Mother of God??

Okay, so...

What do YOU believe?

A) Mary is the mother of the fully human Jesus.
B) Mary is the mother of the fully God Jesus.
C) Both A and B.

You seem to be saying C, since you say there is NO such thing as the Man "part" of Jesus. But I am asking that you confirm that.
A) Jesus The MAN.
God has NO mother.

Hi Doug,

Seems like you have Mary as giving birth solely to a human body that was “inhabited” by God but not an actual human person.

So just to clarify, are you saying Jesus was not a human person but rather a divine person taking up residence in a personless human body?

Jesus was fully human and fully God. I am not sure that it is possible for us to fully understand the entire ends and outs of the incarnation, but there is only one person who is both fully human and fully God, the Word become flesh.

Doug

Jesus was fully human and fully God.
Aside from that being a logical contradiction, it’s also unbiblical.
I am not sure that it is possible for us to fully understand the entire ends and outs of the incarnation, but there is only one person who is both fully human and fully God, the Word become flesh.
The biggest problem is that that one person has a God, YHWH, over him which excludes him being the one true God.

The biggest problem is that that one person has a God, YHWH, over him which excludes him being the one true God.
Logical contradiction to the mind of men, BUT FULLY Biblical.
He is EMMANUEL: God with us.
One Person has a God ACCORDING to His HUMANNITY.
ONE Person IS God according to His DIVINITY.

Col 2:9For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,

Context, context, context! As a unified being of both temporal flesh and an eternal Aseity, and being on earth as a living man, the heavenly Father is "over him", moreover, that the members of Trinity are all necessarily equal in attributes, the Father is still the first among equals. He is not greater in quality, but is greater by self-submission to the Father in the context of creation and mankind.

Doug

That would make two “parts” if Mary is the mother of one but not the other.
Matthew 1:20But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.

Doug

Col 2:9For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,
Col. 2:9 “For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily”.

1. It says the fullness of deity dwells IN him not that he IS the fullness of deity in bodily form.

2. V. 10 says that we too are filled in him and in Eph. 3:19 Paul prays that we may be filled with the fullness of God.

3. There are plenty of verses like the ones below that gives us a better understanding of what Paul was saying. God dwelling in Christ simply doesn’t make him God.
Col. 1:19 For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell

John 14:10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works.

2Cor. 5:19 that is, God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.

John 3:2 … “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do unless God is with him.

Acts 10:38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power. He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him.

John 8:29 And he who sent me is with me. He has not left me alone, for I always do the things that are pleasing to him.”

John 16:32 “…Yet I am not alone, for the Father is with me
Context, context, context!
I agree
As a unified being of both temporal flesh and an eternal Aseity,
Jesus wasn’t a human temporarily, he is still a human though a resurrected and glorified human like we will one day be as well.

Also, Jesus is not a se since he himself says that he lives because of the Father and that he was given to have life in himself. Since Jesus is clearly dependent on someone other than himself for life then it’s clear he does not possess aseity.
and being on earth as a living man, the heavenly Father is "over him",
It’s not just on earth but even after the resurrection and ascension Jesus has a God and is subordinate to him (Rev. 3:12, 1 Cor. 15:27-28)
moreover, that the members of Trinity are all necessarily equal in attributes,
As stated above Jesus does not have aseity nor was he innately immortal like his God YHWH is.
the Father is still the first among equals. He is not greater in quality, but is greater by self-submission to the Father in the context of creation and mankind.
If one of them is first in any way among the others then they are not truly and completely equal.

Col. 2:9 “For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily”.

1. It says the fullness of deity dwells IN him not that he IS the fullness of deity in bodily form.

2. V. 10 says that we too are filled in him and in Eph. 3:19 Paul prays that we may be filled with the fullness of God.

3. There are plenty of verses like the ones below that gives us a better understanding of what Paul was saying. God dwelling in Christ simply doesn’t make him God.
Col. 1:19 For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell

John 14:10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works.

2Cor. 5:19 that is, God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.

John 3:2 … “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do unless God is with him.

Acts 10:38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power. He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him.

John 8:29 And he who sent me is with me. He has not left me alone, for I always do the things that are pleasing to him.”

John 16:32 “…Yet I am not alone, for the Father is with me

I agree

Jesus wasn’t a human temporarily, he is still a human though a resurrected and glorified human like we will one day be as well.

Also, Jesus is not a se since he himself says that he lives because of the Father and that he was given to have life in himself. Since Jesus is clearly dependent on someone other than himself for life then it’s clear he does not possess aseity.

It’s not just on earth but even after the resurrection and ascension Jesus has a God and is subordinate to him (Rev. 3:12, 1 Cor. 15:27-28)

As stated above Jesus does not have aseity nor was he innately immortal like his God YHWH is.

If one of them is first in any way among the others then they are not truly and completely equal.
NONE of the fullness of Deity dwells in us BODILY, ONLY in Jesus Christ.
BTW the word God does NOT appear in Col. 1:19, nor in 2:9.

Matthew 1:20But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.

Okay.......... so..........

What do YOU believe?

A) Mary is the mother of the fully human Jesus.
B) Mary is the mother of the fully God Jesus.
C) Both A and B.

Back