The problem with the American elite

So what difference did the legalization of SSM make in your life? Was your marriage suddenly invalidated? Did gay couples buy up the houses in your neighborhood and keep inviting you to block parties?
What difference would it make if 3 people in a polygamous marriage move in next door to you?

The Christian scriptures do not have the sole right to define marriage, especially in a secular nation like the USA.
It's amazing you think that's a plausible statement. God wrote the Christian scriptures. So He has the divine right to do whatever He chooses. Without God there would be no rights. We could have a deeper conversation about this, but it's quite frankly beyond your depth.

It's amazing you think that's a plausible statement. God wrote the Christian scriptures. So He has the divine right to do whatever He chooses. Without God there would be no rights. We could have a deeper conversation about this, but it's quite frankly beyond your depth.
It is amazing to me that you think you have an argument.
You are welcome to your beliefs, but you and your God together cannot change the laws in our secular nation unless you gain a majority among voters and legislators, which is where the power lies.
Rights in any given society are chosen by that society.
Your insults are not an argument.

You are welcome to your beliefs, but you and your God together cannot change the laws in our secular nation unless you gain a majority among voters and legislators, which is where the power lies.
Great revivals have happened before and the can happen again

I recognize the problem, but if you're going to barrel toward the edge of the cliff, it's a lot better to go 5 miles an hour than 95 miles an hour, which is the practical advantage in voting for Republicans.
That sounds a bit masochistic. I think I’d rather just get it over with.

First of all, they're not marriages. You do great harm to everyone when you make people affirm falsehood. At a practical level it means that the government has to dictate the interpretation of Christian scriptures which is from the standpoint of the first amendment an impossibility.

Marriage had a definition long before scriptures were written.

ETA- and not just in that little piece of the world in the Middle East.

Last edited:
Unequal treatment is written into the Constitution: you cannot stand for President unless you are at least 35 years old. That is unequal treatment by age.

You think this negates the equal treatment of citizens?

So get the Constitution ammended and make it government's business.

Listening to Pelosi a couple weeks ago talking about the Constitution.....then she turns around and thumbs her nose at it....

Tax. Married people are treated differently from single people in the tax systems, both Federal and State. "Render unto Caesar" makes tax a secular area, not a religious area.
Could make them civil partnerships then, same tax and rights, but differentiate between man/woman marriage and same sex ones.. cos they are kind of opposites

Back