Daniel Dennett has passed

I didn't make the video. Why would I change the title...oh wait...for your comfort. Sorry.
You asked me what else you should call the video.
Yea I did and yes I did and I didn't take it as evidential commentary. Just a video that put up some claimed quotes and given this is the atheist forum and an OP about an atheist dying I thought, "this will be fun".
I can believe that, considering the videos dishonesty.
What part is that?
YECs, and a few other individual honorable mentions.
In a worldy sense, truth is relative. How many times have we heard "live your own truth and I'll live mine".
Then that's a dumb quote.
Do I believe that? Absolutely not. There is only one truth. But in relation to youtube videos and wiki, truth is relative.
No it isn't. Truth is truth.

You asked me what else you should call the video.
It would be dishonest and disrespectful to do so, don't you think?
I can believe that, considering the videos dishonesty.
Well, that hasn't really been determined, has it.
YECs, and a few other individual honorable mentions.
That would be me, I believe in the 6 day creation and that His creation is not billions of years old but thousands. Why does that make me a dishonest Christian? I.would wager your other "individual honorable mentions" are in my wheelhouse too. What are those?
Then that's a dumb quote.
It truly is non-sensible and the consequence of atheism and evolution since there is no divine creation and therefore no Creator (that would be Jesus) who has established right and wrong, those universal laws and moral absolutes are non-existant, any moral value is a societal construct and varies society to society, generation to generation.
No it isn't. Truth is truth.
You and I believe that, my point is not about us but those who believe truth is based on feelings, not on fact.

It truly is non-sensible and the consequence of atheism and evolution since there is no divine creation and therefore no Creator (that would be Jesus) who has established right and wrong, those universal laws and moral absolutes are non-existant, any moral value is a societal construct and varies society to society, generation to generation.
You haven’t made the case that absent god we wouldn’t discover moral absolutes about ourselves built upon our internal personal desire to self preserve and self protect. We don’t need god for that... and it results in at least a core set of absolutes.

Last edited:
Overall I think wiki tries to be a resource one can place trust in but for me it's like Google and its purposeful left, liberal search algorithms, which causes me pause. Ymmv.
One of the Wikipedia co-founders (Larry Sanger) has said that it's being used by The Establishment for propaganda, and that this started years ago (it wasn't like that when it began).

Here's a link to the interview with Glenn Greenwald.

Wikipedia is Establishment Propaganda

Here is a Wiki page about a cross being used for Jesus' crucifiction. I take it it's unreliable?

Found here.
What is the point of your post?

If that single article is correct (and I haven't read it), then it makes no difference to my claim; if the article is wrong, it still makes no difference!

The point, which I would have thought was obvious, is that Wikipedia, in general, is used for Establishment propaganda, not that every single thing it says is unreliable; in fact, if that were the case, then it would be useless as propaganda, since some verifiable truth is always used in propaganda, alongside the twisting, deception and deliberate omissions, to give a plausible impression of reliability.

One of the Wikipedia co-founders (Larry Sanger) has said that it's being used by The Establishment for propaganda, and that this started years ago (it wasn't like that when it began).
What is the establishment? (Please don't ask me to listen to the video. I find anything political from across the spectum untrustworthy.)

Here's a link to the interview with Glenn Greenwald.

Wikipedia is Establishment Propaganda
Given my experience with Google, I can see that. I'll be more watchful from now on. I would think Gus would differ with your premise, given he has defended it's checks and balances.

P.s. I have never looked to wiki to answer political questions or if seeking positional confirmations.

Thanks David!

Yes. The 63% was a result of a survey in which Christians are asked if they are Christians. Were you stupidly thinking that whoever compiled those figures got a sneak peek at the Lamb's Book of Life?
Back in October stiggy was adamant that surveys do NOT determine who is Christian.

Should be obvious; that census answers do not determine who's a Christian.
Now he has a survey that supports his opinion, of course they determine who is Christian!

It would be dishonest and disrespectful to do so, don't you think?
To do what?
Well, that hasn't really been determined, has it.
Yes it has. Look up Humes last words/death yourself.
That would be me, I believe in the 6 day creation and that His creation is not billions of years old but thousands. Why does that make me a dishonest Christian? I.would wager your other "individual honorable mentions" are in my wheelhouse too. What are those?
It doesn't necessarily make you a dishonest Christian in itself, but there are YECs who are dishonest about evolution, Darwin, geology, the last words of atheists etc etc all in their cause.

