Scripture as the Definitive Guide

Not so. Protestants took out those books of the Canon.

The Church can also be looked at as "God Breathed" as much as any writings.

We believe we must accept Jesus as the Savior, and scripture also tells us that. We believe scripture as well, our entire worship and faith is based on it.

Yes, it is the highest religious authority on this earth. The CC was instituted by God himself while he was here.

Someone has to interpret the scriptures, and that would be the Holy Catholic Church. We have it right, you all are still flailing. In that action you would be correct.
Those books were never scripture. The RCC is the proven bad tree, so has no authority over real believers. You have it right are you kidding. Your leaders fail the scriptural requirements for leaders, a fact that RCs ignore.

They should not have been in there: they were not God-breathed
Only in your estimation.

Then why are not the "God Breathed" writings from the Catholic Church in the Canon
The Canon of Scripture was settled by the Bishops of God's church years ago, so there is no reason to add anything to it. It is the Church itself that was "God Breathed", and thus it has standing and authority.

Is belief in the Immaculate Conception of Mary a REQUIREMENT for salvation?
No. The minimum is a belief that Mary was indeed the Mother of God.

Nope, Scripture is the highest authority on earth:
Nice opinion.

Scripture has the same authority as God speaking
As does the Church.

God is more authoritative than the Church
In the whole scheme of things yes, but it is the Church that was set up to be a teaching church for the faithful as they go through the journey of life. It has God given authority to decide things here on earth.

Therefore Scripture is more authoritative than any Church
I believe they would have equal authority. Someone has to interpret the scriptures, hence the Church and the bishops who lead it.

Interpretation is not the same as authority.
The proper authorities interpret scripture.

Do you think the interpreters of Jesus' Sermon on the Mount have more authority than Jesus's words?
No.

Every one of your points have been refute.
Not really.
And my point stands: Catholics have a lower view of Scripture than the Reformers
Very well, I do respect your opinion. Mine is different as you have come to know.

Not all of your fruit is good either.
I always find this strange sort of comment from RCs. As if they believe all fruit is the same. Yet they divide sins into mortal sins and venial sins. Their leaders do mortal sins and they just blindly accept them as having authority. That is not scriptural.

The RCC main sin throughout the centuries has been pride and sexual immorality. Paul saw it in RC language as mortal sin. These are extremely bad sins which means we are not to even eat with them. Yet every Sunday RCs mix with these men.

No I do not commit mortal sins. Just trying to make it easier for you to understand.

1 cor 6:13+

The body, however, is not meant for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.

14 By his power God raised the Lord from the dead, and he will raise us also. 15 Do you not know that
your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never! 16 Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, “The two will become one flesh.” 17 But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit.
18 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body. 19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

gal 5:19+

Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Oh look, sexual immorality is listed first, that means what to RCs?

1Cor 5:11

11 But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.

There are approx 100 verses on the evils of sexual immorality, and it is always listed first. Don't forget James 4:17 which tells us that those who do not do right become part of the sin.

Only in your estimation.

The Canon of Scripture was settled by the Bishops of God's church years ago, so there is no reason to add anything to it. It is the Church itself that was "God Breathed", and thus it has standing and authority.

Nice opinion.

As does the Church.

In the whole scheme of things yes, but it is the Church that was set up to be a teaching church for the faithful as they go through the journey of life. It has God given authority to decide things here on earth.

I believe they would have equal authority. Someone has to interpret the scriptures, hence the Church and the bishops who lead it.

No.

Not really.

Very well, I do respect your opinion. Mine is different as you have come to know.
The Canon of Scripture was settled by the Bishops of God's church years ago, so there is no reason to add anything to it.

Your canon was dogmatically declared at Trent by elevating uninspired books to the level of inspired.

It is the Church itself that was "God Breathed", and thus it has standing and authority.

Where does the bible say the church is God Breathed? It says scripture is God Breathed. I don't see the verse where the church is. The only authority your church has is what you give it. Its authority is self proclaimed.

Who are the proper authorities? What verse(s) support your claim?

I always find this strange sort of comment from RCs. As if they believe all fruit is the same. Yet they divide sins into mortal sins and venial sins. Their leaders do mortal sins and they just blindly accept them as having authority. That is not scriptural.
Wrong. This is what the scriptures say: "If you see a fellow believer sinning in a way that does not lead to death, you should pray, and God will give that person life. But there is a sin that leads to death, and I am not saying you should pray for those who commit it. All wicked actions are sin, but not every sin leads to death." (1 John 5: 16-17.)

