Daniel Dennett has passed

Well, what's that old saying...oh yea...you make your bed, you lay in it. Personally I would love to see everyone come to a saving knowledge of Jesus but too I'm also aware the Father only draws to Jesus, free will is when those being drawn exercise it to ignore Him. God will only draw so long before He then hardens the heart from which there is no return. Perhaps Hitchens is one of those, even you Gus. I don't know because I'm not Him. God only knows and if Hitchens died the only ones who know whether he cried out to Jesus in the minutes or the instance of hos death is him and the Lord. Perhaps I'll see this Hitchens when I am called home. You never know.
What you say is based on believing that God exists, but there’s another point to the Hitchens quotation beyond whether God exists. That point is that there’s at least one atheist - and in reality, most likely plenty of them - that either aren’t going have a deathbed conversion, or if they did, they’d be overcome by the emotion of the moment and would be violating what they held dear otherwise.

Heh, I doubt many people would share a two block long Uber ride with the likes of you, much less their existence or lack thereof. Your universalizing of your own shallow non-eventful mundane life is quite pathetic.
So you were an animal then?

When, Tubby?
Something is giving you the idiotic impression that you have existence beyond your existence. Please don’t tell me it’s based only on words and wishes on religious scrolls opposed to some personal experience you have with it.

Well, what's that old saying...oh yea...you make your bed, you lay in it. Personally I would love to see everyone come to a saving knowledge of Jesus but too I'm also aware the Father only draws to Jesus,
This is how we know you are involved in a cult and not a global spiritual movement based on any objective reality of some god.

Dennett said it best that when you press a Christian about their god, does he have firgernails? Why doesn’t the world recognize him? Why so much evil in his creation?… the Christian starts the excuses and explanations and starts, by necessity, to reduce their own god into a corner that makes sense to them given the actual world presented to them, but is no longer really a god at all.

Last edited:
What you say is based on believing that God exists,
I do, my faith is sure and built on that sure foundation.
but there’s another point to the Hitchens quotation beyond whether God exists. That point is that there’s at least one atheist - and in reality, most likely plenty of them - that either aren’t going have a deathbed conversion, or if they did, they’d be overcome by the emotion of the moment and would be violating what they held dear otherwise.
I think you're right but not so much for the reason they ascribe to an atheistic world view but because God has hardened their heart, their very being, from calling out. But you know both sides of this coin is faith based. Mine on God and His promises and you that godless evolution is true. We will know when we pass this mortal coil, or won't.

This is how we know you are involved in a cult and not a global spiritual movement based on any objective reality of some god.

Since about 63% of the adults in your country are members of this cult you keep yapping about, how do you cope? You once characterized these "cult" members as bat shit crazy. For example, the pizza delivery man rings your doorbell, and you think to yourself, "Chances are this guy is insane. Should I call the police? No, I can't do that. Chances are the cop who shows up will be bat shit crazy too. I shouldn't have ordered the pizza, dang it."

What's a free thinker like you to do? How do you "navigate reality" with so many cultic roadblocks in the way?

What you say is based on believing that God exists, but there’s another point to the Hitchens quotation beyond whether God exists. That point is that there’s at least one atheist - and in reality, most likely plenty of them - that either aren’t going have a deathbed conversion, or if they did, they’d be overcome by the emotion of the moment and would be violating what they held dear otherwise.
Why do you hold your lack of belief in God as "dear"?

Back