Sunday Mass

I'll tell you what devout Catholics have told me as to why:

They have to be threatened to go to church because, if not, they would not go.

Interesting, huh?

Keep in mind, those are the devout Catholics saying that.

Why are Roman Catholics strictly taught that they must go to Mass every Sunday, under penalty of serious sin?
I
It is the first step to indoctrination process. Drill it into the kids heads that they will go to hell if they do not go to church. Maybe they still live in the same small town as they grew up in. You know a rc mother will never let her kids hear the end of it if they do not attend regularly. It is also possible that the in house gossip network keeps them going back. nobody likes being gossiped about.

Because Sunday is the Christian Sabbath

No it is not.

The Sabbath is Saturday.

Stop making nonsense up and posting it.

By not attending Mass we implicitly state by our actions that we are not part of the covenant.

Nowhere taught by God anywhere.

Funny how so many devout Catholics do not want to be part of the covenant that they have to be coerced into attendance!

LOL.

Jesus IS the Sabbath! How can he not keep himself?
I think that HE did purposefully to show the Jews and their leadership that they had gone down the wrong path towards works based salvation.

John 5:9 And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked: and on the same day was the sabbath.
John 5:10 The Jews therefore said unto him that was cured, It is the sabbath day: it is not lawful for thee to carry thy bed.

John 5:16 And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day.

John 5:18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

Why are Roman Catholics strictly taught that they must go to Mass every Sunday, under penalty of serious sin?
I
In Christianity, church membership is required, but there's nothing that says we cannot miss a day here and there or that there are consequences for missing church occasionally.

In Catholicism, they have to scare members into attending by telling them, "Attend, or else!"

Because Sunday is the Christian Sabbath and thus the day of covenant.

By not attending Mass we implicitly state by our actions that we are not part of the covenant.
Thanks for showing us that Catholics do the literal opposite of what Colossians 2 says:

Colossians 2: 13-16 said:
"And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, 14by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross. 15He disarmed the rulers and authoritiesb and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him.c

16Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath.[/qute]

Read what God has to say about it.

There is no requirement to worship on Sunday and we are not to be judged on what day we choose to worship on.

God did not change the Sabbath to a Sunday. Also, one did not have to attend a mass on the Sunday at all. The Sabbath was a day of rest and a time to remember all that God had done.
I meant to add that to my last post. For the Christian, our Sabbath is no longer a day of the week, but Christ.

The Sabbath day was just a foreshadow of the rest we would have in Christ.

But, now that we have Christ, we have no more need of the shadow. We have the real thing.

On the other hand, Catholics don't seem to have rested from all their legal requirements, so maybe they still are under the shadow and not the real thing.

In Christianity, church membership is required, but there's nothing that says we cannot miss a day here and there or that there are consequences for missing church occasionally.

In Catholicism, they have to scare members into attending by telling them, "Attend, or else!"
If anything, Roman Catholics probably attend Mass every Sunday out of some kind of Roman Catholic fidelity to this tradition of communal worship.

The RCC is an organization that loves imposing obligations and enacting rules for its members to believe. Its devout members often think the rules should be stricter even.

I used to post years ago on a now defunct RC-owned discussion forum- before I was suspended for 1,000 years. Some of the RC posters there were scandalized by how the Magisterium was sometimes reducing the numbers of HDO's that mass attendance was required or else. The idea of voluntary attendance just sort of outraged them, but I was told not to return for a millennium before I was able to really get inside their heads and figure out the "why".

I meant to add that to my last post. For the Christian, our Sabbath is no longer a day of the week, but Christ.

The Sabbath day was just a foreshadow of the rest we would have in Christ.

But, now that we have Christ, we have no more need of the shadow. We have the real thing.

On the other hand, Catholics don't seem to have rested from all their legal requirements, so maybe they still are under the shadow and not the real thing.
That was so well put. Jesus is our everything. He is our rest.

Worse still they make out these sacraments give special benefits, which is not true. It is all part of their so called good works.

Back