Pearl of Great Price inconsistencies

Elijah the Tishbite

Moses 1:6

6 And I have a work for thee, Moses, my son; and thou art in the similitude of mine Only begotten; and mine Only Begotten is and shall be the savior, for he is full of grace and truth; but there is no God beside me, and all things are present with me, for I know them

Book of Abraham

CHAPTER 4

The Gods plan the creation of the earth and all life thereon—Their plans for the six days of creation are set forth.

1 And then the Lord said: Let us go down. And they went down at the beginning, and they, that is the gods, organized and formed the heavens and the earth.
2 And the earth, after it was formed, was empty and desolate, because they had not formed anything but the earth; and darkness reigned upon the face of the deep, and the Spirit of the Gods was brooding upon the face of the waters.
3 And they (the Gods) said: Let there be light; and there was light.
4 And they (the Gods) comprehended the light, for it was bright; and they divided the light, or caused it to be divided, from the darkness.

:)Both the Book of Moses and Abraham are in the Pearl of Great Price:)

Last edited:
The Book of Abraham and D&C both teach polytheism

Doctrine and Covenants

Section 121

32 According to that which was ordained in the midst of the Council of the Eternal God of all other gods before this world was, that should be reserved unto the finishing and the end thereof, when every man shall enter into his eternal presence and into his immortal rest.

Doctrine and Covenants section 132:

20 Then shall they be gods, because they have no end; therefore shall they be from everlasting to everlasting, because they continue; then shall they be above all, because all things are subject unto them. Then shall they be gods, because they have all power, and the angels are subject unto them.

37 Abraham received concubines, and they bore him children; and it was accounted unto him for righteousness, because they were given unto him, and he abode in my law; as Isaac also and Jacob did none other things than that which they were commanded; and because they did none other things than that which they were commanded, they have entered into their exaltation, according to the promises, and sit upon thrones, and are not angels but are gods.

Cults purporting to be Christian almost always distort the Person and work of Jesus Christ, and tend to show a lower regard for the Bible than true Christians do.

Back