewel of Enron assets and cash flow was Northern Natural Gas.) now owned by Buffett.

The Enron oil exploration company EOG is doing well.

Amazing! You have no clue who Andrew Wiseman is. Arthur Anderson was not guilty of the charges related to Enron Andrew Weissman trumped up and drove them out of business for. When I graduated college Arthur Anderson was the largest accounting firm in the world at that moment. And Ron was engaged in fraud. Auditors are not responsible for detecting fraud because fraud is perpetrated by collusion and there are no audit procedures that can detect collusion. That is the first thing they teach you in accounting school.

Contingent liabilities not in footnotes to financials and not part of the financials or even mentioned to Anderson.

@inertia might understand co-signature by a parent for a kid buying a car. If it was not reported toCredit Bureau.

It is impossible that Andrew Weissman did not know this. But he drove Arthur Andersen out of business on this false pretext full well knowing what he was doing. I'm not guessing that Andrew Wiseman was wrong the Supreme Court says that Andrew Wiseman was wrong. I'm not guessing that Andrew Weissman destroyed the largest accounting firm in the world at the time, that he destroyed it, history records.

So you placed the administration of the NYU school of law in charge of your moral compass? Shame on you!
He also has no clue of Enron's foot prints. The 4 active commodity counter traders, el Paso, Dynegy Koch and Enron ran with speculation. Enron cobbled up the utilities market in California like Newscum is doing today.

Many of the trading desk guys had worked for one of the other of the 4 also. My sources included insiders who sat in my office across the desk from me.

Big 8 CPA's

Grant Thornton acquired Denver,wichita Elmer Fox & Co, (someone once told me Elmer was CPA under grandfather clause)

Number 9 in size.
If I remember right, Grant Thornton had a managing Partner in an office that COLLUDED and ended up

Jose L. Gomez, former managing partner of Grant`s South Florida offices, pleaded guilty earlier to conspiracy and fraud charges, saying he received payments from ESM officers in exchange for certifying false financial statements.

Last month, Grant Thornton reached a $22.5 million, out-of-court settlement with American Savings & Loan Association of Florida. American Savings, an ESM customer, contended that Grant shared responsibility for the thrift`s $80 million in losses since the accounting firm certified ESM`s fraudulent financial statements.

Pandora's Box.JPG's Box.JPG

(Wikipedia)

___

Fake news sources

___

Amazing! You have no clue who Andrew Wiseman is. ...

...and Andrew Wiseman is not the one that will potentially be accused for serious crimes. Former president Donald Trump might or he might not be accused of serious crimes.

One of the crimes might have been under 18 U.S.C. § 2071 (i.e. removal, mutilation, and / or willful concealment of any government property).

___

I can write a couple paragraphs on how he was found to be wrong in how he botched A Anderson/Enron matter.

The Enron Matter was unreported contingent liabilities not reflected in Footnotes to financials.
You and I understand those matters and @inertia is a discredited CPA outsider.

The officers of Enron had side deals. They signed as officer/guarantors for loans of non affiliated companies.

There was no audit trail for Anderson to trace that.

Remember the ethics exam?

Anderson Consulting had around 25 million dollar contract to run the Accounting Department for Enron.
Anderson CPA's audited their sister enterprise. for a similar annual contract.

Enron wind is GE Wind now.
Enron Pipeline (the crown jewel of Enron assets and cash flow was Northern Natural Gas.) now owned by Buffett.

The Enron oil exploration company EOG is doing well.
Of course Anderson Consulting now Accenture survived. But they were completely different firms at the time. Back when I was a newly minted accountant it was all one firm but that was not true by the time the Enron issue came along.

...and Andrew Wiseman is not the one that will potentially be accused for serious crimes.
Well he's guilty of them. Your sign was an expert.
Former president Donald Trump might or he might not be accused of serious crimes.
That is an insane proposition. Kash Patel was there, “I was there with President Trump when he said ‘We are declassifying this information.'” These are declassified documents. It doesn't matter whether it's in a folder that says "top-secret" or "special access" or anything else. The powers of the presidency belong to the president they don't belong to whoever supplies the stationary to the government.
One of the crimes might have been under 18 U.S.C. § 2071 (i.e. removal, mutilation, and / or willful concealment of any government property).
That is an insane allegation. No president in the history of the Republic has ever been charged under that statute upon leaving office.

"Historic?" It is a continuation of six years of uninterrupted skulduggery! You need to check your moral compass. You have entirely lost your ability to identify unadulterated evil.

Yes, definitively - historic

Lawlessness will be determined in time. Is it a past president or is it the DOJ that is performing lawless and deceptive behavior? This will be determined, not by mere opinion, but by our system based on the constitution.

___

Back