Mormonism and the OCCULT.

Catherineaurelia

Mormonism is an "occult" religion. The word "occult" means "hidden." Witchcraft is occult. Spiritism is occult. Gypsies use crystal balls (seer stones) to predict the future, and that is part of the occult.

"Joseph Smith practiced occultism at a very young age. He and his father used to dig for buried treasure and used a seer stones to search for the money. Historical record gives us an account of Joseph Smith’s arrest in 1826 for hiring himself out to another person for the purpose of money-digging. He admitted in court using a special stone for seeing hidden treasure." (source: Did Joseph Smith use the Seer Stone...or didn't he? - Eric Johnson} So we know that Smith dabbled in the occult prior to when he supposedly "translated" the golden plates. The fact is that the box Joey said contained the plates also contained the "Urim and Thummim," instruments to be used by Smith in the translation process. Sometimes these are portrayed as glasses and a breastplate. However, Joey was more comfortable using his occult crystal ball, the seer stone, to translate the Mormons' special book.

John Dehlin discusses this here:

So, Mormons, my question is, why did the Mormon deity provide the Urim and Thummim to translate the supposed plates when Smith was more comfortable using his magic seer stone? If the "church" still has the seer stone, why doesn't Nelson drop it in a hat and get prophecies, as Joe Smith did?

David Whitmer was supposedly one of the eight witnesses to "the golden plates." This is what he wrote:

'An Address to All Believers in Christ," Whitmer wrote,

“I will now give you a description of the manner in which the Book of Mormon was translated. Joseph Smith would put the seer stone into a hat, and put his face in the hat, drawing it closely around his face to exclude the light; and in the darkness the spiritual light would shine. A piece of something resembling parchment would appear, and under it was the interpretation in English. Brother Joseph would read off the English to Oliver Cowdery, who was his principal scribe, and when it was written down and repeated to brother Joseph to see if it was correct, then it would disappear, and another character with the interpretation would appear. Thus the Book of Mormon was translated by the gift and power of God, and not by any power of man.”

So, folks, Mormonism is a product of THE OCCULT. It's very book was "translated" through occult means if Whitmer and other witnesses are to be believed. This is the very book the group's missionaries bring into our homes - so obviously it has a serious "attachment" to the occult. The occult is in the realm of the demonic.

Joseph Smith was, in fact, a sorcerer, or one who practices the occult. His "treasure seeking" with his seer stone is often characterized by the Mormon apologists as "oh, everybody was doing it." That's simply a lie. My family was in this country since 1631 and none of them practiced witchcraft or used seer stones. They weren't gypsies - they were Pilgrims and obeyed the Bible:

Galatians 5:19-21

Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Sadly, Mormons are involved in the occult. They must repent of that sin and come to the Biblical Christ.

Last edited:
why did the Mormon deity provide the Urim and Thummim
Why not?
Smith was more comfortable using his magic seer stone
What's the difference?
If the "church" still has the seer stone, why doesn't Nelson drop it in a hat and get prophecies, as Joe Smith did?
because the translation work is already done. Smith stopped using it as he found that he didn't need it either.
“I will now give you a description of the manner in which the Book of Mormon was translated. Joseph Smith would put the seer stone into a hat, and put his face in the hat, drawing it closely around his face to exclude the light; and in the darkness the spiritual light would shine. A piece of something resembling parchment would appear, and under it was the interpretation in English. Brother Joseph would read off the English to Oliver Cowdery, who was his principal scribe, and when it was written down and repeated to brother Joseph to see if it was correct, then it would disappear, and another character with the interpretation would appear. Thus the Book of Mormon was translated by the gift and power of God, and not by any power of man.”
Whitmer didn't translate the Book of Mormon, nor did he ever see what Joseph saw in the hat and, get this: Joseph never told anyone what he saw while translating. He never told anyone what he saw. I have highlighted the only relevant information that Whitmer might have been an eye witness to. It is probably all hearsay, but there is no way he could possibly know what Joseph saw in the hat.
So, folks, Mormonism is a product of THE OCCULT.
LOL. If that is the occultic, then so is Israel. We didn't make up the terms Urim and Thummim. There is a good deal of mystery surrounding them. Scholars can only guess what they were or what they were used for. Nevertheless, Israel had them and used them. So, if that's THE OCCULT. Then Israel is as occultic as the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
It's very book was "translated" through occult means if Whitmer and other witnesses are to be believed.
Sure. If Whitmer is to be believed, then: "the Book of Mormon was translated by the gift and power of God, and not by any power of man". Doesn't sound very OCCULTIC to me.
Joseph Smith was, in fact, a sorcerer, or one who practices the occult.
LOL.
Oh. Everyone was doing it. ;);)
That's simply a lie. My family was in this country since 1631 and none of them practiced witchcraft or used seer stones.
LOL. As if your family is everyone. hahahaha

Back