A tale of two statements

Why would you actually want to spend your life arguing with strangers when YHVH himself states in the bible, he will give you eternal life simply for turning to him, and placing your trust in Jesus Christ?

Or did you miss that part?

It's all contained in the bible Nickle. You don't have to believe a single word I write.

You can corroborate it for yourself.
Why would I trust, or believe, that your faith in what the Bible says is worth considering when you've been so demonstrably wrong about every other concept of god you have professed to us in this thread? If Biblical belief makes you so wrong about so much, of what worth is it really?

I mean, that I could just believe and still be as wrong about the nature of life as you would be unsettling... except at least I would have some comfort in belief alone I suppose. What a silly, childish, and cultish way to experience this life.

Last edited:
... except you just responded. :ROFLMAO:

Correct; about there being no NECESSITY for a response. Please try to pay better attention.

And I notice that about 90% of your own stupid responses include that insipid emoji on nitrous oxide. Is that a self-portrait? He lacks charisma, your royal highness.

Why would I trust, or believe, that your faith in what the Bible says is worth considering when you've been so demonstrably wrong about every other concept of god you have professed to us in this thread? If Biblical belief makes you so wrong about so much, of what worth is it really?
Actually, the point is that YHVH is inviting you to find out for yourself.
No argument. It's a simple invitation.
He said he would give you the wherewithal to know him. Jeremiah 24 vs 7.

I mean, that I could just believe and still be as wrong about the nature of life as you would be unsettling... except at least I would have some comfort in belief alone I suppose. What a silly, childish, and cultish way to experience this life.
It's not a matter of intellectual assent.
It's akin to being seated in a chair, and then leaning back on two legs.

You can either take the time to find out for yourself or you can argue about what you think is the case, and completely miss it.

The choice is yours.

It's written quite plainly in Romans 6, vs 23--
The wages of sin is death.
But the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ.

Correct; about there being no NECESSITY for a response. Please try to pay better attention.
No you didn't. You said "I love it when you save us all the trouble of a response. " Except you did take the trouble to respond. Just admit you made an oopsie. You'll feel better. :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :D (y) ?

Ah.
Well then. That always makes it so easy to recognize that you don't actually want to be taken seriously.
Another tangent unrelated to what I said.

Easy.
B, c, d, e, f, g, h, I, j, k, l, m, n, o, p, ....

You should pay closer attention to what I've previously explained.
Only you haven't explained. You just respond to A with Q and no indication of B, c, d...

God's Word and his Spirit.
It's a very simple matter. Nothing complex about it.
So God's word is assurance of what you read in God's word?

Nope.
It didn't say- faith does.....
It said
Faith IS....
And sugar is what makes food sweet.
Still doesn't tell me what sugar actually is.

Yep...
FAITH IS......
There's no DOES in there.....
The "does" is in the context. Faith provides something. Assurance.

The first time you went to your present residence, and opened the door to enter it, what basis did you have to know you could actually open the door?
I didn't "know" I could actually open the door. I had previous experience with doors and locks and keys.
Having "faith" that I had the right key and that the door would act in the same way other doors did, was no "assurance" that it would actually open.

Confidence.
Confidence.
Show me where confidence is an emotion.
What do you think confidence is? It's a feeling.

So, if you discover something, and you decide to test it, you don't actually experience emotions that give you the sense that it's trustworthy?
Repetition gives you the sense that it's trustworthy.

So, I have to have enough atoms before there's actually gold present?
A barometer is a man-made device. How do you know it's actually a valid device?
No you can measure an atom of Gold. It's just easier with a lump.
You know it's valid through repeated use. Achieving the same result under the same conditions.

?
I read the bible daily! You should try it sometime. There's infinite wealth, wisdom, understanding, insight, hope, encouragement, life, and joy available within its covers.

Not my suggestion, it's plainly stated in the book of Hebrews.
Heb 10:36 WEB For you need endurance so that, having done the will of God, you may receive the promise.

This is something that everyone who follows Jesus must do. He was pretty clear about it.

Joh 8:31-32 WEB 31 Jesus therefore said to those Jews who had believed him, “If you remain in my word, then you are truly my disciples. 32 You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”

We have to continue.... note that word, remain....
I don't see where it says, if you quit, you'll know the truth.

So I should just believe, regardless of having no reason to believe?

Actually, you're the one who has made a declaration about something you say can't be known.
Not to you. That's simply because you have closed yourself off from observing what the rest of us plainly perceive.
If you plainly perceived it then you wouldn't have had to ask God if he was real or just BS.
It seems it's only plainly perceived once you believe.

