Did the fall away in many Presbyterian churches come because they corrupted the word of God with the new versions?

SavedByTheLord

Did the fall away in many Presbyterian churches come because they corrupted the word of God with the new versions?

After all that changes the truth of God into a lie.

The church of my youth, the United Presbyterian Church, now called the PCUSA, walked away from the Westminster Standards, and more importantly, from holding to the infallibility and inerrancy of the Bible. This, I believe, is where the denomination's problems began, and why they are where they are today (FAR more Unitarian in their beliefs than Christian, IMHO).

~Deuteronomy

The church of my youth, the United Presbyterian Church, now called the PCUSA, walked away from the Westminster Standards, and more importantly, from holding to the infallibility and inerrancy of the Bible. This, I believe, is where the denomination's problems began, and why they are where they are today (FAR more Unitarian in their beliefs than Christian, IMHO).

~Deuteronomy
Do you feel that Machen and OPC/PCA remained true?

Do you feel that Machen and OPC/PCA remained true?
Yes, for the most part, both denominations have done so (though I cannot speak for every local OPC/PCA church, of course, nor about the direction that one or both may take going forward). The hope is that they will continue to do so, of course :)(y)

When I left the PCUSA, I was asked and felt led to join the Evangelical Free Church of America (which is where I remain today), though I think that I will always be, at heart, a (conservative) Presbyterian.

God bless you!!

~Deuteronomy

Back