Hence the terms "mortal" (death), and "venial" (not death).

It isn't lowering one's views... it is the assurance that Christ gave us a Church, protected by the Holy Spirit.
You will find that nowhere in scripture....Christ didn't give us a church protected by the Holy Spirit.... He founded His church, which is the body of believers, each and every single person who is born from above is part of His church....WE ARE the church, the body of Christ and members individually (1 Cor 12)....WE, individual believers are indwelt by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit indwells PERSONS, not religious organizations.

Only in your estimation.

Nope. the Scriptures are God breathed.
Nope....the IC, PV and assumption are DOGMAS. You HAVE TO BELIEVE them.
Nice opinion.
Not an opinion.
As does the Church.
WE are the church. We speak His truth.
Nope....The church is commissioned to preach the Gospel. WE are the church given that commission....everyone born from above. The only authority we have is to teach HIS truth contained in HIS word.
I believe they would have equal authority.
Not true at all.
Someone has to interpret the scriptures, hence the Church and the bishops who lead it.
Yes, WE are to interpret the scriptures....they aren't written in code.

WE are to study to show ourselves approved, rightly dividing the word of Truth....
Holy Spirit filled believers are the proper authorities. Again, scripture is not penned in code that needs decoding.
Not really.
Yes, really.

Nope. the Scriptures are God breathed.

Nope....the IC, PV and assumption are DOGMAS. You HAVE TO BELIEVE them.

Not an opinion.

WE are the church. We speak His truth.

Nope....The church is commissioned to preach the Gospel. WE are the church given that commission....everyone born from above. The only authority we have is to teach HIS truth contained in HIS word.

Not true at all.

Yes, WE are to interpret the scriptures....they aren't written in code.

WE are to study to show ourselves approved, rightly dividing the word of Truth....

Holy Spirit filled believers are the proper authorities. Again, scripture is not penned in code that needs decoding.

Yes, really.
Exactly, and there is zero in Scripture about believing Mary is "the mother of God." That foolishness destroys the truth of the Gospel, and shows the false gospel being propagated by the RCC.

Exactly, and there is zero in Scripture about believing Mary is "the mother of God."
Who was Jesus? Only God come to earth. Immanuel means "God with us". The Creator himself came to earth as Jesus to experience his creation, and him having a mother would be part of that. Thus, it is very easy to see that Mary, the woman who bore the Christchild into this world is indeed a mother, the mother of Immanuel, Jesus Christ, God Himself come to earth. The scriptures say all that I just said, so what is the problem with that? I see none.

Who was Jesus? Only God come to earth. Immanuel means "God with us". The Creator himself came to earth as Jesus to experience his creation, and him having a mother would be part of that. Thus, it is very easy to see that Mary, the woman who bore the Christchild into this world is indeed a mother, the mother of Immanuel, Jesus Christ, God Himself come to earth. The scriptures say all that I just said, so what is the problem with that? I see none.
Mary was the mother of Jesus' humanity. God has no mother! God did not need a mother to come into existence (He has always existed and always will); but, Jesus' humanity did need a mother.

Mary was the mother of Jesus' humanity. God has no mother! God did not need a mother to come into existence (He has always existed and always will); but, Jesus' humanity did need a mother.
Yes, he has already been in existence. His journey on earth was something different however, as he remains God when on earth as much as he was God and in heaven. We call women who bring children into the world the word "mother", and Mary was indeed the mother of Immanuel (GOD WITH US).

...and nothing you've stated proves your errors as to what the RCC truly means and says about "Mary."

As Paul correctly predicted, those like yourself have run off into fables due to not enduring sound doctrine, 2 Timothy 4:1-4. The false teachers who mislead you are God's judgment upon you. Nothing in Scripture refers to Mary as "The Mother of God." Saying so is blasphemous, right along with the rest of RCC Mariolatry, i.e. co-redemptrix, co-mediatrix, and whatever else you all dream up which is unbiblical nonsense.

But this all goes along with your apostate church, it is always about "the church" and about "mary" and other "magic" and idols of many sorts, but only a token reference is made to Christ, all while holding a blasphemous position of His accomplishment in redemption, mitigating it, and giving it to Mary at the same time. These things are reasons why we know it is not borne of God; John 16:14 &c.

Last edited:
Back