So, if I follow your thinking here, I can claim that my chunk of lead is actually gold, and that would make it true?
If you had actually followed my thinking you wouldn't have asked that question?
No. It wouldn't make it true. Just as claiming "The heavens themselves declare YHVH's glory" doesn't make that true.

Actually, the point is that YHVH is inviting you to find out for yourself.
No argument. It's a simple invitation.
He said he would give you the wherewithal to know him. Jeremiah 24 vs 7.

It's not a matter of intellectual assent.
It's akin to being seated in a chair, and then leaning back on two legs.

You can either take the time to find out for yourself or you can argue about what you think is the case, and completely miss it.

The choice is yours.

It's written quite plainly in Romans 6, vs 23--
The wages of sin is death.
But the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ.
Again, why would I trust, or believe, that your faith in what the Bible says is worth considering when you've been so demonstrably wrong about your own relationship to the god you have professed to us? One would want to stay away from the materials that make someone so demonstrably wrong about the nature of their own life and of our lives. Why would I want to play some stupid game with my life like rocking it back like on 2 legs of a chair when sitting on 4 legs, as a chair normally presents without unnecessary belief in it working as a 2 legged chair, is sound and effective?

You actually lack any awareness of what I'm saying.
Well, if you actually had anything to say, it seems like it should make sense. But as you continue to make clear..... you have no sense.

Since however you want to discuss logic, watch these 3 videos, then you should have something that is logical to discuss.

Again, why would I trust, or believe, that your faith in what the Bible says is worth considering when you've been so demonstrably wrong about your own relationship to the god you have professed to us? One would want to stay away from the materials that make someone so demonstrably wrong about the nature of their own life and of our lives. Why would I want to play some stupid game with my life like rocking it back like on 2 legs of a chair when sitting on 4 legs, as a chair normally presents without unnecessary belief in it working as a 2 legged chair, is sound and effective?
Instead of bit9h8ng and whining, it really is a simple invitation to receive a gift.

Do you actually think that griping about what you think about me and my views is going to help you resolve this issue?

Read the bible for yourself.
Find out for yourself whether the topics I'm discussing have any basis in the bible.

Well, if you actually had anything to say, it seems like it should make sense. But as you continue to make clear..... you have no sense.

Since however you want to discuss logic, watch these 3 videos, then you should have something that is logical to discuss.

I would like to discuss whether logic is dependent on God or not, but you seem incapable of doing so.

I watched the first few seconds of the video about what's more logical etc, and it starts with the argument from design which commits several fallacies.

Further, I watched the third video passage about the Laws of Logic. now, I think the presenter got a few things wrong and I can say why, but first can you steel man his points in a brief summary?

Last edited:
Instead of bit9h8ng and whining, it really is a simple invitation to receive a gift.

Do you actually think that griping about what you think about me and my views is going to help you resolve this issue?

Read the bible for yourself.
Find out for yourself whether the topics I'm discussing have any basis in the bible.
I've attended 4 years of private religious study already which the bible was studied cover to cover twice. That resolved much of it for me. You continually bolster that resolution in me by showing us who you are and the source of that which made you that way.

There's not much good in it if what you have become, as a result of following its premises, is the end-game. You live in a self imposed delusion as evidenced by your experience of cancer and how you interpret its remission.

Another tangent unrelated to what I said.
Considering that you've become tangentially unrelated to the point of where you want to spend your eternity, I'm not bothered by your complaint here.

Only you haven't explained. You just respond to A with Q and no indication of B, c, d...
I've spent years explaining.
You have refused to listen, and run amok with tangential rabbit trails.

So God's word is assurance of what you read in God's word?
God's Spirit affirms his Word, and encourages us, in our obedience to his Word.

And sugar is what makes food sweet.
Still doesn't tell me what sugar actually is.
Perfect example of a tangential rabbit trail.
Faith IS the assurance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen.

Ever flown a plane? Ever heard of IFR? Instrument Flight Rules.
It's the way pilots fly in storms, and conditions where they are not able to use their senses.

They have to depend on the instruments to fly.
It's the same with biblical christianity.
We follow Jesus by using the bible. I.e., the bible is our IFR.

The "does" is in the context. Faith provides something. Assurance.
Faith IS the assurance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen.
Consider the IFR example.
Better yet, go talk with a commercial pilot who has flown via IFR.

I didn't "know" I could actually open the door. I had previous experience with doors and locks and keys.
Which goes to the point of- you had faith that the individual who handed you the key gave you the right key, for that particular door.
The assurance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not seen.

