Poor, Broke, busted and disgusted. You cheap people! I ain't worth your _______

There's three buttons. "Who Are We?", "Our Senior Leaders", and "Donate Here". Only the donate button works. Well, that's not completely accurate. If you refresh the main page and the first thing you do is press "Who Are We?" it takes you to a "Donate Here" page. Go back to the main page, and then refresh it as if you just got there. The "Our Senior Leaders" button will take you to a "Donate Here" page.

There's three buttons. "Who Are We?", "Our Senior Leaders", and "Donate Here". Only the donate button works. Well, that's not completely accurate. If you refresh the main page and the first thing you do is press "Who Are We?" it takes you to a "Donate Here" page. Go back to the main page, and then refresh it as if you just got there. The "Our Senior Leaders" button will take you to a "Donate Here" page.
He needs your money.

This guy reminds me of some other preachers... Take a watch...
I used to attend a "spirit-filled" gospel revival church just like the one in the video years ago, and EVERYONE in the church was dressed to the nines. Every car in the parking lot was either a Benz, Cadillac, BMW or something equally if not more expensive, except of course the lone dusty, Korean import which was owned by yours truly who was also always wearing the exact same suit I purchased at the local thrift store for $10.00 which included a pair of dress shoes two pair of dress socks and a dozen ties.

I'm not so sure this preacher needs to apologize unless he's seriously suggesting that he should be wearing a fancy watch. I got the impression he was saying that unlike his congregation, he's still not wearing a fancy watch because he's giving the proceeds to the poor.

I used to attend a "spirit-filled" gospel revival church just like the one in the video years ago, and EVERYONE in the church was dressed to the nines. Every car in the parking lot was either a Benz, Cadillac, BMW or something equally if not more expensive, except of course the lone dusty, Korean import which was owned by yours truly who was also always wearing the exact same suit I purchased at the local thrift store for $10.00 which included a pair of dress shoes two pair of dress socks and a dozen ties.

I'm not so sure this preacher needs to apologize unless he's seriously suggesting that he should be wearing a fancy watch. I got the impression he was saying that unlike his congregation, he's still not wearing a fancy watch because he's giving the proceeds to the poor.

Well, he apologized... I am guessing he really meant it... He should not have been speaking to the congregation in such fashion. He was throwing a tantrum because he wasn't getting nice things from the people... He shows the carnality of his theology... The response of the people may also be representative of what he has been preaching...

Most of the "Spirit-filled" churches that I have seen have a variety of values for vehicles from the puddle-jumper/rust-buckets to very expensive cars. Ironically, the WoF churches in my town tend to have more "poor-man" vehicles than the E-Free Church on the other side of town that tends to sport what you described in your post.... I wouldn't base wealth a car value either. We are all aware of people who would rather own a beautiful car and live in a shack...

Well, he apologized... I am guessing he really meant it... He should not have been speaking to the congregation in such fashion. He was throwing a tantrum because he wasn't getting nice things from the people... He shows the carnality of his theology... The response of the people may also be representative of what he has been preaching...

Most of the "Spirit-filled" churches that I have seen have a variety of values for vehicles from the puddle-jumper/rust-buckets to very expensive cars. Ironically, the WoF churches in my town tend to have more "poor-man" vehicles than the E-Free Church on the other side of town that tends to sport what you described in your post.... I wouldn't base wealth a car value either. We are all aware of people who would rather own a beautiful car and live in a shack...
The church itself wasn't much to brag about either, but everyone looked as if they had spent six months worth of pay on a single outfit. Everyone was dressed like they were ready for the rapture, and needn't leave a cent in their bank accounts.

Back