Constantine Simonides and Codex Sinaiticus - fragments in book covers and bindings and in disordered heaps, in baskets etc

I'd say you know what J. K. Elliott wrote about this in his book, and your being utterly pretentious and disingenuous.

Wait "folks"... he'll respond with his fake "what did Elliott write?", pretending he doesn't know...the gigs up Avery...it was up a long time ago...

Strange...

Then how is it you seem to know exactly what I'm talking about?
Someone who claims not to have the text (or any part of it) wouldn't logically know anything about what I'm talking about, because they don't have any of the text. But go back several pages on the thread "folks" and Steven Avery seem to know exactly what I'm talking about. Hmmmmm

Quote me.

In the post that has the improved translations from Frederick Field.

That should clear out the fog in your mind.

Last edited:
Yes. Above I had the wrong page number where this was discussed in the Journal of Sacred Literature.

And in the discussion it is said that the Greek was given in the Literary Churchman. Only some issues are easy to find online.

Journal of Sacred Literature - 1863 - Frederick Field letter of Dec 23, 1862 - p. 220-221
https://books.google.com/books?id=_bYRAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA220

“TO THE EDITOR OF THE ‘LITERARY CHURCHMAN'

“ Sir,—You have done a good work in printing the original text of the letter of Callmicus in your last number, as translations are seldom to be re-
lied on.
View attachment 5337
View attachment 5339

Quoted.

You knew with minimal information in my question exactly what I was talking about.

This is all I said. A vague question.

Wasn't there a newspaper that printed the Greek text of Kallinikos' letter?

So stop pretending.

Quoted.
You knew with minimal information in my question exactly what I was talking about.

I knew what I quoted, which was a new insight for me.
And quite helpful.

And I had bookmarked the Frederick Field page back in 2020, but without using it for any special purpose, it had not made it to the PureBibleForum.

And the other day I neatly wrote:

"Notice how Frederick Field (1801-1885) a top scholar, could tell that William A. Wright was not an honest broker, which I have pointed out numerous times."

As I felt this supplied a good confirmation of my position that Wright was unreliable.

Back