I'm not going to mention the individuals I have in mind, but they're not necessarily YECs.
The ideas of right and wrong and fairness are abstract concepts that will occur to creatures capable of abstract thought. What actually is right or wrong can be thought of to be bound up with fairness. Generally speaking, It's really not hard to know when you've been treated unfairly or not.
You and I believe that, my point is not about us but those who believe truth is based on feelings, not on fact.
Ok.

What is the point of your post?
To show your cherry picking attitude towards Wiki.
If that single article is correct (and I haven't read it), then it makes no difference to my claim; if the article is wrong, it still makes no difference!

The point, which I would have thought was obvious, is that Wikipedia, in general, is used for Establishment propaganda, not that every single thing it says is unreliable; in fact, if that were the case, then it would be useless as propaganda, since some verifiable truth is always used in propaganda, alongside the twisting, deception and deliberate omissions, to give a plausible impression of reliability.
Sounds a bit conspiracy theory to me.

Back in October stiggy was adamant that surveys do NOT determine who is Christian.

Correct. The Lamb's Book of Life is not based on a surveys taken by the Holy Spirit. Christians have no use for such surveys. They are purely secular in nature and based on ignorant guesswork. But I was dealing with a secular atheist and using secular figures.

Now he has a survey that supports his opinion, of course they determine who is Christian!

Uh, 5wiize is a secular atheist. If you had taken the time to read through this dumb thread, you'd have seen that I offered plenty of alternatives to that 63% figure, in order to see just how paranoid he must be at meting a public with a considerable number of supposedly insane cult members.

Once again, you barged into a discussion about which you were apparently too stupid to engage..

Correct. The Lamb's Book of Life is not based on a surveys taken by the Holy Spirit. Christians have no use for such surveys. They are purely secular in nature and based on ignorant guesswork. But I was dealing with a secular atheist and using secular figures.

Uh, 5wiize is a secular atheist. If you had taken the time to read through this dumb thread, you'd have seen that I offered plenty of alternatives to that 63% figure, in order to see just how paranoid he must be at meting a public with a considerable number of supposedly insane cult members.

Once again, you barged into a discussion about which you were apparently too stupid to engage..
LoL... and I was dealing with a C.S. Lewis populist faux Christian that can't do math, but at least I had enough integrity to use real Christian data anyway. The chance of a real Christian delivering my pizza, one where an analysis of what they think believe would survive the creeds and requirements of the Christian label, is still .002%, not 63%.

Let’s review Stiggy’s “plenty of alternatives”:
The 63% was a result of a survey in which Christians are asked if they are Christians.
Bwahahahahhaaaaahhhhaaaaaa

Let’s take a poll to see how many Christians think C.S Lewis was a Christian, or whether Universalists are really Christians, or whether Arminanaism is truly Christian, or whether Mormons are truly Christians, or the CoLDS are truly Christians, or Jehovah’s witnesses..... Were the Davidians truly Christian? IDK... just ask another Christian. I’m sure we’ll see a real consensus there, boy. LoL!

Last edited:
LoL... and I was dealing with a C.S. Lewis populist faux Christian that can't do math, but at least I had enough integrity to use real Christian data anyway. The chance of a real Christian delivering my pizza, one where an analysis of what they think believe would survive the creeds and requirements of the Christian label, is still .002%, not 63%.

No, .002% is the percentage of pizza delivery guys who are delivering PINEAPPLE pizza who are Christians. The percentage of pizza delivery guys who are delivering pepperoni pizza and are Christian is 99.999%. And since the number of pizza made with pepperoni versus the number made with pineapple is 645 to 1, therefore the number of pizza delivery guys who are Christians is 99.99999%.

Let’s take a poll to see how many Christians think C.S Lewis was a Christian,

I've got a better idea. Let's take a poll to find out how many people think your head is buried so deep in Sam Harris' posterior that when Sammy farts you get a mouthful of pineapple.

What is the establishment? (Please don't ask me to listen to the video. I find anything political from across the spectum untrustworthy.)
The video is not politically motivated. It's about what has happened to Wikipedia.

The "establishment" refers to the powers that be, especially with reference to the narratives that are being pushed at the moment (COVID-19 vaccines allegedly "safe and effective"; claimed anthropogenic "global boiling crisis"; the claim that fossil fuels need to be ditched for expensive and unreliable "green" alternatives; the preparation for CBDCs and concomitant "social credit scores"; the undermining of family values, instead pushing abortion on demand, transgenderism, and other perversions; the drive to normalise paedophilia (by the W.E.F., U.N., etc.), rather than protecting children, etc.) the list just goes on and on.

Back