Do Christolaters fear God or Trinitarian institutions?

Lilel01

Many religious people are afraid to discuss unorthodox topics such as the teaching about Jesus that considers him to be the archangel Michael himself, or the teaching that Jesus is not equal in power, knowledge, or authority to God.

Are they afraid of analyzing these biblical issues for fear of reprisals from their coreligionists?
Are they afraid that they will not be able to defend themselves against attacks because they do not know how to demonstrate what they believe with the Bible?
Are they afraid that God will harm them for honestly researching on these the complex biblical issues?

Does Jesus want Christians to question the beliefs they learned through tradition?

Many religious people are afraid to discuss unorthodox topics such as the teaching about Jesus that considers him to be the archangel Michael himself, or the teaching that Jesus is not equal in power, knowledge, or authority to God.

You have to to be kidding. Where did you find such people? I have never met one.

Are they afraid of analyzing these biblical issues for fear of reprisals from their coreligionists?
Are they afraid that they will not be able to defend themselves against attacks because they do not know how to demonstrate what they believe with the Bible?
Are they afraid that God will harm them for honestly researching on these the complex biblical issues?

Does Jesus want Christians to question the beliefs they learned through tradition?

You seem to be working from your own fantasies rather than reality. Nobody is "afraid."

Why are you even participating in this thread? You are not even Trinitarian.
BTW you are in my ignored list. I just answered because I saw your post in this new thread of mine.
It is not addressed to you, whatever you think.

Last edited:

Because it is an open forum.

BTW you are in my ignored list.

Did you suppose I care?

I just answered because I saw your post in this new thread of mine.

That's nice.

Now that is funny. I'm the only one who has responded so far.

So.... you want me to pretend this post is not to me? OK. I'll pretend you were responding to one of the other people who have responded so far. But it won't be easy.

As a Jehovah's Witness I have had many conversations with people from many "Christian" sects, even their pastors. For some reason there are topics that they refuse to analyze with the Bible. To avoid reading texts and reviewing logical arguments that lead to certain conclusions, they often resort to verbal violence and religious intimidation, such as calling ideas and those who analyze them with the Bible "heretics" and show a judgmental behaviour instead of answering the cuestions with honesty.

It is logical that I wonder the real reason why certain people do not want to analyze certain topics with the Bible, if that is the only way the truth can be discovered (2 Tim. 3:16,17). Furthermore, the aggressiveness of many religious people in their conversations, and the amount of insults and attitude, show that they are not serious Christians. Many times on the internet I realize that these people who mock and harass people who question some of their ideas are not even Christians, but are pretending, sometimes to generate traffic on the forums, or simply generate conflicts between believers. It is a sad reality.

As a Jehovah's Witness I have had many conversations with people from many "Christian" sects, even their pastors. For some reason there are topics that they refuse to analyze with the Bible. To avoid reading texts and reviewing logical arguments that lead to certain conclusions, they often resort to verbal violence and religious intimidation, such as calling ideas and those who analyze them with the Bible "heretics" and show a judgmental behaviour instead of answering the cuestions with honesty.

OK, and?

It is logical that I wonder the real reason why certain people do not want to analyze certain topics with the Bible, if that is the only way the truth can be discovered (2 Tim. 3:16,17).

2 Timothy 3:16-17 isn't referring to your "Bible." Paul is referring to the OT sacred writings of the Jews which Timothy had read since he was young.

Furthermore, the aggressiveness of many religious people in their conversations, and the amount of insults and attitude, show that they are not serious Christians.

Your post here seems kind of aggressive.

Many times on the internet I realize that these people who mock and harass people who question some of their ideas are not even Christians, but are pretending, sometimes to generate traffic on the forums, or simply generate conflicts between believers. It is a sad reality.

And usually it is those who refuse to entertain that it just might be they themselves who are the fakers.

It is logical that I wonder the real reason why certain people do not want to analyze certain topics with the Bible, if that is the only way the truth can be discovered (2 Tim. 3:16,17). Furthermore, the aggressiveness of many religious people in their conversations, and the amount of insults and attitude, show that they are not serious Christians. Many times on the internet I realize that these people who mock and harass people who question some of their ideas are not even Christians, but are pretending, sometimes to generate traffic on the forums, or simply generate conflicts between believers. It is a sad reality.
Persecution complex.

Funny I feel you are doing the same to me. Now if you are not, please answer my previous posts you your several threads, by replying to my post, and not posting generally.

Jesus isn't Michael.

Seems you have not been answering me on complex biblical issues. Wonder why?

BTW you are in my ignored list. I just answered because I saw your post in this new thread of mine.
What are you a scared of Lilel01, since you put Our Lords God on ignore? I would call that being a hypocrite. And btw, I'll debate you with only half my brain tied behind my back on any subject you choose. That goes for you to Our Lords God. :eek:

IN GOD THE SON,
james

What are you a scared of Lilel01,

What are you scared of @jamesh.

Based on your understanding of what “Son of _____” means…

Was the “Son of Man” ever in heaven before his resurrection?

John 3:13 KJV… And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Back