Elder John Widstoe, man is a god in embryo

Janice Bower

"Next to God, there may be, therefore, other intelligent beings so nearly approaching his power as to be co-equal with him in all things so far as our finite understanding can perceive . . . Such intelligent beings are as gods to us . . . there are many gods or beings so highly developed that they are as gods, in fact are gods . . . In short, man is a god in embryo."
John A. Widstoe, Rational Theology,
pages 24-25
Mormonism, Mama and Me! p. 56
Apostle Widstoe had plenty of education: Harvard University, University of Göttingen, Brigham Young College

Mormonism, Mamma, and Me.....I read that maybe 32 years ago. I don't remember much about it other than I enjoyed it, and that it had a gentle tone. I seem to remeber the author was taking care of here elderly mother and her story.

I actually put it in my parents home library hoping my mother would read it. When she passed away it was still there, I have not idea whether she read it or not.

Widstoe and Talmage were two of the brightest scholarly minds in Mormonism, and in their own rights theologians in regard to LDS theology. Today they are just lawyers and in finance for the most part. He also expounds on sex in heaven, and how it is eternal.

Mormonism, Mamma, and Me.....I read that maybe 32 years ago. I don't remember much about it other than I enjoyed it, and that it had a gentle tone. I seem to remeber the author was taking care of here elderly mother and her story.

I actually put it in my parents home library hoping my mother would read it. When she passed away it was still there, I have not idea whether she read it or not.

Widstoe and Talmage were two of the brightest scholarly minds in Mormonism, and in their own rights theologians in regard to LDS theology. Today they are just lawyers and in finance for the most part. He also expounds on sex in heaven, and how it is eternal.
Widstoe died in 1952, perhaps there's another Widstoe.

I left some treasured Christian childrens' books with my mother for younger siblings. She probably trashed them. And my oldest daughter sent The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel to my brother 3 years younger than I. He told me he won't believe in God unless he sees Him. Hopefully we'll have surprises in heaven.

I read Granny Geer's book in 1986.

Back