Having "faith" that I had the right key and that the door would act in the same way other doors did, was no "assurance" that it would actually open.
The assurance was demonstrated by you inserting the key into the lock, and rotating it.

Its working confirmed that it was the right key, and you could then have confidence that it was the right key for that door, and from that point forward, be confident.

You exhibited faith in the initial experience of taking the key, inserting it into the keyhole, and rotating.
Had it not fit the hole, or fit, and not rotated, then you would have learned it was not the right key.
But each step you took demonstrated that you expressed faith, and then you received the assurance that your faith was well-placed and the evidence of things not previously seen.
The fit of the key, and the key's rotating in the keyhole.

The door unlocking/opening is the proof.

Jesus said that he is the door, and by him alone we access God.

By calling on his name, and believing him, we are inserting the key into the door lock, and then turning it, and opening the door.

The right key to the right door.

What do you think confidence is? It's a feeling.
If you say so. I think it's the result of experiencing success in previous endeavors. The bible says that confidence is the result of righteousness.

Isa 32:17 WEB The work of righteousness will be peace, and the effect of righteousness, quietness and confidence forever.

Isa 30:15 WEB For thus said the Lord Yahweh, the Holy One of Israel, “You will be saved in returning and rest. Your strength will be in quietness and in confidence.”......

Confidence is based on experience. On experiencing success and failures. You learn what works, and doesn't work. You continue to do what works, and learn a different way of doing what failed so you can succeed and do what works.

In learning to do what Jesus said, I learn that I can rest in peace doing what Jesus said because it works, and I can have confidence in him.
In doing this, he demonstrates himself to us. We actually experience peace with him. We actually experience His presence in our lives. We actually experience His joy in our hearts. By learning to follow Jesus and do what he said is right, we experience him
Paul describes in Philippians 3, we experience being conformed to his death, so we may experience the power of his resurrection.
In 2 Corinthians 1, Romans 8, 2 Corinthians 4, we experience the struggles and heartaches of being people who follow Jesus, and in this God demonstrates himself faithful to his word and he comforts, encourages, strengthens and establishes us.

Repetition gives you the sense that it's trustworthy.
Thus, confidence.

No you can measure an atom of Gold. It's just easier with a lump.
If you actually have a mand made device to do so.
It's invisible to the human eye.
You know it's valid through repeated use. Achieving the same result under the same conditions.
Confidence.

So I should just believe, regardless of having no reason to believe?
Where I come from, the initial experience is that of "taking a chance."
I took a chance with my wife when we first met.
I took a chance at applying for jobs. I took a chance at buying a car. I took a chance at driving. I took a chance at buying a house. I've taken a lot of chances in my life. Some succeeded. Some failed.
Those which succeeded encouraged me, and gave me confidence. Those which failed, and mattered to me, I moved into learning a different way, or just moved into something else entirely.

If you plainly perceived it then you wouldn't have had to ask God if he was real or just BS.
It seems it's only plainly perceived once you believe.
Plainly perceived by engaging Jesus on his terms.

If you had actually followed my thinking you wouldn't have asked that question?
No. It wouldn't make it true. Just as claiming "The heavens themselves declare YHVH's glory" doesn't make that true.
Actually, it just means that you don't want it to be true.

What I perceived in considering the nighttime sky was awe, and wonder.
How could something so profound come into existence.

The idea that it just magically appeared never actually occurred to me.

I've attended 4 years of private religious study already which the bible was studied cover to cover twice. That resolved much of it for me. You continually bolster that resolution in me by showing us who you are and the source of that which made you that way.

After 4 years I was just beginning to get intrigued.
Did any of those 4 years of private education include encouragement to actually do anything the bible describes?
Things that would provide demonstration that God would do something on your behalf, today?
Or was your 4 years of private education just talking about a book that God did stuff for people a very long time ago, but he doesn't actually do anything for people today?

There's not much good in it if what you have become, as a result of following its premises, is the end-game. You live in a self imposed delusion as evidenced by your experience of cancer and how you interpret its remission.
Sounds like you're bothered by the idea that God actually works on behalf of, and in the lives of those who believe him.... today.

I would like to discuss whether logic is dependent on God or not, but you seem incapable of doing so.
Pity.... you could have actually expected to be taken seriously years ago had you bothered by giving me what I'd like when I asked you hundreds of questions about your beliefs..
You've pretty much lost any right to be able to like anything.
I watched the first few seconds of the video about what's more logical etc, and it starts with the argument from design which commits several fallacies.
Seconds..... mere seconds...

Seems like you have a problem.

Mere seconds mean that the speaker had just begun their introduction to the topic they were discussing.

Back