Local church membership

I quoted where you denied official church membership twice.

I cited scripture to back up the Biblical model of official church membership.

So, once again, you are a liar.

Then I'll let the honest people here read those passages and make up their own minds.
Those scriptures said nothing of "officially" joining a local church through a certain process.

You are just making that up out of your imagination.

I didn't say they said how it happens. I said they describe a Biblical model of membership. cowardly.
And yet how it happens was exactly the dispute. Official memberships to local churches happen through some process. Which was the whole point.

I said clearly in the OP there was a local church membership.

But not "official" membership.
And the difference between joining and officially joining means what exactly to you?
I've shown evidence. You haven't. I think we've reached the Proverbs 26:4 portion of this conversation. You're dismissed.
You have shown exactly nothing from the Bible about officialy joining locally . You only showed what we agree on, there is local church membership.

And I'm done. Proverbs 26:4 says we're not to argue with fools. I'm sorry I got roped into it, but better late than never.
Things like this happen, and too many today need "a verse" to say exactly what they want it to say, know it's not there, and ask for one anyhow. The concept of local churches with their members is found in Scripture. No believer walking into our church automatically becomes a member of that body. Also, we find "churches" in Scripture mentioned as such, i.e. local bodies with their local members.

Things like this happen, and too many today need "a verse" to say exactly what they want it to say, know it's not there, and ask for one anyhow. The concept of local churches with their members is found in Scripture. No believer walking into our church automatically becomes a member of that body. Also, we find "churches" in Scripture mentioned as such, i.e. local bodies with their local members.
How does one practice church discipline with a visitor? How do you set a visitor outside the church, when they're not a member of the church in the first place? How does somebody who isn't a member submit to the authorities God has placed over the church? How does the church know who to allow to partake at the Lord's Table? This poster says he believes in "membership", but not official membership, but how does a church vet a visitor for membership when they're just a visitor?

This poster not only denies the Biblical teaching about church membership, he hasn't even bothered to consider the logical consequences of denying the Biblical teaching about church membership.

How does one practice church discipline with a visitor? How do you set a visitor outside the church, when they're not a member of the church in the first place? How does somebody who isn't a member submit to the authorities God has placed over the church? How does the church know who to allow to partake at the Lord's Table? This poster says he believes in "membership", but not official membership, but how does a church vet a visitor for membership when they're just a visitor?

This poster not only denies the Biblical teaching about church membership, he hasn't even bothered to consider the logical consequences of denying the Biblical teaching about church membership.
Yep.

Things like this happen, and too many today need "a verse" to say exactly what they want it to say, know it's not there, and ask for one anyhow. The concept of local churches with their members is found in Scripture.
Which I completely agreed with and state in the OP.

No believer walking into our church automatically becomes a member of that body.
evidence?
Also, we find "churches" in Scripture mentioned as such, i.e. local bodies with their local members.
Which I completely agree with.

I think it's implied that there was a local membership.
Paul says things in his letters that imply they knew who the local body was.

However it seems an official joining was uneccessary.

I am having this debate with my elders. An official "joining" is required and I am no comfortable with that extra Biblical requirement.
well all I can say is that since Paul we have had 2 World Wars so joining a Church seems regimental!! The Inquisition years must have been a awkward to say the least, O wait !!! The RCC says that it never happened ?

Back