Atheisim is not real.

Ok, so I'm guessing you don't believe the Bible because it's written by humans. Well you're human, you're people so I can't trust you then? And you made a claim that you didn't back up
Yes it's written by humans with all the good and bad that that implies. Saying it was only mythology was an exaggeration. It contains truths, errors and falsehoods. I don't accept everything it says simply because it is allegedly inspired. Neither should you.
You don't even know me. Why would you trust me. You don't have to, you can go and investigate for yourself.
The Bible makes some claims that have no evidentiary support and in some cases the evidence we do have, works against it.
Geological, archaeological and historical evidence shows the Bible to contain many errors.
It is part history, part myth and part propaganda.

Yes it's written by humans with all the good and bad that that implies. Saying it was only mythology was an exaggeration. It contains truths, errors and falsehoods. I don't accept everything it says simply because it is allegedly inspired. Neither should you.
You don't even know me. Why would you trust me. You don't have to, you can go and investigate for yourself.
The Bible makes some claims that have no evidentiary support and in some cases the evidence we do have, works against it.
Geological, archaeological and historical evidence shows the Bible to contain many errors.
It is part history, part myth and part propaganda.
Ok. Can you point out those errors and lies? Also can you show me them evidences that disprove the authority of the Bible?

Ok. Can you point out those errors and lies? Also can you show me them evidences that disprove the authority of the Bible?
1. The earth is older than 6,000+ years old. Granted the Bible doesn't make that claim, it's something creationists claim to be, based on a calculation from biblical genealogies, but geology and archaeology show this to be incorrect.
2.Noah's ark. A total impossibility.
3. The sun standing still in the book of Joshua. Another impossibility.
4. The Genesis story. No evidence of the Hebrews being slaves in Egypt and escaping across the Red sea. At least not in the numbers reported in the Bible.
5. The invasion of Canaan. Another event for which there is no evidence. Genetics and archaeology show the Hebrews and Canaanites to be the same people. The story may just be representative of a shift in the main deity being worshiped.

The authority of the Bible? Any the authority the Bible has is only in the minds of believers. It has as much authority as the declaration of independence.
Or is that not what you mean?

1. The earth is older than 6,000+ years old. Granted the Bible doesn't make that claim, it's something creationists claim to be, based on a calculation from biblical genealogies, but geology and archaeology show this to be incorrect.
2.Noah's ark. A total impossibility.
3. The sun standing still in the book of Joshua. Another impossibility.
4. The Genesis story. No evidence of the Hebrews being slaves in Egypt and escaping across the Red sea. At least not in the numbers reported in the Bible.
5. The invasion of Canaan. Another event for which there is no evidence. Genetics and archaeology show the Hebrews and Canaanites to be the same people. The story may just be representative of a shift in the main deity being worshiped.

The authority of the Bible? Any the authority the Bible has is only in the minds of believers. It has as much authority as the declaration of independence.
Or is that not what you mean?
Well not bad, but you haven't backed it up with facts

Well not bad, but you haven't backed it up with facts
Ok. Lets take Noah's ark.
I assume you believe the story even though there is evidence that the story was absorbed into Hebrew culture from a Sumerian origin.
How many "kinds" of animals do you think Noah took on the ark? How long where they on the ark? What do you think they all ate?
If the story were true we would see a measurable genetic bottleneck in all modern animals as a result of having come from such a limited population. We see no such thing.
Geologically we see no evidence that would indicate a world wide flood.
The fossil record shows no evidence of the discontinuity one would expect if every living thing on the earth perished.

Ok. Lets take Noah's ark.
I assume you believe the story even though there is evidence that the story was absorbed into Hebrew culture from a Sumerian origin.
How many "kinds" of animals do you think Noah took on the ark? How long where they on the ark? What do you think they all ate?
If the story were true we would see a measurable genetic bottleneck in all modern animals as a result of having come from such a limited population. We see no such thing.
Geologically we see no evidence that would indicate a world wide flood.
The fossil record shows no evidence of the discontinuity one would expect if every living thing on the earth perished.
Geologists repeatedly discover the severe catastrophic effects of local flooding on the earth’s surface, resulting in the same conclusion each time: the overwhelming amounts of water can have the same geological effect in a short period of time than what is hypothetically assumed by evolutionists of how slow moving water over millions of years would have the same affects

Geologists repeatedly discover the severe catastrophic effects of local flooding on the earth’s surface, resulting in the same conclusion each time: the overwhelming amounts of water can have the same geological effect in a short period of time than what is hypothetically assumed by evolutionists of how slow moving water over millions of years would have the same affects
Sure some geological effects could be the result of flooding in a short period of time. But there are plenty of other things that only millennia can account for.

Who/what established these properties?
Why do you assume that they need to be established? That is by no means self-evident.
That's the question that causes us to realize there is more evidence for the existence of God outside of the universe who guides and instructs the order of everything.
It's not realisation. It's speculation. It's also a giant leap to assume that it is your particular God, of all the possibilities that human beings have dreamt up, that fills this role that you have speculated into existence.

For God to be found in appearance as a man and die a very real tortuous death as a man in order to reconcile man to himself defies the suggestion that he may be a trickster in disguise and is actually an evil God.
Or maybe He has tricked the being that died a tortuous death. The suggestion remains valid.

Surprising that CARM seems to still be failing as an apologetics resource.
Strictly speaking that should be "seems to be still failing" or "seems still to be failing." When castigating a troll for his inability to use grammar correctly, it's best not to split an infinitive.

Back