Dear Normal Republicans

Btw - let me add something else.

I 100% UNDERSTAND Republicans or conservatives that, in 2016, resigned themselves to, "Well, Trump did - whatever we think - win the nomination, plus you have a bit of shady dealings going on over in the other party, and we don't want to be them, WE WANT TO RESPECT THE RESULTS OF THE VOTERS EVEN THOUGH WE DISAGREE WITH THE CHOICE!!"

So the GOP nominated Trump because he won the nomination and probably figured that they'd lose to Hillary anyway and life would go on.

I never made the compromise with myself on Trump, and I've never missed a wink of sleep over it. He was ALWAYS a mendacious, narcissistic, fake billionaire quasi-liberal who paid for God knows how many abortions and never could keep a promise to any of his wives, but okay - some folks thought, "Well, I'd rather take my chances with Trump replacing Scalia (or whatever) than Hillary."

Fair enough.

It's just that commitment to following the rules went out the window over the next four years.

As a reminder, Trump cried like the little sissy he is when he lost the Iowa caucus in 2016, claiming that, too, was rigged.

After the stunt he pulled when he lost the last election, anyone making that level of compromise with themselves loses all credibility with me.

Back